New gosen gt58 0.58string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by lzc3025896, Jan 3, 2022.

1. lzc3025896

lzc3025896 New Member

yenyesoh and what07 like this.
  2. InfinitySmash

InfinitySmash Regular Member

Jesus, 0.58mm.

I need to test this string out, no videos about it yet either.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'd love to fast forward to 2122 to see whether or not they're using literal graphene strands as strings...

4. InfinitySmash

By then it wouldn't be a physical string anymore, it would probably be a photon propulsion system where you can set any tension you want, hardness etc.

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

So its recommended tension is 18-27lbs. Quite impressive.

6. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

How would it compare to Aerosonics? This string would definately mess up my timing :rolleyes:

7. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Never use Gosen 58 before but I've used Kizuna 58 the same gauge (26lb). Comparing to my go-to string Exbolt 63. Literally cannot feel different in a performance like repulsion. 0.63mm is def more durable than 0.58mm so its a no brainer. The only good thing that 0.58mm string can offer me is the sound lol. I don't think it's worth having your string snap many times using thin strings. The performance might be different with lower tension, maybe.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Kizuna is selling the Z58 for a couple of years now. And knowing that Kizuna is (or has been) the OEM for many, many other brands (hello, Adidas!), I have a certain feeling that Gosen has also jumped on board now with that GT58.

If anyone is really into Aerosonic and likes the feel of super thin strings, then those .58 gauge strings are clearly worth a try. But don't expect any miracles. Speaking for the Z58, the repulsion (freshly strung!) is great and even the durability was okay. Downside was that it felt rather dead after a couple of sessions and I was just missing some "mass". Can't describe it otherwise.

yenyesoh, speCulatius, what07 and 2 others like this.
  9. InfinitySmash

Just tried this Gosen GT58 string. Still holding on so far, played around 7 hours worth of badminton with the string.

Repulsion is crazy fast, but comparing to the Exbolt 63 string I'd still prefer Exbolt.

10. what07

what07 Regular Member

One thing I wish about z58 is that I wish it was just a tad harder feeling. If GT-58 is just a rebadge z58 then I guess I won't need to try it unless the price is similar. But I am curious with that 8/10 feeling.

Something about Yonex strings and their feeling is just right with me, whether its exbolt or aerosonic. But price and durability got me to switch away.

11. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I found that Kizuna's strings have softer feeling than most of the string out there. Durability prob is Kizuna strong point, but honestly as long as the string last more than a month it shouldn't matter since you will have to change it by then. So far I don't really have a durability issue with Exbolt (Strung at 26.5 lbs) strung it for 3 weeks and I played 2-3 hr session for 14 days straight. Exbolt have a perfect feeling for me, between hard and medium feeling and it produced a perfect sound that I really liked. This is from Exbolt fanboy so yea. I've tried all the 0.66m or lower that I can find in Thailand. Nothing comes close to Exbolt lol. What's your current string?

what07 likes this.
  12. what07

what07 Regular Member

Z58's @ 23lbs for now. 24/25 when the temperature goes up. I agree Kizuna's in general are more softer feeling throughout the whole lineup then Yonex. But atleast its not as soft as my zymax 62's. Out of the 16 or so sets of z58's I only broke 2. The rest I cut. Exbolts have the same durability for me even at 28lbs.

It seems to be only aerosonics for me at 26lbs I get the occasional mishit killer. Ideally I would pick aerosonic over z58 any day but I like to save some money as well. Exbolt I'll pass as I wanna put less stress on the racket with a higher tension and pick a thinner string.