New Badminton Centre, Richmond BC

Discussion in 'RichmondPro Badminton Centre' started by madbad, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Madbad, did you come out unphased when when checking the ladies shower heads? he he he!

Maybe softhands is referring to when more than one shower head is on therefore the overall pressure on each maybe a bit low. Or maybe both men and women's shower preassure should be turned up a tab.

I have not had a chance to try out the the Pro club but if I get the time I would try to. I was in Richmond during the weekend visiting family/relatives and played badminton at Thompson on Sunday.

#161 Matt, Jul 25, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. Softhands

Softhands Regular Member

one more thing, need more benches for people to put their bags in the washroom. Some of the things have to think from the customers' side, be more considerate...

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Softhands–it is certainly not our intention to be inconsiderate to our customers. In fact I would say we have gone out of our way to provide the best customer service possible. We have recently acquired more benches and if need be, we can move a couple more to the locker rooms. We are also sourcing lockers, which will complete the locker rooms.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's for sure that the business owner should "please" the customers. However, as us customers, we need to respect the time and effort the business spent for us.

Give it time and please only provide suggestions in a "friendly" tone. Somehow, I feel some of your suggestions are a bit offensive. :cool: True, we are the paying customers, and want to enjoy all the expereince. However, no business can satisfy every single individual, especially need to consider the cost and profit as well. If we are paying affordable price, sometimes, we can't expect all the stuff to match the luxury standard. :eek:

5. STRING

STRING Regular Member

I agree with you LazyBuddy. No business can 100% satisfy every single individual, especially Softhand. I have been playing at this place every week. I notice lots of improvements since opening day. Lots of positive and constructive feedback from players, except Softhand. One thing I notice from 1st tread is that the tone of Dontkillme, Birdiekiller and Softhand sound very similar. I wonder if they are related to each other??? The washroom door issue keep coming up from these people even though it been taken care of. Well Softhand, if you worry that other can see you or your lady friend(maybe your girlfriend) in the washroom. I can guarantee you in won't happen unless you purposely run into the opposite *** washroom. I hope you won't do this!!! Only people with this kind of intention will come out with this idea!! Based on your complaints, I guess you maybe one of the regular there. If you like to go there, why don't you just address the issues to the business owner. If you not sure who, you can ask at the front desk. Personally I found the owner very friendly and open to all suggestions. LazyBuddy is right on the price too. Let me put it this way, if you are willing to pay only 25K, expect to get a Honda civic, don't expect to drive a Ferrari!!!

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    A good idea for the club is to have a suggest box (if they not yet have one) which would be useful for customer input.

7. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    One thing for sure about RichmondPro, the owners are always looking for suggestions to improve the experience and very open to suggestions and ideas.

8. Viper888

Viper888 Regular Member

nothing is perfect unless custom build it!!!

9. Pochacho

Pochacho Regular Member

hmm.... one little suggestion... replying email would be nice too.

10. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    i love it. i was at PRO earlier today and it was fantastic. i think the issue with air con was already addressed and honestly, its not THAT bad. the one fan(that i saw) seems to do its job properly and its great when ur taking a break XD

everything else looks perfectly fine to me. good stuff!

11. aL_vin

aL_vin Regular Member

Pretty good work, but washrooms need to have ventilation please. It get too hot/stuffy in there, especially as there are showers. Not bad though, nonetheless, of the two times I've visited.

12. tofu_boy

tofu_boy Regular Member

Brick layer
    Drop In

Just curious to know if there's any drop ins at night during the week or weekends. I'm looking for some advanced level of play...

thanks, =]

t

13. tofu_boy

tofu_boy Regular Member

Brick layer
    Drop In

Nevermind...just called Richmond Pro...too bad drop ins are only in the daytime. Any plans on opening up at night as well?

t

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I'm sorry if you did email us but we've been having problems with the email. Could I trouble you to PM me instead with your question. Again, apologies. :)

mb

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Drop in Fri nights 8-11pm $6.50. I'm told this Fri night that there will be some pretty good players. I guess you'll just have to drop in to find out :)

16. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

hao-Ping...come on...all you do is go to drop in..ive never seen you in any lessons and go to any of the training camps...so how can you possibly say whether you liked it or not if you haven't even tried everything.

17. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    from wut i've seen, i dont like. simple as that. if u read my other posts i've given examples from the drop-ins which i went to and didnt enjoy. its not like i directly said that i didnt enjoy taking their lessons. i have no right to because i havent taken them. u say it like i'm just attacking them but IF ur the vincent i think u are then u would recall me being at c2 last week. maybe i shouldve taken a look at their lessons before the harsh words were said but after seeing the adv lessons, i stand by my limited opinion.

went to PRO a few more times. although i cant rly bring myself to understand why the other 2 courts in the half of the centre arent being used during the drop, doesnt rly make that much of a difference. my friend started complaining to me that there wasnt any food and he wanted some after playing long and hard games :D.

we were also talking about how kool the mens washroom looks when the lights are turned off. however, there is/was little air going in there so it got kinda hard to breathe after a while.

because i havent stepped on the back to back courts yet, they DO look pretty close to eachother. made me uneasy when i was walking between them to get back to the benches. the other courts look completely fine. there was one time when my racket skimmed the wall but thats because the birdie was lifted way out during a drill and i still went for it.

looks good still. would anyone care to explain to me how the coupons work and how u get them?

18. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I think the coupon was in one of the Chinese dailies as RichmondPro took out an ad in the paper.

The Richmond Review local paper (Aug 5th edition) has a full page on the facility detailing when Richard and Kelvin came up with the idea (back in the World Juniors that was held in Richmond back in 2004).

I checked the Review website but it looks like they don't have the article online yet. I will give it a few more days and if it is still not available, maybe I will scan the article and post here.

19. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    yep, the article is sitting infront of my face as i type. to be honest i didnt actually expect badminton to be in the paper; this is a pleasant surprise :D

20. Pochacho

Pochacho Regular Member

Great place! been there for few times.

will go there weekly with mom and dad for them to do some exercise :)