Need recommendations to move away from headlight.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Big Ears, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Big Ears

Big Ears New Member

Hi All,

I currently play with either a Jetspeed S10, or a Nano 750.

Recently ive been playing more singles and would like to move to something a bit more HH. I did own a Voltic 80 some time ago, but hated it, it felt like playing with a sledgehammer, so dont want to go that hh.

I know its all personal, but do any rackets spring to mind? I would always go 4u/g5 if possible

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

If you like that, get an Adidas Wucht P8. It's the closest you can get with more head weight. You can still choose between 3U and 4U. Comparing 3U to 3U, the Adidas will have roughly 2g more head weight (bring slightly lighter overall), so maybe 4U might be better. But - and I should have asked that at the beginning - what's wrong with the JS10 for singles?

3. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

Try one of this[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

justforfun likes this.
  4. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

You may try jetspeed 12ii. It is slightly head heavy that helps you in singles but still speed racket so you wouldnt feel so slow.

Big Ears likes this.
  5. justforfun

justforfun Regular Member

You could try adding grommet strip to the top of the racket next time you restring, which has the added benefit of replicating Yonex's Muscle Power design.

If you really want to get a new racket, have a look at Victor's Drive-X series which is their even-balanced lineup. It has a combination frame of box/aero and that should ease you into the added head weight.

#5 justforfun, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  6. Big Ears

Big Ears New Member

Thanks all. I assume the 'power balance' is the equivalent of lead tape?

I'll give that a go. Should only take a small amount to move the balance point.

I predict a few wierd looks from the family as im balancing badminton rackets and trying to measure where the balance point is!!

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

My advice: Get your head off the balance point number and start measuring the head weight (https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...-simpler-appoximation-of-swing-weight.123622/).

I'll repeat @speCulatius' question - what is your issue with the JS10 and why do you think you have to move to a more head heavy racket in the first place?

8. Big Ears

Big Ears New Member

Im not going to lie, I didnt read the full if pages, but after looking at the first few pics Im not sold on the method. I would rather create something in line with the swingweight scale used on golf clubs. Which i may try later...

I own 3 rackets, and dont have access to create a database of swingweight. And from my surfing I cant imagine manufacturers advertise this, so, in slower time I'll go through the thread to see if theres a table of the swingweight measured by others...

As for the question. I find the js10 fine in singles, but, maybe led by marketing, it seems people generally have greater success with hh rackets, so wanted to give it a go, as mentioned, i had no success with the VT80, so wondered if there was a half way house others hod success with, particularly those who may play or have played with js10 in the past?

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Swingweight is of course the best value but it requires special gear to meaure. There are is a number of swight weight data available from the shop racquetforce.com, best to scroll through their facebook page. The advantage of head weight measurement is that it's a lot easier to do and still covers a lot more that going by balance point only.

First of all, don't let your racket choice be influenced by what other players are using - and even less by marketing stunts. It all depends on your personal physique, your strenght, your swing style, your playing style and so on and so forth. And from my observations over the past years, I'd even say that the trend has been moving away from the head heavy sledgehammers and going towards more balanced to slightly head heavy rackets (say Arcsaber 11 as the perfect example).
    It's always good to try out some stuff if you want to, but also accept the fact when your impression tells you that it's not the right way to move forward.
    Personally, I've played the JS10 4U for 3 years pretty much exclusively in doubles and singles and I still think that it's among the top 5 rackets ever built. However, I've moved on to more user friendly and slightly more head heavy rackets (I'd consider the JS10 to be even balanced btw, it's clearly not a head light racket!) like the Li-Ning N9II and lately have arrived at the Adidas Wucht P8 as a great compromise between a fast and compact frame (same head shape as JS10) and a little more weight in the head.

badmintonpog1, Woesi and speCulatius like this.
  10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

this the common mistake ever made by every player. Minions are minions, K Momota are not VAxelsen so does VA not Lindan. Each had their own unique. You are you & me are me. No one are exactly the same. So just be yourself & dont try to become others.
    & last.... The pros get paid to use specific racket to promote the racket. Whatever the pros use they still shooting a nuke. We are not, so why bother if many success using HH racket.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  11. Big Ears

Big Ears New Member

Thanks for your help guys, has anyone played with an Auraspeed 98k? Im reading all sorts of conflicting reports about it, particularly how it compares to JS10

12. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Hi Big Ears,
    I used to play with an NR 750 and stil got 2. In order to improve my drop shot, my control at the net, my smash and also the repulsion for the drive I switched to a more head heavy racket. So I needed a racket with fast swing and also a light felling like the NR 750. And now I play with Kawasaki King K9 4u version, Lining Tectonic 7 and JNice Black Panther and I think it's a good turn after a NR 750 with a better attack and a better control.