Need Recommendation for Racket Replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by aldysantoso92, Apr 7, 2022.

1. aldysantoso92

aldysantoso92 Regular Member

Student
    Hi, I am casual player who plays 1-2 times a week. I was just coming back playing this week after 2 years not playing bcs of covid. Last racket I used is Astrox 88S 1st Gen, but I also have Arcsaber 11.
    I am buying Arcsaber 11 because I am enjoying Arcsaber 10 Taufik Hidayat editon before its broken, but the feeling on Arcsaber 11 just different or maybe I am not strong enough anymore since I am exhausted faster using Arc 11, then I bought Astrox 88S. It seems okay but not really fun to use, since hard to do drop shot / lack of smash power. I am looking for replacement? Any recommendation? My playstyle is not that fast, I like to do dropshot, smash but cant swing fast (also have Z force before but too heavy for now). I always playing double. So I hope I can find racket that not need much energy to do quite strong smash, good for control or dropshot. Thankyou!!

2. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

The Yonex Astrox 77 sounds perfect for you.

3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

How about 88D pro 4U?

4. aldysantoso92

Student
    considering this racket as well. Confuse between 88D Pro / 100 ZZ / Arcsaber 11 Pro.

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I'm lucky enough to try 3 of the rackets. This is my thoughts (I'm intermediate-advance player and play 5-6 days a week)
    String: Exbolt63 (Strung 26lb) all 4U
    - Smashing Power in order from high to low : 88D Pro > 100 ZZ > Arcsaber 11 Pro.
    - Drives: 100ZZ > 88D Pro > Arcsaber 11 Pro.
    - Ease of play (Overhead and backhand clear) : 88D Pro > Arcsaber 11 Pro > 100 ZZ
    - Control (Net play and drop shots) : 100 ZZ > Arcsaber 11 Pro > 88D Pro
    - Defense : 100 ZZ > Arcsaber 11 Pro > 88D Pro

I don't really like Arc 11 Pro cause I'm not used to the high hold time and it's really hard to generate powerful smash with it, that's my thought.
    100ZZ shaft is super stiff. If you have power and stamina to keep swinging at 90-100% most of the time, i don't really recommend 100ZZ. But out of the 3, I like 100ZZ in drives situation the most cuz it have ez enough racket mobility to move the racket to intercept and gives powerful and fast drives. imo, if you hit a perfect smash, 100ZZ gives more smashing power but 88D smashes comes easier.

I don't think there're any racket that have similar feeling as your fav arc 10. But I would suggest 88D Pro or 77 for lower budget players.

6. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

Nice analysis there, Zoap.

I have the same issue with arc11pro at the tension I usually string (24lbs, exbolt63).
    After I restring it with the tension about 2 lbs higher (26lbs), I can generate power and the shutter-hold time does not seems to be enormous as before.
    My worry now is that how long until the thing breaks...

About 100zz, aldy seems to be tired faster when he uses arc11.
    I think 100zz (even 4u) would be hard for him as well as it demands good technique to play efficiently.

The 88d pro 4u is an all-round racket.
    If it is blind-buy, 88d pro 4u is the safest bet of the lot.

7. aldysantoso92

Student
    Have you tried 88S 1st gen? Is there significance difference between 88S to 88D Pro?
    I usually use BG66 Umax with 25lbs tension for most of the rakcet I used.
    Budget is not really a problem for me right now

8. aldysantoso92

Student
    "If it is blind-buy, 88d pro 4u is the safest bet of the lot" Really? Even its coming from 88S to 88D Pro?
    Yea I considering about the weight of the ARcsaber 11 Pro as well. Haven't met any racket that clicked like my Arc 10 before hahaha.

9. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

I had both 88dpro and spro before, and strangely speaking, the d-pro is more user friendly for me...

I haven't try arc10 before, but arc11pro is really "smooth".

If money is no issue, I suggest nanoflare 700 (except the new red one).
    You need a bit of wrist strength to smash hard with that thing though (same as arc11pro 4u).

#9 neverdien, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022