Need coach in San Jose, CA

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by BaddiCrazi, Oct 23, 2009.

1. BaddiCrazi

BaddiCrazi Regular Member

Student
    Hi, my school's team has been looking for a coach for a very long time. We were extremely disappointed last year because they gave us the Girls' Tennis Team coach to be our badminton coach. Last year when I was a freshman I was able to beat him, that is not good. My school is a B-league school in the BVAL League So this is a really big call for help, if you know anyone that might be interested in having a part-time job or would love to come coach us please PM me.

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    yerba buena high im guessing? haha

3. BaddiCrazi

Student
    lol, i was trying to hide that how'd you know? were you someone we played?

4. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    del mar. I know YB's coach isnt a real coach. It shouldnt stop you from getting better.

5. BaddiCrazi

Student
    oh, makes a whole lot of sense, you guys were amazing even though your team had to forfeit matches, especially your mixed team those two are really cute together. But that aside the fact of the matter is that we have people willing to start conditioning December, but no coach to lead us. I mean I'm only a student, there is only so much I can do to help the team. By the way, are you a coach? Because I don't think students would get this in-depth into other schools.

6. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    A coach is helpful but you can still get quite far without one. Once a week me and a few of my teammate go to bintang and play. It racks up quite a few dollars but i manage to just pay with quarters i find through out the week. Once a week yearround helps alot.

I was very bad freshmen year but I trained once a week after the season was over and i became as good as if not better than most 2nd to 3rd year players. As for coaching during the seasons since you dont have a coach to critique your playing you just have to focus on form and drills. The drills dont need to be fancy basic drills will suffice.
    And no im not a coach sorry. Your best chance at a coach is to ask players that have graduated but are still local.

7. meteoflare

meteoflare Regular Member

String breaker
    check your pm . . .

8. BaddiCrazi

Student
    eh, graduated players don't bade well with our athletic director. she isn't exactly pro young coaches and i'm serious when i say this, because she finds them too immature to be coaches and honestly the team won't take that person seriously unless they are godly like Dinh