Nanospeed 9900 Vs Arcsaber Z-slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by anantbhasin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. t1nosupr1mo

t1nosupr1mo Regular Member

student
    i want to upgrade and i still cant decide.
    im currently on ns8000.

my concern about the z is the head heavy/small sweetspot.
    im not really a power player but i want to improve my backhand base clear.
    i cant seems to do it with ns8000; i kinda wanted to try the arc saber z since its completely on the opposite side of the chart.
    please advise

2. nz2010

nz2010 Regular Member

I try the Arc-z before and the racket is so hard to get used to, got problems with timing. Only powerful when you hit it right i.e on the sweetspot, otherwise no power. Not a user friendly racket, slow in defense due to head heavy. Therefore I bought NS9900 and it a great racket :). Give Arc8DX a try, it a great racket with even balance and no problem with timing. Very powerful/solid smash with quick and great defense. Also the Arc10 both are excellent and more user friendly than Arc-z.

3. t1nosupr1mo

student
    i was swinging around the racket and it feels like only slightly head heavy than the ns9900

4. nz2010

nz2010 Regular Member

By swinging the racket on the air and yes maybe it does feels not that head heavy cause the arc-z does cut through air very quick. Defense not that great compare to Arc8DX, Arc10, AT900T or NS9900. Arc-z still a solid racket if you willing to spend more time and practice with it. Very powerful and solid smash when you hit it on the sweetspot. Really hard to tell which racket will suit your style by just having a quick swing at it at the shop. Only when you play real game with that racket then you can tell. I have played with many rackets before as well i.e. NS8k, Arc-z, AT900P/T, NS9900, Arc10, MP99, Arc8DX.... In the end I like Arc8DX the most, follow by NS9900.

#164 nz2010, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  5. t1nosupr1mo

student
    do you think its worth the differences between nanospeed 8000 vs nanospeed 9900
    the goal was to try something different LOL. i figure they will release another new top end for armortec and nanospeed. which line up is the oldest ?
    nanospeed/armortec/arcsaber/musclepower/carbonex?
    carbonex is pretty old and muscle power is pretty much stopped and becoming mainstream entry lvl.

6. nz2010

nz2010 Regular Member

If you want to know about NS9900 vs NS8k then NS9900 is stiffer, more headlight balance, more powerful and durable than ns8k. So its worth to buy ns9900 instead. NS8k is a little too headlight, so good for double, great at the net but lack of baseline smash power.

7. t1nosupr1mo

student
    soo 9900 is more headlight than 8000?
    i thought it was the other way around according badminton alley spec. they could be wrong.

8. nz2010

nz2010 Regular Member

NS9900 is headlight to even balance and NS8000 is headlight. So yeah ns8k is lighter.

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i second this comment! :)

10. gundamzaku

working professional
    i second that too :)

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
  12. gundamzaku

working professional
    i wish i got on this thread a lot earlier, like your humor :)

13. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    HI,

I just upgraded from NS8000 to Arc-ZS last week. Tried it once and all the chit chat about mis timing is true!! BUT this racket certainly faster than the NS8000. Not sure bout the NS9000 though. It doesn't feel that head heavy like u're using an AT700 3U!! it is just slightly head heavy than Arc10. This certainly helps with the backhand. It is a less stiff racket compared to the NS8000, slightly head heavy and faster!!!

I think I will master the timing within this 2 weeks. IMO when u're used to fast racket it shouldn't be of any problem with the Arc-ZS. I manage to maintain my control, precision, net, clears and improve my b/hand and f/hand smash(not like TH but still there are some improvement;))I'm sure it will improve my game. You too should try and luv it!!!

14. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

i have the arc Z-S as well i agree about mistiming but yes in 2 weeks your timing will improve

15. todjo

todjo Regular Member

self employed
    After your mistiming is gone, then you use other racket for several times, if you use your arcZ-S again, will the mistiming happen again? Usually, I use at700. If I switch to at600, mistiming happens. I use at700 again, then switch again to at600, mistiming happens again. It's so annoying...

16. drew tze en

well yer it does
    but you have to try and feel the racket as if it is a part of you
    when you get used to the racket try using another racket then use the arc z-s your timing will be a bit better
    i do the same thing but i dont know how but my timing is better then before

17. todjo

todjo Regular Member

self employed
    When I play badminton, I always bring 3-4 rackets. I sweat a lot, so I change racket after each game. If I use at700 & then arcZ-S for the next game, will I get mistiming? Usually, I bring at700, wilson K-smash, & ti10. Lately, I don't bring my at600. That's why I'm considering arcZ-S.

18. drew tze en

OK!!
    don't bring so many rackets minimum 2-maximum 3
    oh i see you have a at700 sorry i don't have that model because the way yonex designed it was different to a few other rackets that the shaft has a snap back technology meaning when you hit the shuttle the racket shaft well it snaps back into position
    here is the yonex website of your racket model and look at the technology put into it

http://www.yonex.co.uk/Badminton/Product.aspx?ProdID=486

19. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    The At700 & the Z-slash are 2 contra beast. The AT700 generates smashes using it physical head heavy force while th Z-slash uses it unique ability to resist air thus providing faster swing speed than other racket. That's why u will get mishit. They play different, they feel different...

Zs.JPG

20. jairbak

jairbak Regular Member

ok for people that are still not sure what racket to buy or that are considering between the nanospeed 9900 and the arc-z, I'm going to make your choice easier. ( I hope) :p.
    if you have a good strong wrist, so that you can hit good drives, have a good flick at the net, if you can hit the shuttle with power at the last moment) than the arc- z is good for you because you will get more power.
    If you don't have such a strong wrist than the nanospeed 9900 is better for you because it will make the flicks and the drives easier for you.

Alot of people when the're going to choose a racket they want to know which one has more power, but power isn't everything, and all the high and rackets are good you just have to find the right one for you. I own a arc z and a nanospeed 9900 and although I have a bit more power with the arc z the nanospeed is the better racket for me because it helps me with my flicks and fast drives.

hope you understad what I'm trying to say and hope it helped.