NanoSpeed 8000 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cooler, Jan 20, 2005.

1. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

Anybody in the forum (in the US) is selling this racket? How much?

2. manabu

manabu Regular Member

Dr
    from what I understand, fullerenes are sorta related to the perhaps more famous "Carbon Nanotubes", in a way that the nanotubes are sealed with the half spherical shaped fullerenes cap.... blah blah..

The racket has to be in similar weights (eg: 2U, 3U, 4U etc..) as the ones existed simply because of "getting used to factor", it's too risky for a big firm like Yonex to revolutionise the industry with a light weight racket imagine 6U that people would take a long time to adapt.

Although the technology might compansate with the issues of stiffness and structure integruity due to the lower density (with Bucky balls in between as suggested by Yonex? :confused: ) but the formula of momentum (p=mv) is independent of the materials used still... so I would reckon that for rackets of similar head heavyness (or balance point), a 2U racket would hit the shuttle further than a 6U (say..) racket with the same swing.

The only problem that I have with the colour scheme of the new NS series is that itz getting harder to judge between the NS7K and NS8K and AT700, other than that Im all good with what's on the rackets :D

any1 keen to elabrate the difference in shape between the NS7K and NS8K? I thought they are both ISO?? :confused:

sorry for the long post and feel free to comment people, Im here to promote the freedom of speech and I hope I didnt mislead any1 ;)a

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Duh, once you see them, you will notice they are VERY different rackets in terms of looks. :rolleyes:

4. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    NS7K - Isometric
    NS8K - Box Shaped

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you mean

NS7K - aero shape

6. Der_Coach

Der_Coach Regular Member

Badmintoncoach (BMK Wätterstad)
    Ns8000

I have used th NS8000 for 2 weeks now - I don't like the finish at all; it looks cheap - NS7000 looks so much greater. The first time it felt so light (used AT800 off before) and I wondered how to get speed with at such light raquet but now when I used it - I have never had a such good smash before so go for it!!!

7. mgsmith1

mgsmith1 Regular Member

NS7000 is supposedly 'head light' , and the NS8000 a bit more head heavy.

8. Renkinjutsushi

Renkinjutsushi Regular Member

just wanna mention that the velocity should be noted as well because the velocity of the swing is dependent on how fast you can swing it, which can depend on the mass of the racquet... so there's a point where too low of a mass can decrease the power but also there's a point where too high of a mass can decrease the power as well....

9. mgsmith1

mgsmith1 Regular Member

v is indeed critical, more so than racket mass. a strong player will accelerate a light racket to a higher velocity and get MUCH more power than an average player can from Any racket. keep in mind that the 'm' in that equation is NOT the mass of the racket head, at least not on a smash. the racket head is not isolated most of the time from the mass of your body. if you flip the racket head to make a quick back-hand drive, so that you aren't accelerating the racket head when it hits the shuttle the relevant mass may be the racket head mass; but if you are pushing the racket head as in a drive, or actually pulling the racket head as in a smash, the mass of your arm and part of your body are also part of the m for that equation; the stiffness of the racket, string tension, and a hundred other factors determine how efficiently the power transfers to the bird. but the racket head mass itself is only a tiny piece of the puzzle, I believe.

10. Becker

Becker Regular Member

technician
    weight

Which weight do you prefer ?

Thanks !
    Becker

11. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    True! I purchased my NS7000, strung with 28 Cross 26 Main with Gosen Pro66. After a few games, you will be able to manipulate the racket much better. It has a well balanced weight; being head-light is really excellent for fast recovery, drops and cuts. And... as for the smash, well... in no time you will realized that this head-light racket can also generate better smashes!

Thanks.

12. Renkinjutsushi

yeah i understand all that, but my main was to manabu was that he/she shouldn't say that the 'm' is the most important thing because he/she mentioned that a 2U racquet would generate less power than a "6U" racquet.

13. manabu

manabu Regular Member

Dr
    sorry Ive raised such confusion peoples, maybe I should define more on "the same swing" part of my story... let say a mechanical arm with a fixed v and mass m and racket with same stiffness s and string tension k?? but the idea is that since we are comparing the rackets, cant we just ignore the human mass factor?? dont they just cancel each other anyways provided the rackets are swing by the same "source" performing the same "movement"(eg smashing)? :confused:

and my perception is actually that a 2U racket generate more power (and ie the shuttle goes further) than a say 6U racket, sorry my bad english seemed to give you (and maybe many more innocent others) the opposite idea. Appologies for that... :crying:

14. Renkinjutsushi

that's ok, cuz i was actually considering both the m and v factors and brought up this discussion :p anyways, i also apologize for saying you that a 2U would generate less power than a 6U, i accidentally switched them around :p

15. ditorajo

ditorajo Regular Member

Side by side comparison

Frame head, base and side

Attached Files:

16. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    NS8000 is having Slim head?

I wonder if durability will be an issue here....:rolleyes:

17. cosmic

cosmic Regular Member

I think the slim head is for the racket in comparison.

18. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    From the review fo NS7K and NS8K, it seems that now Yonex will back to the MP policy. Which is : No special racket for single and double.
    Not like AT with its AT800OF-DE.
    Is that true ?

19. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Maybe they will give you a piece of free lead tape with the NS8K. If you want NS8K OF, you just stick a bit at the 12 o'clock position :D

20. manabu

manabu Regular Member

Dr
    Hi ditorajo, thx for sharing the pictures but Im still uncertain about what NS8k looks like, it would be great if you can post a side by side picture showing the 2 full rims of the rackets! thx~

anybody want to trade NS8K for a JP NS7K 3UG5 please pm me~ :D