NanoSpeed 7000 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Oct 22, 2004.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I have been using this racket for some time, and I think this racket is not bad at all. Yes, it is head-light, but that's what it should be. It was originally designed like that. If you want head heavy rackets, there are always AT rackets, so why not make some head light rackets? :)

Yes, it is light, but that's up to what users are. Some people like head heavy rackets, some like even balanced ones. So, I won't be surprised if there are people who like head light rackets. At least I am sure head light rackets are generally more user-friendly to people. ;)

It may or may not have power, but so far I found the control is doing good, and that's what I need. It is a very responsive racket and that's important for badminton.

Practice makes perfect, and I think I will get more power that I needed through skills and up coming training. I really don't think any racket will give me anything on the power part.:)

2. manabu

manabu Regular Member

Dr
    Hi all,

Been to Japan mid-Dec and got my nanospeed, I've bought my first 3U racket (they ran out of all 2U stocks in Victoria) and didnt like it at first. After 2 sessions 4+hrs, I found the control was excellent near the net and lifting required less effort, deep and accurate placements of shots were rewarding.

I would rate it as a defensive racket, as others have previously suggested. Powerwise, I think my comment would be slightly biased as Im so used to 2Us, I found the shaft abit too stiff for the whipping action but the accurate control of smashes overcame the problem in my opinion.

On the offensive side of the racket, again as others have suggested, it really takes time to adapt to the timing of this racket as drops and slices were off the mark at first. One thing to note is that Ive made some crazy slice shots using this racket, so the fast swingspeed deserve some credits. Smashing is without doubt the weakness in this racket as with all other "control" type of rackets, it's slower than my other 2Us but placement were good so that compensated the effect.

I would recommend people to play doubles game with it as the frame looks like it is quite durable (like surviving clashes) and most importantly the control of this racket at the net is a monster, more so in returning smashes thanks to the light weight and wider frame. Pushes (is that the proper word :confused: ) were generally good and fast.

Last note, I would still prefer a 2U as ideal to compensate for the lack of power, hopefully that would enable me to play some good singles game too!

just my 2 cents worth~! :)

3. extremepower

extremepower Regular Member

Help badminton players to enjoy badminton and affo
    nano

another new technology, another new follower. agreed that most lighter rackets are for defensive. Heavier is good for hard hitter and offensive minded players.
    rgds

4. extremepower

extremepower Regular Member

Help badminton players to enjoy badminton and affo
    bangkok.

Hi,
    Can you check with them how much it cost for bg66 string in 100 pieces?
    tks.

5. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    The world doesn't need more opinions on the NS7000, but I'll go ahead and post mine anyway! :D

Tried out Twobeer's 3U NS7000 quite a bit yesterday in some drills, a game of mixed doubles, and singles. I found the racquet very -- no, make that extremely -- agreeable. It's very stiff and slightly head light. Indeed, that's not a combination that goes down well with everybody, but it's just what I want and it's just what's been missing in the Yonex product line.

The overall feel of the racquet is very good. I could feel the shots well, timing just felt right at once, and maneuverability is excellent. Control at the net was great. Well, this was all pretty much expected considering the stiffness and balance of the racquet.

What surprised me was the amount of power I got out of it. Actually, producing power is probably the least of my "badminton problems", but I was expecting at least some trade-off for control with this head light racquet. Wrong. Smashes were as sharp and powerful as ever. In fact, I felt I got more power and better angles with of the NS7000 than my current MP-99's (2U & 3U), and possibly even my late MP-100's. The feeling when you hit the sweetspot in a full-out smash is also rather peculiar with this racquet. It is hard to describe, but I can really feel how the racquet rebounds very rapidly after the shuttle is hit, much faster and more so than with any other racquet I've used. It is not disturbing at all, on the contrary it is quite a good feeling, but odd. Whether it has to do with the material or some other aspect of the racquet I do not know, and I really don't care. :p

Well, folks, this just goes to show how individual racquet preference is. Most reviewrs so far have said that they lose power with this racquet. I'm a very tall player with enough power, and I don't really need that extra bang that head heavy racquets can give -- especially not if it means I have to sacrifice accuracy (and it always does). With the NS7000 I felt I had the same (if not better) power as with the MP99, faster maneuverability, and slightly better control.

Oh dear. It's racquet switching time again. I thought I had wisened up!
    :eek: :D

6. manabu

manabu Regular Member

Dr
    hey mag,

how do u find hitting the sweetspot of NS7000 in comparison to that of Carbonex rackets? I personally found nothing (including NS7000) has a more rewarding feeling than the Carbonex series rackets in hitting on the sweetspot. Just my 2 cents!

7. youngwind

youngwind Regular Member

student
    30T is not the highest material racquet grade for compressive strength .while Yonex racquets are always with 36T and its old racquets with 30T..now even higher marerial grade can be found ,for example , in China, 46T with ChaoPai TI-20 and 40T with DASHA S-002.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i'm not stereotyping but base on their training style, most european players seem to prefer balanced to head lighter rackets(a general statement). I'm looking forward to NS series too as i haven't found my ideal racket from the armortec series. I heard the 8000 should be out very soon too.

#88 cooler, Jan 20, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  9. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law

Does anyone know what 8000 is supposed to be? attack/defense/balanced?

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Of course another NS series will be coming out in the future. But at the moment , there are no News yet regarding NS8000 , it is just a speculation.

11. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    We don't know about that yet, it might not even be called "8000" (perhaps other numbers as well). :)

Also, nano rackets might not be the only new Yonex rackets, be sure to look at others, too.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

Yup.. maybe it will come up with a NS9000 first..:). My advise is dont look foward for whatever rackets that is not out yet. Just use whatever we have at the moment.

13. ditorajo

ditorajo Regular Member

I got my NS7000 today. From my point of view, this model was designed based on previous popular yonex models such as MP99/100 and Armortec800 etc. It carries the single-pass stringing pattern and aerodynamic cross-section shape just like AT800DF and there are five muscle bumps on the top of isometric head shape. Frame base clearly shows the wide body pattern like what they invented before. I think, yonex is getting closer to produce the perfect racket ever with different type of head balance such as light, heavy or even.

14. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    nice!!!! tell me how it feels.... over in Canada, I wont' get mine till March.... n' that's at the local store, the owner will ship a few in from Japan that is....

15. ditorajo

ditorajo Regular Member

I had a go yesterday after I got it strung at 26/25lbs. It's comparable with my MP99 even better interm of control. Eventhough, it says head light balance, this racket still can generate more power with great 'swissshhhh' sound everytime I smash or clear and easy to play attacking drive. I like it very much.

16. stealthelf43

stealthelf43 New Member

17. mikeg1

mikeg1 New Member

Yer, the ns 8000 is being launched at the all england! Beginning of march!

18. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    I ORDERED MINE EARLIER TODAY!!! coming in March straight from Japan with JP series encoding.... sweeeeet....

19. jeremy

jeremy Regular Member

human resource
    On my initial review I've said that I can hardly feel vibrations coming from the racket. But after weeks of playing with it I can definitely feel vibrations channeling from the racket shaft to my arms. Sometimes it would really cause my arm muscles to hurt. :( I strung mine with BG68ti @ 24lbs. So far I've only wraped the grip with 1 ply of Prince DuraZorb overgrip. Has any NS7000 user had the same experience? Do you think using a towel grip or thicker overgrip will solve my problem?

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, that's not really a problem, it's more like a preference thing. People like me like to have more "feels" to the racket. So, a little vibration/response is actually a good thing in my opinion :)