NanoSpeed 7000 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Oct 22, 2004.

1. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    anyone monitoring the prices of AT800s?

also, anyone know when the NS7000s will reach bangkok?

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    NS7000 TH version most likely in FEB or Late January.

3. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    Thanks, Ants.

I always put money aside every with the intention of going to Bangkok, for some reason, I never get to go. Here's hoping =)

4. crosstrainer

crosstrainer Regular Member

IT consultant
    hmm... they already phased-out the AT800's? that's interesting.
    I wonder if they're going to come out with an armor-nano-muscle thing anytime soon. :D

I have the nCODE 90 from wilson and it's a fine racket. It's not as stiff as the AT800 DF and I find it quite stable. can't wait to compare it to the NS series.

5. jeremy

jeremy Regular Member

human resource
    NanoSpeed for the curious

I finally got to test my new baby, the NanoSpeed 7000. I got mine from a store in Mongkok, HK for a whooping $1,500HK. The Armortec LE was even cheaper for $1,300HK! I totally agree with Ants’ initial review of the NanoSpeed 7000 (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19145
    ). Playing with the racket continuously for 4 hours immediately gave me the impression that the NanoSpeed 7000 is totally a control racket.

Aesthetics: Its metallic silver & cherry red color coupled with its intricate designs on its shaft is a beauty to one’s eyes. The metallic finish is topped with a thin layer of gloss coat giving the racket a shiny look. There weren’t any paint chips or bubbles/lumps on its surface. Its paint was evenly laid out giving it a smooth & perfect finish. I am so impressed with the built quality of my NS7000 JP as compared to my MP99 SP & Ti10 SP.

Play: The NS7000 is a breeze to swing. Its aerodynamic head and 3U weight felt like one was effortlessly slicing through air. Although when I was already giving shots with the NS such as clears and drives I’d definitely agree with Ant’s as I had to apply a little bit of extra effort to place my shots right. But it doesn’t NS7000 is a headlight racket giving it more control to players as head heavy rackets such as my Ti10 gave me more punch on my shots. This racket is remarkable when it comes to net play. Performing drops & saves/lobs were easier. It gave me total control of the shuttle whenever my racket got in touch with it.

The NS7000 being head light I guess greatly improved my recovery time. I responded quicker with shots to my backhand & saved a lot of hard to reach passing shots. Being a light weight 3U also didn’t tire my hands/arms as quickly as the MP99 & Ti10 2U I have. My hands & arms hardly felt any vibrations coming from it. I guess its Nano shaft effectively muffled the vibrations or it might have been the low tension I strung it with (BG68-TI @24). As for shaft stiffness, I’d rate is as the same with my MP99. It doesn’t flex too much nor is it too stiff to make your arms sore.

Overall the NS7000 is a great racket. But I would suggest buyers to 1st try out one before buying it. Think about its price 1st boys & girls as it is almost as much as or even higher than an AT LE (based on HK price). The NS7000 is definitely a control racket & I have no regrets in buying this racket. Its quality & performance was well worth it. I’m not a rocket scientist to fully discuss how nano technology affects a racket performance, yet I am sure that there is definitely something mysterious with the NS7000’s shaft that gives it advantage when playing with it. For now the price of this racket is too high considering nano technology is suppose to make the cost of producing graphite badminton rackets cheaper.

6. jeremy

jeremy Regular Member

human resource
    nano speed pictures

here's some pictures for the curious.. :)

Attached Files:

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Great to hear you are enjoying the racket. Nice review as well. Keep it up.

8. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Ahaha, the NS7000 looks so futuristic..........half expecting a lightsaver to pop up and chop the birdie in half. :p

9. Steplantis

Steplantis Regular Member

Broadcast Engineer
    I tried out this racket when I was in Japan over the Xmas/New Year and have to be honest - I thought it was a pretty poor racket. I tried both the 3U and 2U models and even the 2U felt too light.
    The use of Nano technology is the first time that Yonex haven't been the intial company to produce a racket utilising that technology. A company called Kumpoo released a racket with the "Nano" label earlier last year in Japan, and kind of forced Yonex's hand into producing it's own model, and I think it shows.....
    It's cheaper than the Armortec 800 OF/DF models and they are much better rackets.

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    short review

Bought one to try out (bad habit) don't really need a new racket :)..
    I feel extremely headlight I and I had a hard time timing to hit the sweetspot.

I will restring it and give it some more time... but most probably sell it off, and wait for the 8000/9000, and hope for more even balanced or head-heavy balance :)..

Cheers,
    Twobeer

11. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    NS 8000/9000?

When did this happen?

12. wubuseah

wubuseah Regular Member

Procrastination
    Hasn't happened yet. The people above are expecting it to happen after yonex is done testing the waters with the NS7000.
    Call it a prediction of of the inevitable...:D

13. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Ah ha, so the CSC cap is only a marketing gimmick. I guess that's why the NS7000 does not have the CSC cap.

14. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I think so , too :)
    That cap thing is just something to do with users' habit.

15. annab

annab Regular Member

Web developer and entrepreneur
    Just got word from people at yonex-th.com that the NS7000 TH will be out in March. No pricing info released either.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Marketing gimmick or not, the CSC allows you to hold the racquet higher up the handle, the cone, which helps.

17. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

You can hold any racket on the cone :p The CSC is just a slightly different shape of "cone".

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    True, but the wider cone surface is easier and faster to grip than the conventional more rounded/squarish cone.

19. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I think the difference is minimal. I *slightly* prefer the CSC shape, but it's hardly significant. Other people may prefer the traditional cone.

*shrug*

20. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    Thanks, AnnaB.

I was planning on going to Bangkok around Feb for a vacation and possibly a chance to buy an NS7000 but it appears I will be too early.

I'm assuming its hot as heck in Bangkok in march, right? anybody?