Nanoflare 800 3U or 4U?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by emilsmazais, Aug 29, 2019.

1. emilsmazais

emilsmazais Regular Member

Enthusiast
    Good day,
    I've noticed that the Nanoflare 800 has come out. Currently I'm using the Li-Ning TC50 and I find it a tad heavy overall and way too slow for front court doubles. I was previously using the Astrox 88S in 4U, but found it too light for singles or backcourt. If I was to shop for a nanoflare 800, should I go for a 3U or 4U weight?

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

3U

Holyseraphy likes this.
  3. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

It's always a compromise when you want to play doubles, mixed and singles with one racket. In the end you just have to feel comfortable with the racket. If the 4u Astrox88 was too light for you, then the Nanoflare800 in 4u doesn't make sense.

-> 3u and headlight or balanced
    -> 4u and headheavy

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO we are here in a discussion of nuances. What discipline you play the most, second, last? In percentage? That it is due physics impossible to get a racket that hits like a bomb from the back and excel in fast and flat game at same time in the frontcourt is clear? If you found the TC50 too slow for you and the AX88S 4U too light, how do you think that the NF800 fits perfectly in the middle? I agree that 3U would be the choice, forget 4U, but I doubt that coming from medium and mediumstiff rackets with normal head to a stiff compact is exactly what you are looking for. How about training reflexes and timing in the front court? Wouldn't be a TC70 or a 3U Astrox88S the better option, since we are talking here just about the weight in the head as issue?

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

instead of buying as you own both TC50 & 88S & also found opposite problem, how about switching between it?
    Use 88S for double which definitely faster & use TC50 for single which also definitely more punching.
    Or other option, customize your 88S with lead tape. Do alot of combination to where you apply the tape. Mimic e-tune concept, Trivoltage concept, or Astrox concept. Experiment with it till you find a racket that suit your preference.

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. emilsmazais

Enthusiast
    I mean training more is an obvious choice :D.
    3U Astrox 88S does sound good, I just thought maybe trying out something new, I like to experiment with things

7. emilsmazais

Enthusiast
    I tried the lead tape thing, felt a bit weird. Problem is, my 4U 88S broke a few months ago, so I bought the TC50 as a replacement. The thing I didn't expect is for it to be so heavy overall :D
    If I had them both, I'd probably have tried switching, but sadly, it's not possible

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Then i guest you have 2 option.
    1. Get another racket for different purpose. TC50 for single & other new racket for double.
    2. Train your muscle or adapt your gameplay. Little tips, maybe it might be usefull. I use 3U head heavy racket for double (very rare i play single). Im back court player, bombardier type. Most of the time i play on the back court, but there will always a time where i need to be in the front or play fast. What i do, i move my hand holding closer to the cone & sometimes i even hold right on the cone itself. That way it will reduce the head weight force & makes the racket move faster. The downside, as you moving your racket up & down, your racket length also going up & down. So if you not used to it, miss hit will become your new problem.

9. emilsmazais

Enthusiast
    Well in doubles, I'm more of a front court player, but sometimes go to the back. That's why I was thinking a bout the NF800 as a good front court racket as it comes in 3U, unlike the NF700 which is only in 4U. I don't have the option to test it out though :(
    That's why I'm asking here :D