My thoughts on the All England Mk. II

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by Destricto_Ense, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Angelineayht

Angelineayht Regular Member

Student
    Don't players get the yellow card first before getting the red card??

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Are u serious? Or maybe your ambulance babes are ready 24/7 as usual..that's why u are not afraid:D

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Agree.. That match already ended. NO idea for what the umpire gave the red card to cai yun some more?:rolleyes:

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I vaguely remember the rules stating the red card carries forward to future match. New rules. ANybody can clarify?

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the mini coverage..

..thanks for your effort, Destricto_Ense! and also for the pics (yes, we need more as it seems like none of the UK BCers like to take & share any pics of past AEs)!:cool:
    *For that effort we might be able to give you a free BC t-shirt (granted you contact one of the BCers coming from UK and you put your name on the sign-up waiting list);):cool:

#45 ctjcad, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  6. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Oh wow, thanks ctjcad! I also tweeted about 200 times on the QF day but nobody on BC read it :eek:
    Then my friends complained that I had too many badminton tweets to I moved them to here, if you're interested - http://bcpk.org/all_england_tweets.htm (the times are wrong, obviously, and it's going backwards down the page)

Do you know a UK BCer I could contact?

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- I will try to read your tweets when i have the time. Thanks for your effort, but perhaps next time a live report to BC is much more preferred..:cool:
    - As for a UK BCer you could contact, from the list in the "Free BC t-shirt" thread, your only bet so far is 1984AllEngland (contact him on how to courier/ship it to you); maybe alvinlai, but i think he's back in M'sia.
    You'd still need to put your name and t-shirt size on the waiting list, though.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    my thought on ae is
    china tc looks good now as cai/fu will be their 2nd md:eek:

9. lulu56

lulu56 New Member

Cai and Fu became partners since the end of 2002. Before then, Cai was a single player and he was not among the top ones.

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I missed this thread......sorry.

You should visit this thread.............http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10402&highlight=crafty+folks

Did you see LL getting told off after the Tine Rassmussen match? I counted this telling off was 45 mins, from ZN & the other guy (I forget his name)

I still don't see the point - I think Red Card in a game meant deduction of a point. I assume he gets a fine too.....

Nice contribution destricto anyhow.....top effort on the tweets....if your friends say there is too much badminton on your twitter, then you need to get new friends!!:D:D

11. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    I did not see LL get lectured, poor thing. I did notice after the XDF that even the winning pair got some words afterwards... no victory shower and relaxation for them.

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    This lecturing thing is pretty normal. The Chinese squad normally get lectured for two reasons:

1. they lost
    2. they won but didn't play to expectations

For the XD winning pair, the reason would be no 2. Because they actually didn't play that well but only managed victory because they were able to react fast.

Ma Jin and Wang Xiaoli were also lectured by Tian Bingyi after the WD final of the Asian Championships last year, despite winning over LHJ/LKW in Suwon.

13. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The Korean lectures I have seen first hand includes snapping to attention (well, sort of) and bowing to the coach. But bowing is part of their culture, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Eriko Hirose bows to the court after every game.

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction