My strings snapped twice in 2 weeks in the same place

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by MarketWizard, Dec 29, 2020.

1. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

I just bought an astrox 88D and strung it at 25lbs with bg66 force. I understand that bg66f is one of the least durable strings out there, but I'm wondering whether it's coincidence that the strings snapped in the same place twice after 2 days of use each time. I'm not even the hardest smasher and 25lbs is relatively light for twice in 2 weeks isn't it?

Also, to give you some context about how infrequently my strings break, I have a Voltric 10dg which is still intact after months of play bg66f at 24lbs. And my astrox 99 strung at 25lbs with bg66 ultimax has gone 4 months and string is completely intact.

Also, I'm 100% sure my 88d is authentic. What do you guys think?

2. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Most probably grommet issue

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

3. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

What is the best way to remedy a grommet issue?

Are there any grommets that anyone can recommend and where I can buy them in the US? Any chance yonex can do something about this seeing how it's a manufacturing issue and not my fault?

#3 MarketWizard, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  4. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

Just go to your local badminton store, and ask for a grommet replacement. They are cheap

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Sometimes, a lazy stringer didnt check or do a little maintenance to their stringing job. They just do what they asked & paid for which is string the racket.
    So, it would be wise for us racket owner to check the racket ourself & then ask the stringer to rotate or replace any broken grommet. If majority of the grommet are in bad shape, better request for full replacement. The cost is not much & minimize other risk that might break your racket which will cost you even more for new racket.