My passion about badminton (Part II)

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Ivan Law, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Ivan Law

Ivan Law New Member

Both physiotherapist and orthopaedic doctor couldn’t answer my query: “I didn’t feel the pain! Why is that?”. Anyway, the fact of biceps tendon teared at the shoulder was crystal clear. I was told that I would have lost some strength in my right arm. No choice but I had to stop playing badminton for an uncertain period of time starting from Aug 2014. “Oh ... no”. Pain was not necessary in wound. Beloved badminton memories sealed in heart.

Apart from the weekly treatment from a physiotherapist, I started running to keep my physical body active. It also had a special meaning for me, to dilute my emotional and mental sorrow of not able to play badminton. Running was like a medicine to me both physically and mentally. It worked to relieve stress in my daily life and let my brain vacuum. I kept the beat. Breathing was the same. Sweating was the same too. But can I forget badminton? No. I tried hard to minimize the impact of not thinking of it but in vain. It still filled up my mind.

Teammates were surprised at my strength when I returned to the court in early 2015. My smash was still a heavy smash. To be honest, I was a bit surprised too. I kept telling myself not to swing in full power but my blood, my passion and my mind were disconnected. My sword hit on the shuttlecock enlightening my spirit. On court, I found myself.

Passion on playing badminton is one thing that I cannot control. I am not an electric light. Switch off. Period. When I am in love with it, it enters my life.