my opinion on Camilla Martin's loss

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / German Open 2004' started by fanyu417, Oct 12, 2004.

1. fanyu417

fanyu417 Regular Member

was there anyone wondering how come the best 3 chinese girls didn't play this event? they are zhang ning, zhou mi, gong yu na, as some of you know, zhang ning just got married last wk and one reason is that zhou and gong all went to the wedding celerbrate. however, i think they also chose not to go this event, cuz they all know it would camilla martin's last tournament. and martin can't beat any of them at the moment, why not just leave her with her crowd in her country and let her have her last glory? i can't confirm that's another reason they didn't go, but it's just my 2 cents.

xie xingfang.......what can i say, nobody expected she would leave martin with a 0 on her last ever match. sad, very sad, maybe xie pushed too far, i would never do that to anyone if i know it will be his/her last game. come on, at least let her have 7 or 8 points, what's the big deal anyway? maybe it's because xie doesn't have the chance to play in the international tournaments, she usually goes with the team as back up, but rarelly play, eaither in sudiman cup or some other big tournament. so she went all the way? but i feel really bad to see that 0, really reall sad.

bye, Camilla Martin, we will always remember the glory you had when you beat all chinese girl in 2002 all england open. you will always be the badminton queen in my heart.

competation will lose its meaning when there is more competing. maybe only mia is the only one close to chinese's level, the korean ladies will be too old to compete soon. what's the point to play and train of the chinese girls? they will win all the games without training..........Sign...............

btw, the game between martin and zhang ning maybe is the most valuable game to watch and keep at the moment. her last smile.....

2. karramella

karramella Regular Member

student*sigh* unfortunately
    well imo no matter wat the circumstance is u should always play your best. i mean wouldn't you rather lose against someone when they're playing they're best rather than gain a few pity points??adn who did zhang ning get married to?? got pics?:confused:

3. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    NO WAY that could be a reason!

how COUld you say that? i would strongly believe that camilla wouldn't have wanted to gain the "7 or 8 points" that aren't duly hers , much less sympathy points from xie xf.

I SAY! that's a silly theory.

i know the koreans have promising youngsters in their team. don't be so pessimistic about the future of badminton. and by saying 'they will win games without training' is like an insult to the ladies players from the other countries.

4. laughable c.

don't know his name. but he's got this business-man look about him. they have a thread regarding their marriage in this forum. the thread is something along the lines of: Zhang ning gets married...

and take my word for it; the pics are terrific

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    just to clarify, although Xie don't get to play a lot in the team events, she does play most of the individual tournaments, which outnumber the team tournaments by a large amount.

as for why Xie played all out, i think she is doing what all competitors are supposed to do. even the great JR tells us that he always play 100% regardless of whom the opponent is. another poster stated that Camilla ran out of steam in the 2nd game. even her own words says she doesn't expect to get so far in the tournament. it was to be her last match, perhaps she was already happy inside and the score no longer matter.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i dont think CM wanted any sympathy points. Badminton fans know what she was capable of. She is respected player in her own right. Beside, the audience don't want to see a fixed match either. To me, getting sympathy points is worst than losing honestly 11-0 last game.

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Camilla completely stepped down in training after the Olympics (possibly before, even). She just wasn't motivated anymore, and without motivation and full training, how could she do better? I think she did better than expected, considering the circumstances.

8. other

other Regular Member

Student

what's the point to play and train?....well if they don't play, they even i can beat them...and if they don't train, they will probably be out of a job. this is their career...i don't think it bothers them too much if the competition is a little way behind them (if that is the case)

9. fanyu417

fanyu417 Regular Member

when was last non-chinese girl win a tournament that is 2 * and above?

i didn't mean to offend anyone or any player, but to me, after martin retired, only mia vs chinese girls games worth watching. rest of the matches, we already know the results, don't we?

for people reading this post, i bet all of you have been playing badminton for some time, would you still play against someone way below your level? would you still enjoy that kind match? play or watch?

play someone better or around your level is a very pleasure and joyful thing, i trully enjoy playing badminton like that. play someone way beyond or below my level is a torture to me, all i want is finish the game quicklly, end my embrassing......

at last, zhang ning married to a badminton coach who coaches chinese #2 team, there are 2 national teams, #1 teams are top players, #2 are the back ups and hope for future.
    here is a pic for the wedding
    http://news.sina.com.cn/o/2004-10-09/09253861192s.shtml
    it's everywhere in chinese sport news

ji xin peng, the MS gold medalist of Sydney is getting married to, here is a pic that he is in chinese custom ready to marry
    http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/o/p/2004-10-13/U344P6T12D1192800F44DT20041013214612.gif

10. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Dutch Open two weeks ago. Last 5* was Japan Open.

11. fanyu417

fanyu417 Regular Member

pi hongyan is chinese borned, chinese trained player, even though she plays for French, so is yao jie. i still consider them as chinese.

which yr's japan open are you talking about? i know martin won 2002's

12. yclin

yclin Regular Member

Mia Audina is 2004 Japan Open WS champion. :D

But after Camilla retired, it seems that only Mia and Jun from Korea are competitive with Chinese-born WS players. :(

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    well if the china women team dont want to start losing to their french, dutch, and hong kong counterparts they had better keep on training :rolleyes:

plus does anyone knows how long has;
    1) Yao Jie has been with the dutch team... and since what age?
    2) Pi Hongyan has been with the french team... and since what age?
    3) Wang Chen has been with the hong kong team... and since what age? (or is she really from HK? :confused: )

thanks

14. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Wang Chen started to represent HK in about 1999. Since She's born in 1976, that means since has been representing HK since about 23.

15. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Two years (since 2002), before that she was in Denmark.

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't see any logic here: In any tourny, there are the final champion and always some "laugh stock". However, i respect them all, as they trained so hard to even reach the tourny lvl. The final result might be one sided, but does not mean the winning side always pull out in the match in 2 sec.

In any well organized tourny, the favorite might always get some each matches in the earlier round. Regardless how much effort s/he spend, s/he needs to play to prove s/he deserve the top seed. If s/he dare to fooling around, or just caught a bad day, s/he still have chance to lose, and the dark horse will pump fist at the end.

For your own play/practice experience, I just don't even want to read about it. If everyone follow ur example, there will be no game at all:

1. You need 2 identical person to play, and never have one have a good day or a bad day. Otherwise, there's "gap".

2. You want to play with better players, but let me ask, if everyone all do what u do, why the better ones should play with you then???

3. And I can say, I enjoy the game with ppl who are lower in skill lvl. Why? That's the time you can feel free to try out the new strokes, new strategies, without worry too much about the result. Also, I would like to help other to improve, because i was (and compare to a lot of ppl here, I am still) that lvl. I know how suffer I could be, and I know how lucky I was when some nice ppl willing to teach / demo me some correct technique.

4. Badminton as a sport (and same as other sports) are not as simple as a thunderous smash, or a 5 min rally, or a diving save, or 5 hrs teeth-to-teeth fight, or whatever result. It's a sport. We need sportsmanship, and need to respect each other, regardless the skill lvl.

If any word is kinda offensive, please accept my early apology. I just don't see any point in this post... :(

#16 LazyBuddy, Oct 15, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  17. laughable c.

:D :D isn't that a bit contradictory?:p