My God I am speechless.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by badders2006, May 14, 2010.

1. julianng

julianng Regular Member

LOL, good one !

2. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    I guess if you win the Thomas Cup, you get a shopping spree! I can't think of another reason why LIN DAN was moving so fast and throwing away his clothes!!!

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Watched the 2nd half of the 2nd game. During that 10 mins my impression is that LD played normally (better than BAC of course, but far away from OG08 form), while LCW sucked.

4. jin_frank

jin_frank New Member

LCW come on!!

it is obvious that LCW, even the whole Malaysia team, takes too much pressure in the matches. LCW is definitely still the first class player in the world.

LCW, come on!! Hope you can stand up from the failure, be confident in the matches. Without you, the badminton sports will be less attractive, and LD will feel lonely...

5. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

LD is simply the best, better than all the rest, better than anyone, Lin Dan, You're the BEST!

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Dude where were you when everyone was commenting on how China's wall is crumbling?
    And China MS is in decline whilst others are catching up la?

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yeah,i've been waiting for the day of china's great wall fell down really.Waited for 3 years or so already.But looking at their performance as in team,they're just better then the other countries.And for MS,ever since after LCW's defeat in OG08,i just knew that LCW will have a tremendous mind attack when facing LD in the future matches.He won't be able to play as well as when he played with others.All we can hope for to beat LD,to be honest,in my mind,is not LCW.More like the unknown good new young players.Unknown to LD.

8. bomber

bomber Regular Member

that's what i wanted to say, how could somebody say that LD is the best badminton player ever? ....should remove the word "ever"...:)

9. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

In a few years after LD retires the sports of badminton will go down a notch. Most top-class players of this generation have emerged in their youth (Gade/Taufik/LD to some extent and I dont see anyone from 18-24 remotely close to what those players were at that age...

Jorgensen/Tago/CL have had their moments but have been a total disappointment ever since and WS is so dominated by Chinese youngsters that no country even has anything remotely close (after Tina retires, Neiwal and Yulianti will barely beat one of the gazillion Chinese WS here and there).

Than god there is LYD in MDs but he needs decent partners!

As for LCW, hes good and all but what will he be remembered for? To this point his ONE single AE title like a certain guy his own countrymen call yo-yo? This guy is certainly discouraged, he trained so hard to change his game and add some offense. The same very offense that allowed him to destroy so many opponents was countered so efficiently by LD. By using such offensive tactics he limited his defensive game that made it even easier for LD to find holes not to mention that without confidence he'll never win anything at the net. LCW is no youngster, hes only gonna get slower at time goes by and he knows it...

Smichz is right to say China will rule badminton like they rule table tennis and when that happens... it wont be fun no more...

10. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Lol such a noise after ONE match...
    For sure Ld played well today,etc but you guys said a month ago at AE that he was finished, about to retire, no motivation to continue, all that....
    :confused:

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I will still think badminton will be great to watch even if it is dominated by china. If competition is fierce amongst chineese players it will be great games to watch.. And We can always enjoy Europen Championships etc. for the best "non chinese" players :)

/Twobeer

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

The 3 players above are hall of famers, prodigy of this game and among the best their nations have produced. As for LD, probably the best player CHN has ever produced in terms of achievement (I still think difficult to compare different eras) and I can't see in my lifetime any CHN player can top him.
    As for CHN ruling badminton like TT, it looks like that will happen with the rest of the world so far behind esp in ladies side. First the ping pong was made bigger (slow down CHN), then superglue was banned, and still CHN won all 5 OLY golds. But if you follow TT as I do, CHN TT is a leaque of her own, contrary to what you say, I think it is lots of fun and excitement, there is no love lost and fierce competition in women and men play. Honestly, CHN playing anyone from the rest of world is actually boring, the disparity is so obvious and painful to watch. CHN against CHN in TT is incredible performance.

Exactly. The top 5 CHN men and women players playing against each other, we cannot predict who will win, anyone can beat the other, it is that competitive and imagine picking 3 players to represent CHN in OLY, I cannot even begin to imagine the tension, mental toughness and pressure facing these players, little wonder when these players play against the world, that is easy meat, a piece of cake compared to internal competition in CHN.

13. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

TT is different, Wang LiQin vs Ma Lin is the WC a few years back was sublime (when WLQ made his comeback) but the problem is in TT, the only players able to beat CHN players are from CHN

badminton... when was the last time you saw an epic game between 2 CHN players? maybe some WS

i personally stopped following WS, when it's all CHN from semis on... it gets kinda lame =(

im a huge CHN fan (being Chinese myself) but i really wish some superstars can come out from somewhere (hopefully INA style) and challenge CHN (and hopefully lose lol)

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Actually, I think most ordinary folks will not know the name of the TOP TT players but they are sure from CHINA... contrary to Tennis... Federer, Nadal... Golf... tiger... 100m... Bolt...

China Dominance in TT has resulted in their players being UNKNOWN and CHINA as a nation become the SUPER POWER of TT...

I prefer, Badminton become like Tennis o Golf... which no nation has dominate it like China in TT..

But apart from Lin Dan who is SUPER... the rest of CHINA team are STRONG but beatable...

15. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

Sweden used to dominate TT, but thats long gone history

16. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

I think it is pretty much safe to say that LCW will not be winning any World Championship title and the upcoming Asian Games.

I think I mention this before. What is the point of training to peak physical fitness only to blunder mentally. LCW need to spend less in time in training and more time is psycological classes.

17. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

well once peter gade retires most people including myself will be less interested in watching/following european players. Gade's strokes and movement are so smooth and deceptive that translate into fun and exciting games to watch. its sad that currently there is no one ready to take his place.

i think the same can be said about taufik and indonesia.

18. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

mental cant always be trained... LCW has grown up defending and it pretty much works vs anyone cept LD...

personality is also a big thing... in this aspect LCW will never come even close to LD

19. engkh1

engkh1 Regular Member

clerk
    smichz,

it is just like asking usian bolt to run slower so that his rivals can catch up with him. is that possible?? the onus is on others to train harder, not asking the champion to slow down.

20. sebaz

sebaz Regular Member

Student
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#60 sebaz, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010