MVP CUP Euro vs Asia Day 1

Discussion in 'MVP Cup 2005' started by ants, Jul 12, 2005.

1. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Hey Ants while these guys were playing on the first day where were Lin Dan and the others?were they watching the match too?Dont forget the pics!

2. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    this is a 'friendly' match isn't it? no ranking points for winning? just a bit of a show. i'm surprised robertson was yellow carded tho - he always does that - it's almost a habit.

i wouldn't worry how the players play - or who wins to be honest. Nathan is a known showman, his whole game revolves around his innate talent, racquet-craft and deception. his raw power isn't what it used to be, but can be used to devastating effect - and he certainly isn't as fit as some of the players on the circuit.

but i think this series is all about the show. and it sounds like they're putting a good one on :)

3. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i wasn't trying to make a big deal of kk/chongming's playing. i was only reminded of their performance in the recent malaysian open when i saw their match last night, and thus commented. whether it is a friendly match or otherwise does not mean the players shouldn't play seriously, does it?

4. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    well of course they should play seriously - and i'm sure they're still trying to win, but i'm also sure that since it is a 'friendly' players will try more extravagant, lower percentage shots, that they wouldn't try in a truly competitve match..

plus - all of them need to save their best for the WC - not long to go now! less than 5 weeks?

5. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

i watched the game through net TV, the quality was not good enough,screen was blurred and could be paused anytime:(
    but i was lucky to see the taufik compared with some taufik's fans who can't connect the net successfully.
    maybe anyone can post taufik's pic in this game?:)

6. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant

Our friend was the one who caught Nathan Robertson's racquet. :D We had fun passing it around. Of course it was a thrill since, like what you said, it's not everyday you catch or even touch a world #1 player's racquet (it must be like catching Harry Potter's wand, or catching Michael Jordan's shoes or basketball).

7. badshotbaby

badshotbaby Regular Member

But Robertson often rubs the shuttle on his strings before serving.:confused: I've watched in previous tourneys, and this is the only time I've seen him get yellow-carded for it.

8. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    yes they are watching the games and giving support...i saw taufik and lin dan raised their hands and shouted after a long rally is won by the asian mens doubles in day 1