Muscle Power Frame

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Dec 7, 2000.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I used to use a Ti-10 but i wasn't use to it so i switched back to my old Carbonex rackets. I was just wondering, does any of you Ti-10 users out there know what the Muscle Power Frame is supposed to improve the racket?

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I found racquets with Muscle Power frame can generate more power. So far, I've used Ti-10 and MP-100 (will try my new Cab 23 very soon, I finally bought one Carbonex racquet after reading messages from all the Cab's friends in this forum)., they both generate very much power in smash.

In addition, according to Yonex, Muscle Power frame should be able to sustain with higher string tension.

3. Chris

Chris Guest

I am glad that there will be someone to share on Cab23. I too was considering getting one vs Cab 22. Would appreciate your valuable comments on the performance of Cab23.
    By the way could you share on the type of strings and tension used?
    Thanks.

4. justin

justin Guest

I love muscle power frame, it works. My oponent can feel more power shots from me with Ti10. I bought a Ti7 with the same frame. It feels great as well. You might need to adjust the string tension to get the best from Ti10.

I am considering a Carb23 for the frame plus high durability, I hope. BTW, I saw a picture of Carb, does not look like muscle frame at all.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Well the Carbonex 23 is supposed to be just the Carbonex version of the Ti-10. Its a really good racket, for me it is. Because i can't play with Isometrics so well. Whenever i use the Carb 23 i feel that the smashes i get are powerful but only as good as other carb rackets. Don't know... Maybe my 22lbs tension isn't tight enough.

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    RE: Cab 23 vs Cab 22

Chris, I've just used my Cab 23 once tonight and used a Cab 22 once before, so I may not be able to give a very comprehensive review of these racquets. However as I found that you are so interest in knowing more about Cab 23 (as far as I remember, you have posted questions on Cab 23 a number of times).

There is one word to summarize my feeling on Cab 23 - "powerful". I'm not sure whether it is due to the Muscle Power frame, but it does generate more power in smash than Cab 22. Regarding stiffness, both racquets are more or less the same.

I believe both racquets weight equally but I felt the Cab 22 is lighter, it is probably because the weight for Cab 23 is more towards its head (it is probably one of the reason why it generates more power).

On the control side, I really can't give too much comment as I personnally feel more handy with Isometric head shape. The Cab 22 I tried was strung with BG-75 Ti at 24 lbs - which I found a bit too high and I seems that it loose some control because of this. My Cab 23 was strung with BG-85 at 24 lbs, and I found this excellent for me (BG-85 at 24 lbs is my favorite). As a preliminary feeling, the ease of control of these racquets are similar to racquets like MP-100 and Ti-8 (which having better control than racquets like Ti-10).

So, if you want me to choose, I will opt for Cab 23 as I like more powerful racquet. If you prefer a "quicker" racquet, Cab 22 is probably better.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

i have one cab22. and i think it is a really really light headed racket. so light headed i have trouble controlling it. i am pretty sure now, i definitely like racket with CG closer to the racket head, i like the 900SR and iso600. both are head heavy. i actually like the cab22's stiffness. anyone want to send me a cab23 so i can try it out? :)

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

Try holding a Ti7. That's slightly lighter than a cab22. But the shaft is a little more flexible than cab22.

Does a stiffer shaft make the racquet feel lighter?

9. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT

Cab 23 is really worth a try if you are looking for a "heavy head Cab 22", even though I can't send mine to you. -:)

10. Chris

Chris Guest

Hey Ricky and Gangs,

Thank you guys for the feedbacks on Cab23 and Cab22 as well.

Currently, I am using a Cab9 and my style of play is more of drop-shots and drives and rally as well. Therefore was sourcing for a racket with more control and power as the Cab9 do lack in both these areas. Was in this forum that both Cab23 and 22 were given good reviews which had kind of help me in my future purchase.

Any further comments will be appreciated.

By the way, keep up the good works !!!