Muhd Fazriq Razif

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by shooting stroke, Mar 24, 2018.

1. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    [​IMG]

Fazriq with his uncle, Datuk Misbun Sidek (right) and his father, Datuk Razif Sidek (left) when he visited his uncle house.

School : Form 3, SK Kota Damansara
    Father : Datuk Razif Dato Sidek

Achievements:

National Sport School Council (Mssm) U12 doubles champion (with justin hoh)

2017 National Junior Circuit GP singles champion U 14

U15 Asian Junior doubles champion (with zhen yi)

2018 Mssm U15 singles champion

2018 Mssm U15 doubles champion

The grandson of the late Dato Sidek should be proud of himself when he bagged both U15 titles yesterday in port dickson in the just concluded Mssm championship. His uncle Datuk Misbun, has always been the inspiration to him as he always visited his house ( where the great Datuk Lee Chong Wei also use as a his training place), to seek advice and tips.

He indeed needs to do well as he wants to prove himself worthy to be selected by the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) selecton commitee as his ticket to represent Msia in the Asian and World Junior championship in this next 2 years.

IMHO, fazriq is one interesting potential talent that needs to be watch out this next few coming years. Hopefully he is groomed in a right way and doesnt flop like Msia both former Asian junior single champion ie Zulfadli and Arif. Well Fazriq my advice...... Train hard and always seek advice from both your father and uncles ( ....in fact all your uncles are Msia badminton legends i. e Rashid, Jalani..... How cool that can be.... :):):)

Good luck little brother and my pray is always with you

SS

#1 shooting stroke, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    BadAtGoodminton likes this.
  2. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

living surrounding with Malaysian badminton legends :D

shooting stroke likes this.
  3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

wow.. used to watch him play at vision badminton academy. He was short and chubby.....(of course he was short.. he was only @ 5 or 6 at the time)

shooting stroke likes this.
  4. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

so this kid is suitable for single or double play?

5. shooting stroke

He is a more a single type of player but still equally good in doubles.

6. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Definitely one of the most promising MD junior right now. Heard he is good in MS too. I just hope they will prepare him through the senior years and not only junior.

ownz.uno and shooting stroke like this.
  7. shooting stroke

Dual role suits versatile Fazriq fine for the time being

[​IMG]
    KUALA LUMPUR: To be like Taufik Hidayat or Datuk Razif Sidek?

That is the question shuttler Muhd Fazriq Razif (pic) has to answer someday but for now, the 15-year-old is not only enjoying the singles and doubles events played by his idols but he’s doing well too.

Yesterday, the youngest son of Razif emerged as the singles champion in the Under-15 Shonai Invitational in Japan.

The Bukit Jalil Sports School Form Three student lived up to his top billing when he defeated second seed Alex Lanier of France 21-16, 21-10.

Another Malaysian, Lee Xin Jie, failed to qualify for the girls’ singles quarter-finals after losing to Indonesian Mutiara Ayu Puspitasari.

Fazriq was overjoyed to lift his first singles international title.

He had won the Under-15 doubles title when he partnered Zhen Yi at the Badminton Asia Under-17 and Under-15 Junior tournament in Yangon, Myanmar last year.

He had also come out tops in both events at the National Schools (MSSM) badminton competition in Port Dickson last year.

“My father and Taufik are my idols. I also look up to (Lee) Chong Wei. I will focus on doing well in both events,” he said.

Fazriq, who picked up the sport when he was six, said he now wants to make a name for himself.

“I’ll have to work on my skills and techniques and most importantly, I need to get as much international exposure as I can,” added Fazriq, who thanked all parties for their support towards his dream of being a world-beater just like his dad, who won the Thomas Cup and All-England titles with his uncle, Jalani Sidek

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/ba...-fine-for-the-time-being/#f2qMfelaHPfdY8ED.99

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All i can say little one is that train hard and continue to make us proud. When it seems you're facing a wall in your quest to improve, besides your dad, you have many uncles that you can seek advice from. Good luck

CIA-99 likes this.
  8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com