MP55 vs. Iso 500 SP

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by deadkenny, Aug 21, 2001.

1. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Any opinions on how the MP55 compares to the Iso 500 SP? I had decided on the 500, but now it appears to be discontinued and it will be difficult / more expensive to obtain. The MP55 is the same price as the 500 was at the store I checked. Thanks.

2. joseph

joseph Guest

mp55 is more powerful and has better control and more durable than iso500, but a lot less maneuveable. it's an exellent racquet for that price.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'm not sure how the Iso 500 performs, i never tried it. However, the MP55 can be a great racket for its price. It takes a while to get used to coz its head is much heavier that alot of your regular rackets, yes even the Ti-10!

The MP55 is also hard to find here in Singapore. I bought mine when i was in Thailand on holiday. Anyhow, good luck with your choice! and happy shopping!

4. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    you can find iso 500 at badmintnopage.com for 120 canadian

5. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    mp55 is a nice durable racquet. i figure it will be more durable than the swing power because i've seen and heard of many broken swing powers, yet my mp77 is holding up very well. mp55 may not have the ultimum shaft, but it still has mp frame making it quite head heavy. if you like that kind of thing, this racquet will help you generate quite a good amount of power.

6. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Well, I finally went with the 500SP Long, the SX model. Unfortunately I couldn't get it at Yo's and it was a bit more expensive than I'd hope after getting it strung. But I wasn't sure about the MP. I think this racquet will be a better transitional racquet from the Iso 80 Lt I was using. Maybe at some point I'll get into the MP line, but not sure the 55 is the best choice. Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying it out with the new season. Thanks again to everyone who helped, I really appreciate it. :)