MP100 vs AS-1

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ARCH4NGEL, Aug 11, 2001.

1. ARCH4NGEL

ARCH4NGEL Guest

Which one is the best? for offensive player

2. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    You mean Singles or Doubles ?

I've never tried the AS-1. But for me the MP-100 is almost a 'do everything' racket. Its good for defence as its very firm with shots returns though the weight may be a issue for reflexe speed to most people.

It has excellent power. Probably second only to the Ti-10 of all the rackets I've had the chance to try. ANd control, touch is excellent too. But aren't there reviews of it in the reviews section?

3. Pete

Pete Guest

Never tried out MP100 but I do have own the AS-1 and AS-Ti. AS-Ti is an extremely offensive racquet (head heavy bias)! AS-1 is more of an all rounded racquet (less head heavy bias than the AS-Ti). I haven't had the chance to measure the balance yet. I can also imagine the MP100 as a more forgiving racquet given its Isometric head -- the oval-head design requires much more concentration from the shuttler. Off centre hit is not an option for oval racquets.

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

i totally agree with Pete. I think the As 1 is a very good slightly head biased all round racket.

I would say that teh Mp 100 packs more punch.

But plp say that Mp 100 crack easily. SO i guess u have to find out abt that.

Best of luck!

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've both racquets. I think MP100 is more powerful among the two, even though both are offensive racquets.

On the other hand, I personally find these two racquets quite different, i.e. if you normally play with Yonex Isometric long racquet, you may not feel at home with Carlton or vice versa.

6. Scooby

Scooby Guest

I totally agree with Ricky on his statements. I have a AS-Ti and a MP100, and they are so different.

As I am used to the MP100, it is very difficult for me to use the AS-Ti. It is a very good racquet, but I feel that the sweetspot is smaller, and it is not so forgiving.