Monday night at Armadale (Markham)

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Nuclear, Feb 19, 2006.

1. dangerousfob

dangerousfob Regular Member

new to this forum... wish i found it earlier!...
    ever since i moved to toronto for university ... stopped playing badminton... :(

soo i probably suck right now but would really like to get back into it... didnt want to go through the whole forum.. but its $4 drop in?

just need a non-pro place to play some baddy for fun.. :D

2. txtmodluke

txtmodluke Regular Member

this is the place where you could play with great players like Nuclear! hehehe am i right nuclear? :p

3. CrazyChinaman

CrazyChinaman Regular Member

is anyone goin tonite?!

4. ibaniski

ibaniski Regular Member

student
    Thanks for your responses Nuclear and chessymonkey... I decided to give it a try and I'll be there tonight. Hopefully I'll find a good game @ my level to play :).

Cheers,
    ib

5. CrazyChinaman

ok...no offence..mb u guys didnt show up...but not gonna waste my time at armadale anymore....waste of my time...no challenge

6. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Wahhh..........so cocky :p Comon man, badminton is a friendly sport, no need to get all spazzy cause no one was as high calibre as you :rolleyes:.

7. LolAlan

LolAlan Regular Member

Student

I'll invite you to my condo next time if you think you're so good ;) .

8. CrazyChinaman

sorry no offence..its just at the beginning of this forum...Nuclear was complaining about wantin a challange..i toook the time out of studyin...to come and give him tht challange...but unfortunately..i was discouraged:(...anywayz...its a nice place to play..but TOO many ppl..hate the feelin of havin to switch on and off

9. Tenzo_R

Tenzo_R Regular Member

alan u are so armhouse...hahahaha.....yeah armadale is too pack ... i have a new place where no body plays....if u want more infor...u can just post a reply...to lazy to type if no one wants it....

10. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    thought i did mesg u to pm us before hand to see if we'r all gonna be there or not cos Armadale is merely a drop in place. And Nuclear made that "looking for challenge" remark a while back..
    which yah he found us.. and we r starting to have alternatives choices of place to play thats why i mesged u and say pm us first then maybe we can setup something.. LolAlan's place got a kick ass court as well and we've be liking there a lot.
    So all we need is jsut alittle more communication

11. Nuclear

Nuclear Regular Member

Electronic Repair
    Sorry guys, didn't show up. Reason being that it's getting too packed at Armadale lately. Even packed on Mondays. As for competition, we kinda picked all the good players and formed a private club. Like lolAlan said, private message him if you think you're high calibur and you're welcome to join us for a match.

12. shosan88

shosan88 Regular Member

not sure if you guys ever go on sundays but everytime i've gone i don't see any high calibre players. For a recreational club its fun, but quite a bit of trash talking there for no one that can back it up from what i've seen or played. Maybe you guys should start playing some provincial or national tournies seeing the calibre of players and remarks i'm hearing.

13. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    lol.. hold it rite there, don't think we ever did mention we'r any uber hardcore players..we just happen have bump into each other thats close in terms of skill lvl and bottom line is we'r having major fun together so far. IF we r anywhere near Provincial and Nationals levels.. wouldn't i have a place to train 5 times a week already and who gives a damn to a drop in place like Armadale.
    Maybe someday we'll run into each other and hopefully u would find us challenging enough to put up a fight.
    Seriously if u r that desperate for a tuff challenge, you should look elsewere into some more developed club like leesmandarinGbrown, i'm sure u can find high end games there. Armadale is a drop in place for fun badminton.. so don't come back sayin u didn't see any good players there.
    ** besides, that place is getting packed and i myself haven't been there for a while already ** as mentioned earlier PM us if u wanna meet up, i'm sure something can be arranged, thats exactly how i get to meet these few other BCer in the first place.

14. Nuclear

Nuclear Regular Member

Electronic Repair
    Shosan88, who's doing the trash talking? I think you are. I go there on Sundays and I don't think we've met on the same court. No where in any of the posts did anyone say that "we're provincial or national players calibur". I started this tread to call our "friendly" competition and I'm so glad I did so. In the past couple of months I've found a handful of guys who love this sport as much as I do. We've had so much fun on the court and much more to talk about when we're off the courts. If you're looking for friendly competition COME. If you're looking for trash talking buddies please do me a favor, don't pack the place any more than it already is.

15. Nuclear

Nuclear Regular Member

Electronic Repair
    CC, you must by a crazy chinaman to write this junk. Ok here we go. March 8th, you said you'd come by on the 13th. On the 13th, you hurt your foot so you can't come. On the 15th you said you'll come NEXT monday. Guess what, you didn't make it AGAIN because you were at Kingston and can't get back in time. Did you show on April 6th, April 9th? Finally you show up on April 10th (Monday) and complain about no competition. If you had read my post earlier on April 7th you'll know why we didn't show up "IT'S PACKED ON MONDAYS NOW!". It's not our fault you didn't show up all this time.... Do you know how many times the other fellow members are asking "hey, where's Crazychinaman...could that guy there by Crazychinaman......Did Crazychinaman show up today?.." If there's anyone that's discouraged, it's us guys who's been waiting for you all this time.

16. LolAlan

LolAlan Regular Member

Student
    yea i understand...we waited for you several times before but you couldn't make it. Anyway it would have been better for your i'm sure if we showed up. I can completely understand if you felt there were too many people or if the level is generally low there.

17. CrazyChinaman

wateva...sayin sorry and all tht isnt gonna change the way u think of me at this point...and the previous days in april..i did come...i got there 5 minute b4...but i neva knew u had to b there half an hour b4 in order to get in...everytime i went..it was already full...so y wuld i bother just stayin against the window prayin for sumone to leave at tht point?! wateva...not gonna ever go bak

18. Nuclear

Nuclear Regular Member

Electronic Repair
    "Thanks txtmodluke, I should be there on Thursday. It's busy on Thursday so be there by 8:35 to line up."

CC, why do you think I told txtmodluke to show up 25 minutes early? I kept on stressing how busy it's getting lately and to come early if you guys want to play.

19. Nuclear

Nuclear Regular Member

Electronic Repair
    CC, lets forget about all the other things that went wrong....The whole purpose of this thread was for us all to get together and have some good old badminton fun. So far we've found a small group of guys and we're having a great time getting together. We're watching badminton video's together, talking about techniques, trying out new things on the court etc..... How about you pm me to let me know how your schedule is like and we'll all meet up next time and have a fresh start.

20. shosan88

shosan88 Regular Member

i'm not sure if you guys read my post but in no sense am i trash talking. i am aware of that armadale is a recreational facility and so i go there for that very same reason. if i didn't enjoy going there i wouldn't. also i think u should read my post carefully and don't jump the gun. I assume if you call yourself high calibre and i quote "high calibur and you're welcome to join us for a match..." then would that not mean your playing tournaments and so forth. anyways, i'm not here to trash anyone as most of the guys there seem pretty cool, but maybe you should broaden your badminton scope and your attitude on court. so far the response i'm getting is that its arrogant for me to say this, but are you not in the same boat as me, i quote again "Couldn't find any REAL competition..." if then it is a recreational facility i don't see how i could be the one trash talking. maybe you should take a step back.