Mohd Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Licin, Aug 31, 2012.

1. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

lol. ya, i was just kidding about the dinner timing ;)

2. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

wade likes this.
  3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Originally , I think Ahsan isnt too happy losing to Korea youngsters lol. But they arent young anymore and they arent expected to win the title other than they are super consistent.

They could actually have lost yesterday anyway when Hendra is serving really bad and today Ahsan looked like he cant control his emotion which is rare and therefore played badly.

I think they will take it better had they to lost top 4 like Minions LiLiu Kamson.

4. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

1. Ahsan is not happy because he made many errors, hence he is not happy with himself.
    2. this is the first time both pairs play each other, hence there is not bad history.
    3. youngsters... with the Daddies being in their 30s, almost every opponents are younger than them.
    4. i think they are the favourites on paper to win the final, because they are more consistent, have a higher ranking, and do not have any major injury issue (perhaps they will win it if they play with 3 and 1/2 legs like what Steen jokingly said).
    5. Ahsan can't control his emotion and therefore played badly... shouldn't it be 'Ahsan played badly and then can't control his emotion, which led him to make more mistakes.'?
    6. they will be fine, thank you, and it does not matter whom they lose to. they have lost in bigger stages (eg Thomas Cup). as a professional, they will have the heart and courage to come back from any setback.
    7. lastly, the Daddies will not feel worse but this korean pair is not that weak after all. disagree?

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

yeah, the way you said no 5 was right. He just lashed at everything after awhile.

and no.7 , they accept it after awhile, after the podium.. well during the end looks like Ahsan more frustrated than hendra. Hendra is just always as cool as ice whether he win or loss lol.

6. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

haha. whatever lar, if you think he was doing that, then so be it. feeling of disappointment was certain but they have seen and experienced almost everything, so no worry.

a good thing they finally met this pair. you wouldn't want to have the first meeting in the Olympic (exclude WC since i doubt they will play in the 2021 edition).

7. wade

wade Regular Member

So many uncharacteristic error from ahsan since the middle of the second game, it got worse in the third game (he made like 5-6 unforced errors at the front court alone). no worries though, I think the koreans played well since they were down 4-7 in the second game but the reason they lost was more because ahsan having a bad day, next time they'll get them no doubt.

8. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

ya, could be the Korean excellent defending getting to him. it's been 3 years since he met strong Korean resistance (LYD/YYS). lol

9. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Endo/yuta played much better defense at the new zealand open final earlier this year and it didn't really bother ahsan :D

10. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

hmm, there are several net kills missed by both Setiawan and Ahsan yesterday. perhaps the outcome will be different then.
    anyway the match is over, so look forward to their next outing.

11. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Perhaps he has difficulty sleeping in hotel with all the protests and riots that's happening :D.On side note, Ahsan always looks sleep depraved to me. He seems to always has those very visible bags under his eyes.

12. Swas44

Swas44 Regular Member

Hendra Setiawan is in the same team as Chirag Shetty in the Premier Badminton League in India to be held in Jan.

It will be interesting to see how the rivals gel together!

13. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

they will be fine. the rivalry is only on the court as opposing team in competition. offcourt the players would be hanging around together. even LD and LCW are friends.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Champion again Daddies

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Congrats to Ahsan/Hendra!

17. wade

wade Regular Member

AE, WC, WTF...they won all the big ones this year, special.

BTW i remember @j4ckie used to criticize ahsan's soft play back then, now he's probably one of the best at it. definitely on par with hendra. like someone said on the other thread, ahsan/hendra "no lob" play are the best in the world.

rhoder likes this.
  18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah they won the SUPER big ones. I d say IO,CO,JO,DO is big ones..but AE WC and the finale (money) is SuperBig ones. Its fine winning any of those.

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Daddies doing it in style. Sexyyy stuff. Best pair in the world by a landslide.

20. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    There are really some parts of the finale, that i just can't believe, how ahsan/setiawan even do stuff that they did, so textbook, yet so extraordinary. Netplay of finest margin, repairing mistakes in crucial situations... It's like, too perfect.
    I think Yuta, as the youngest of the 4, cannot help but smile being in the middle of 3 legends, and have done his best too.

wjsutanto and wade like this.