Mohd Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Licin, Aug 31, 2012.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ahsan/Hendra to withdraw from Korea Open 2019

[​IMG]
    (China Open 2019) Hendra/Ahsan Putuskan Mundur dari Korea Open 2019

(Changzhou, 22/9/2019)

Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan memutuskan untuk mundur di turnamen Korea Open 2019 yang akan berlangsung pekan depan di Incheon, Korea. Hal ini disebabkan karena Ahsan mengalami cedera pada betis kanan dan kirinya saat mengikuti turnamen China Open 2019 BWF World Tour Super 1000.

Walaupun dalam kondisi cedera, namun Hendra/Ahsan meraih hasil yang cukup baik dengan finis di posisi runner up setelah dikalahkan rekan senegara, Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon dengan skor 18-21, 21-17, 15-21.

"Kami bersyukur alhamdulilah bisa sampai final, walaupun kondisi saya begini. Sepertinya sakitnya jadi menjalar dari betis ke paha. Memang begini keadaannya, sehat saja susah lawan mereka, apalagi sakit. Memang Kevin/Marcus juga pemain bagus," kata Ahsan kepada Badmintonindonesia.org.

"Mungkin di game kedua Kevin/Marcus banyak melakukan kesalahan sendiri, jadi kami bisa ambil game kedua," tambah Hendra ketika ditanya soal pertandingan.

"Kami batal ke Korea Open, sudah pasti nggak ikut. Lebih baik Ahsan ke dokter dulu, recovery dan fokus persiapan ke turnamen selanjutnya, ada waktu sekitar tiga mingguan," ungkap Hendra.

Selanjutnya Hendra/Ahsan akan mengikuti turnamen Demark Open 2019 BWF World Tour Super 750 dan French Open 2019 BWF World Tour Super 750 pada Oktober mendatang. (*)

Source : https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/8430

2. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Is Ashan injured again? His right leg was heavily strapped in G3. Saw in highlights and didn't see the match.

Play hard. Train harder.

3. wade

wade Regular Member

He still hasn't recovered 100% coming to denmark open, so I could say that he still slightly injured, still feeling the pain probably.

4. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

he should be ok. i don't think they will want to rush back into action if Ahsan is still unwell. both are over 30 and health should be the no.1 concern, plus presently they are in good stand in the tokyo qualifying race.

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Everytime AhsanHendra makes Final, if there are no Minions, they can win the title (AE & WC), if Minions in Final, they will (willingly) lose.

In the end, the fans are happy. KevinGideon also happy, AhsanHendra also happy can be in Final.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What do you mean by willingly lose? :cool:

7. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

wow, what a statement. suggest you post this at minions thread instead of here.

mohans and wade like this.
  8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Means they played 75-80% of their capability instead of 100%.

They met 4 times in Final, the Japan Final is close. Of course, the ChinaOpen Ahsan is injured. The other 2 is they kinda give up..

9. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

I doubt the Daddies played the final without giving their best, and at 100% effort. If they lost g1, and you felt that they were giving up g2 and the match, it probably could be the gap was too big and yet you don't saw them running hard and diving here and there saving shots.

I wonder why you used the words 'will (willingly) lose'. You are a minions fan, right? So you will accept your theory that minions beat the daddies in these finals because the daddies did not play to 100% and they let the minions win easily?

If you think so lowly of the daddies sportsmanship, then I hope you don't post more messages in this thread. I will think this thread is to share news of the daddies or discussions about their results/playing styles.

wade likes this.
  10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Delusional people will be delusional. Dont take their musings too seriously, it's obvious they don't understand competitive sports.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, playing 80% in 2 of those 4 matches are the fact..some people even wrote less than that.

not sure why some people butt in calling other delusional.. lol.. so off topic trying to attack people at chance viciously it seems.

12. wade

wade Regular Member

Yet another loss to minions, tbh I kinda want them to win it after losing so many times :(

I don't know what tactics they should use anymore, 9th straight loss..is not fun.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Though I don't want minions to lose.. but maybe Ahsan/Hendra would have better chance in slower conditions?
    The problem is with KEvin. He is always super focused and super concentrating when playing against Hendra/Ahsan.

14. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

if people are saying the daddies played 80% of their capability, they could mean in 2 ways...
    1. the minions played too well, that limit the effectiveness/efficiency of the daddies gameplay such that the daddies could only played to 80% of what they will be capable of.
    2. the daddies simply did not give 100%, probably only used 80% effort when they played against the minions.

i'd say the first one will be what the people is referring to.

i'd assume you are playing badminton too. if you have an opponent that counter your style, or quicker than you, or you are simply off form, it is likely you will not be able to play to 100% of your capability. that does not mean you don't give your 100% effort.

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

yeah, fair enough..imo, its both.. 10% giveth 10%taketh. Somethings not right when they play Minions..

16. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    You hit the nail on the head. Couldn't agree more.

Play hard. Train harder.

17. augustas

augustas New Member

I don't want to go into big speculations, but honestly there's something off in their matches against Kevin/Marcus. They are probably the most experienced pair nowadays. They have no problems with pairs Kavin/Marcus have from time to time. They adapt so easy to slow/fast arenas. Yet against Kevin/Marcus you don't see energy in their game. Somehow too passive. And the shot quality... Simple net shot flying straight in to the net or shuttle going wide. And i don't believe other pairs put way way less pressure on them in those situations. Something is off..
    And i am huge fan of Minions, but do not believe they could have this enormous advantage against them.

rhoder likes this.
  18. wade

wade Regular Member

From what I've seen, the advantage that ahsan/hendra usually have against any other pairs, they didn't have it anymore when they play minions. all these creative shots, soft shot to midcourt etc...it's being covered by kevin, not to mention minions can match them or even get the better of them in the flat game. beside, I think tonight was just simply minions night, or should I say kevin's night, I mean how many mistake that he made the whole game ? 4 ? 5 ? very few for his standard.

duchoainguyen likes this.
  19. duchoainguyen

duchoainguyen Regular Member

Ahsan/Hendra style is to control the net and mid court area with clever shot placements not pure speed. They did try to do that but Kevin was way too good at the net, forcing them to lift the shuttle but a lot of them were going out of the back line. They also made quite a few mistake as well so it can't be help. I guess if these two pairs meet again it will still be a short match, it is expected from their playing styles.

20. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

yes, even the minions said they have the advantage of sparring and training with the daddies, hence knowing more about their game than other countries opposition. then you may argue, why fajar/rian lost to the daddies, i'd say because they are not as consistent as the minions.

at this moment, for daddies to win against the minions, maybe many conditions will be required to happen at the same time...a slower kevin or with more mistakes, slower shuttle speed, less mistakes from daddies.

at the end of the day, daddies move another step closer to Tokyo and also in good condition and health. that is the most important.