Mohammad Ahsan/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Nine Tailed Fox, May 13, 2022.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

New Indonesian Pair

Debuted at Thomas Coupe 2022.

The pair just defeated The reigning World Champions in a blockbuster/thriller.

Comment

2. sen

sen Regular Member

They did not just debut. They have played together for their Djarum club for domestic competition a few years ago

I don't think they will continue in other international competition. It is just because Marcus is still recovering that they are paired

Cheung likes this.
  3. Nine Tailed Fox

I think they will continue.

Ahsan is the best possible partner for Kevin Jaya

4. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

Ahsan might be a good partner for Kevin but I don't think Kevin is that good of a partner for Ahsan

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

wade and justiceforlcy like this.
  5. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

I doubt they are gonna split up marcus/kevin, their world number one for no reason and we have no idea how long ahsan wants to keep playing. Marcus/kevin would be looking at Paris olympics.

6. wade

wade Regular Member

Kevin's playing style is too chaotic for ahsan

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  7. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    I think you need to ask Kevin. Mo made most of the mistakes in that final. They also lost to Korean pair in the group. Maulana would be a much better pairing based on their performance against Thais.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Ahsan has rally finishing power. Most of these guys can't finish the point. And this aspect annoys Kevin to Earth's core. I have seen Kevin has a great amount of admiration and respect for Baba Ahsan.

Plus these two together will be pure chaos in the long run as they develop Chemistry on an International level.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Marcus is the last player Kevin wants to share the court with.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Ahsan's style is so animalistic that combined with Kevin's pace, it offers me the most entertainment out of anything from the International tour :D:p

11. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

We're not talking about 25 year old Ahsan. This is mid 30's Ahsan, he doesn't want to play a physical type of style that comes with partnering Kevin. Kevin needs somebody who is young and physical enough to cover the court for his reckless style.

sen and Kikuhito Senshi like this.
  12. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    from (insider) information, Daniel Marthin is the one that Kevin would like to play with (almost made it in Thomas Cup 2020), even that was what coach Herry IP said as well (https://sport.tempo.co/read/1518302...kan-alasan-pasangkan-kevin-dan-daniel-marthin)... But we'll see, all depends on Kevin/Marcus/coach in PBSI/ (and even Yonex as the sponsor of "Minions"? because Yonex choose Minions as the main player for advert) about the future of the Minions...

My guess would be "wait and see" how they perform this year... if they are able to win Asian Games and/or World Championship, then it's quite likely we'll see this number 1 pair in Paris Olympic 2024... if they have some trouble this year than it could be time for the minion to find new pair for 2024 Olympic preparation... It's a bit surprising that INA decided not to try/experiment Kevin with other pair after Tokyo Olympic, because as like China is doing as well, it's a good time experimenting new pairs right after olympic and assessing the progress and performance of this experiment pair... (perhaps Minions is bound to Yonex sponshorship as well thus won't be able to be splitted? who knows)

My personal wish is that they are able to win those two important tournaments, and for Gideon hopefully he'll be able to play like "Ahsan or Setiawan" type of play,,, mixing up the pace, good placement on shuttle, variety of shots, etc... Because age is coming up to Gideon, so need an alternative in their playing style...

But we'll see,,, wishing all the best of course.
    :)

13. sunshinepower01

sunshinepower01 New Member

It's pretty much confirmed in various sources (youtube interview, ig live) that Ahsan will definitely retire after Setiawan is done with badminton. So this pairing, while intriguing, won't happen.