MK/HS: Bright future ahead?

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by ye333, Sep 29, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

what is ngomporin means?:p

2. habsq

habsq Regular Member

Student
    ngomporin = to provoke... but in a funny way :p

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Tabloid Bola reported on Markis Kido's injury and Sigit Pamungkas's comment.

Quotes from the article:
    Kekalahan Kido/Hendra bukan tanpa alasan. Kido mengalami cedera yang cukup serius pada lutut kirinya di turnamen ini.

“Saya mengalami cedera sejak babak awal. Sebenarnya saya siap bersaing di kompetisi ini, tapi fisik tidak mendukung. Jadi inilah yang terbaik yang mampu kami berikan,” ujar Kido.

“Cedera yang dialami Kido memang sudah lama. Tapi, kali ini cederanya kembali kambuh karena kurangnya perawatan rutin dari Kido dan pihak medis,” kata Sigit Pemungkas selaku pelatih ganda putra.

Sigit juga menambahkan, semenjak Olimpiade Beijing 2008 berakhir, perawatan intens terhadap lutut Kido agak berkurang dan cenderung terlupakan.

Padahal, sejak awal pelatih kepala Pelatnas Cipayung, Christian Hadinata, menekankan bahwa perawatan merupakan sesuatu yang wajib dilakukan setiap atlet.

Translation:
    Kido/Hendra's defeat last week was not without a reason. Kido sustained an injury (which is quite serious) to his left leg in this tournament.

"I had this injury from the early round. Actually, I am quite ready to compete in this tourney, but, my physical condition does not permit me. So, this is the best that we can deliver," as stated by Kido.

"The injury which Kido had was an old injury. But this time, the injury flared up again because of the lack of routine medication by Kido and the medic team," as stated by Sigit Pamungkas, the coach of MD.

Sigit added that since the Beijing Olympics 2008, the intensive medication applied to Kido's leg was lessened and became forgotten :eek:

When in fact, the chief coach of Pelatnas Cipayung, Christian Hadinata emphasized on the importance of routine medication for ahtletes.

4. habsq

habsq Regular Member

Student
    Get well soon Kido!

5. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Well, LYD/JJS have mastered Indonesian style very well, but in turn, they've lost their mastery on Malaysian style.

What a price to pay. ;):rolleyes:

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i saw coach Ha was jotting down notes furiously:D

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

u know what?
    the mas pairs reads so well the korean games yesterday although without rexy too;);)
    im quite surprised to see that too:)

8. sari_nov

sari_nov Regular Member

Doctor
    miss their great performance..

hopefully they can get the tittle in KOREA,,

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Dont expect them somuch in this KOREA Open...time for Kido to healhis knee .....

10. kirana

kirana Regular Member

I know Kido is injured, but what I don't understand why they still participate in the Malaysia Open and Korea Open? Shouldn't they withdraw and fully recover first? I'm afraid Kido's injury is getting worse and worse by forcing himself to play.

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Commitment to Yonex and points for SS Final ( not wise thinking).....They should have withdrawn...

12. kirana

kirana Regular Member

What do you mean by commitment to Yonex, I mean what are the consequences if they withdraw? Is there any penalty from Yonex if they withdraw because of injury?? :eek:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^What is the possible penalty for a withdrawal??..^^

..well, if they do penalize the player, most likely Yonex will penalize them in some financial form.
    Although, it seems like it doesn't make sense to penalize a player because of injury, does it??
    But Yonex could counter and say, "it's written in the agreement" and the player should've taken care of his/her health better etc.

14. sari_nov

sari_nov Regular Member

Doctor
    hope they can perform well in all england..

grab the tittle and be the no 1 again in the world..

pray..pray hard..!!

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Phew...it was more of a relief than jubilation as Hendra Setiawan aptly said in the post-match interview after the World and Olympic Champions won their first title of the year in the Happy Suwon Badminton Asia Championships 2009 last week, despite the absence of top 10 pairs.

This year has been a very dramatic and testing period for him and Markis Kido, with Kido still feeling the effects of his injury even till now and that contract saga which nearly cost the pair to split up back in Feb. I am glad that they are still together as a pair. Can they help the INA team reach the Final of the Sudirman Cup and retain the World Championships later this year? We shall await...although I fear it will take more time for Kido's knees to recover fully. 1-2 SS titles (preferably the Singapore and Japan SS which they have yet to win) will be nice.

Special thanks to Hau-Ge for providing me with updates on the last 3 matches as I could only have limited access to the internet last week, with no access at all during the SF and F.

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Kido was still not at his best in Korea. How bad actually is his injury?

I would rather have him concentrate in recovery, hopefully in time to defend the World Championship title. Besides, based on their ranking, Kido/Setiawan should still get a good seeding come the World Championship draw.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Exactly, that's why Kido was put to play in front, while Hendra was covering the back court as instructed by Coach Sigit Pamungkas before they departed for Suwon. It was also reported in the local newspaper that Kido is still not fully fit yet. Coach Sigit guessed Kido is only 85% recovered :eek:

Indeed, they had no pts to defend from the Singapore SS and only 5040 pts from the INA SS. They should get the bulk of the 8462 pts from last year's Thomas Cup by playing at least 1-2 group matches in the Sudirman Cup.

Nevertheless, the 7,000 pts from the BAC are much welcomed and desparately needed, should they fail to defend the 4 huge winner points from the Olympics and 3 SS (total of 39,600 pts)

#197 badMania, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's time to bump this thread :)

Finally, one Super Series title for Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan this year. It has certainly been a very testing period for the duo and this victory certainly provides a welcome respite and hopefully will propel them back to the no 1 ranking in the near future.

Kido/Hendra will still have to defend huge points from the Denmark and French SS victories last year (18,400 pts). One more title from the 2 European SS events will be needed to keep them in the top 4 ranking.