Mizuno Wave Fang SS2

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ntpm, Aug 8, 2017.

1. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

Does it mean the legs will work harder on Mizuno shoes?

2. freeter

freeter Regular Member

I just bought this shoes last week to replace my worn out BABOLAT SHADOW TEAM. I bought this instead of 65z because I'm rooting for Okuhara lol, like the others said stock insole is very thin and almost no cushioning, I swap the stock insole with cheap lining insole, I felt better cushoning(better than stock insole from 65z), and decided to order ac194(I hope it feels better than 65z stock insole).
    Mizuno just announced Wave Fang Zero

Feels great with ac194 insole and 19120 socks

#22 freeter, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  3. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

How's the stability? I love how stable the shadow tour is laterally preventing ankle rolls, I went frkm mizuno hurricane 3 to the shadow tour. Took the hurricane out last night and the ankle roll over too easily compared to the shadow tour.

Now looking to get a pair of fang ss2 but am afraid of insufficient lateral support. Would it be possible for you to compare the 2 in terms of support?

4. kisirong2501

kisirong2501 Regular Member

I bought Wave Fang SS2 last month. It fits quite good but a little bit slippery inside the shoes when I slung for net strokes. Additionally, my foot are quite hurt after few games.
    I tend to switch to Yonex Power Cushion 65z wide or Comfort Z men. My feet is wide. It there any advise.
    Thank you.

5. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

You might want to change your insole first to Yonex Power Cushion AC192 (or maybe AC194 too) or Victor VT-XD8. They are better than Wave Fang's original insole (you can browse this forum - someone already mentioned it before) and they have the bumps on the top layer so your feet are harder to slip.

I used Victor VT-XD8 before and it really helps me fix the same problem you are having right now. I guess this is a cheaper alternative than changing to a new shoes, especially for a pricey shoes like Wave Fang, I recommend not getting rid of it yet :)

As for shoes, my feet are wide too and I had problem finding a fitting Yonex shoes. I am now using Victor P8510 Wide and really recommend it if you dont have to wear Yonex shoes. I used to have sore knees after each sessions prior to that shoes (i have so many knees issue including patellar tendinitis) but it is no longer an issue now after switching to P8510 (all other setup for knee supports remain the same i.e. knee brace and knee band). Or you can also look into Victor A830II Extra Wide. It looks nice and have more toe spaces, but it is less stable than P8510 (which compensates for a faster movement).

6. freeter

freeter Regular Member

Hi, I couldn't answer your question. and also I was using Shadow Team not Tour

I think Shadow Team is just a little bit stable
    Here's the image if you want to see ankle cut and yonex ac194

Maybe this might help you for measurement, That site helped me to pick wavefangss2 online with satisfying fit. Especially about wide feet.

#26 freeter, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  7. kisirong2501

kisirong2501 Regular Member

Thanks for your help!
    I tried to tighten my shoes as much as possible and after 3 weeks I little faced slippery issue. But my heel is not so good after games. Maybe it come from hard out sole of wave fang ss or my landing technique is not correct. So sad.
    By the way, I haven't tried Yonex hi-end shoes before, really looking forward to get the new one. I am confusing about 65z wide and comfort Z men but after viewing some reviews for comfort Z men, it looks not so good. Maybe I'll pick 65z wide 2019 version.

8. PradeepShan

PradeepShan New Member

Using this shoe from the past 2 months. Durability is good it seems. However, color blue peels off. So, really not happy with it. Blue color on the shoe is like a thin layer on that if touches the ground 2-3 times it goes off and black color appears. So, Do not want to recommend this to anyone.

9. freeter

freeter Regular Member

Which side? bottom of the shoes?

10. jansari

jansari New Member

Hi all.. I’d like to know how does Wave Fang SS2 size compare to Aerus 3? For Yonex, I’ve been wearing size 41 (26.5), should I buy the same size for the Wave Fang SS2? Many thanks..

11. Whichwaytogo

Whichwaytogo New Member

I don't know how the Yonex Aerus 3 fits, but as a general guide I normally wear US7/EU40/25cm. I went half a size up to 25.5cm. It was a little tight at first but after breaking it in, it fits well.

12. jansari

jansari New Member

Thank you for your info.. much appreciated!!