Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

eh what's going on? andhika said xyst02 is even balance - slight head heavy... foo.tw said it's head heavy.... mizuno has such wide variance?
    jeez looks like i need to get this racket and try it myself.....

2. It'sMeMeMe

what's your further verdict on xyst02 andhika? compared to the rest of the rackets you own... should've been more than 1 month now since you got it.... any further opinion?

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'm inclined to believe what andhika has said and personally would disregard what foo has said honestly. I haven't tried the racket personally but I have held the frame at my regular shop and for my life I cannot see how it is a head heavy racket. The best metaphor for the XYST 2.0 is that it is Mizuno's take on the Meteor X series by Victor. The frame shapes are similar and so are the specs on paper.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  4. It'sMeMeMe

i c..... thx

5. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

It's slightly head heavy , that's what i mean.
    The point is : being head heavier & much stiffer but lose in every aspect to the soft racket ?
    I don't think it acceptable by any mean.

Also, for a 2018 model lose in every aspect but control to the 2016 model JPX LTD is also not acceptable.

Though I rate it as totally worthless, it doesn't mean it's that bad.
    Just that it can't compete with those top-tier rackets in term of cost & performance.
    With similar cost, JPX LTD, a 2-years-ago racket, will out perform a lot.
    And since it's 2-years-ago, you can find some bargain.
    That's why I think it worthless, cause you can always find better deals.

My verdict is totally based on cost & performance. Not for that, I wouldn't switch from Yonex to Mizuno since my adoption of JPX LTD.
    Since my adoption of Fortius Series, the only Yonex racket remain in my bag is AX99.

As to how I play. 95% of the players joined the trial can hardly get 10 points from me.
    That's also why I always have to carry the worst player on court.

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  6. It'sMeMeMe

7. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

i doubt i will be using the altius tour J though i haf ordered as well, maybe i will try out my fren's pcs since she will be using it

8. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

Finally I tried the JPX LTD but found it to be too stiff for my elbow.. it was really nice whip as you all have mentioned though. However I finally got myself a Prototype X-2. Anyone has this racket here? Maybe we can compare note.

The racket is quite.. interesting. It is a fast racket (faster than sword frame rackets) and with my ribbed grip setup I measure the balance point to be at 270 mm, which probably make this racket more head light than even balance, but I can still feel the head on smashes.

Repulsion and shock absorbtion is good but I am not sure how much of that is caused by the BG66UM string, because initially I put on Victor VBS63 on and it felt like hitting with a pan (still good repulsion though), but that feel is completely gone with BG66UM on (VBS63 is quite easy to break after 3 sessions only - I never broke a string that fast before).

For control and accuracy I have a mixed feeling about this racket. The sweet spot is smaller than my YY Nanoray 20 or Mizuno Carbosonic 79, so I made more mishits here. But the mishits are still taking the bird to where I want it to be with a still good repulsion. I am guessing this is because of the special T-joint (which means if you are already good at hitting on your sweet spot, you probably dont find this special T-joint to make that much difference). Anyone want to comment on this T-joint thing?

Another interesting thing for this racket is... I find it to be a bit (maybe like 0,5 cm - 1 cm) shorter than the regular 675 mm racket - I dont know if this is shop defect or if this is by design :)

So far only played for 4 session (maybe total of 9 games) with this boy, I'll let you know if anything change after I play more.

#1588 justplaynow77, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  9. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Dont forget to share your thought here about altius your J..

10. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Hey kyru really appreciate if you could review it. Haha thanks in advance!

11. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Oh boy.

I supposedly promised myself to start saving up for a stringing machine, but now I have this instead:
    jpx.jpg

Sorry Mr. Wallet:rolleyes:

Initial impression is really good. That kind of not-your-regular-racket solid feel is pretty impressive. Strung at 26 lbs with BG80P, I did some walling and some simple smashing in my room and it has that kind of hard but well responsive feedback. Got it from Abugek Sports and he did the stringing as well. Hopefully I would find it great to use in actual play. I'll test it tomorrow in our weekend game. Looks really gorgeous as well with that equally gorgeous thermal full cover case.

When I looked at the specs on the shaft, it says 90g and Extra Stiff? I haven't tried using an extra stiff racket but this one seems to be arm friendly for me. While I read from others here and in some sites that it's described as stiff?

samhuda and s_mair like this.
  12. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Very good choice you've made, have fun with your new racket. Let us know how do you find about it, speed, power, hitting feel etc.. :D

But mine is stated as Weight 87g, Balance 295mm, Flex Stiff

13. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

It's not stiff IMO. The worst part of using JPX LTD per my experience is being not stiff enough.
    It affects instantaneous power and accuracy. That's why I sold JPX LTD.
    If the extra stiff version of JPX LTD can really get to extra stiff, it could become a top rated racket.

Some more things about Altius Tour J I received :
    1. it's really a singles racket. It has the shortest handle.
    2. The swing-weight distribution is +/-2 as always.
    3. Mizuno Seems not be able to complete all demand. Only part of the orders are shipped.

I'll compare Altius Tour J & Fortius Tour
    Both 3u and fresh strung with the same string & tension & grip.

14. badmintony

Hmm. Same specs that I read in some online sites but the specs on the shaft say differently.
    And I suppose those are for dry weight only? Quite oddly though is when I swing the racket fast and hard, it somehow feels
    like a more solid and hard hitting arc 11 and I don't seem to feel the supposedly HH bit, not the kind of HH you'd experience with a Voltric.
    I can confirm that there's more head heaviness on the N9II, something that hm_andhika and other guys have already said before.
    But still, 90g and Extra Stiff? Regardless of the specs though, the feel is simply sweet and dandy:cool:

Attached Files:

• jpx2.jpg
      jpx2.jpg
      File size:
      168.3 KB
      Views:
    Okaharu likes this.
  15. badmintony

Could it possibly have been the string you used and tension? Sometimes for some reasons I somehow get that kind of feeling when
    I use different strings even when strung at the same tension.

16. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

All environment controlled, tension string color grip , all the same.
    Their stiffness rating are simply different.
    Yonex has higher stiffness compared with other brands.
    Altius tour j also seems to be stiffer than other rackets from Mizuno.
    Rated as medium stiff, it bend like stiff rated fortius tour.
    Yet, altius tour has longer shaft, which means it should be actually stiff in yonex standard.

That’s what I experienced in trial. I guess that’s why altius tour j smash well in my hand.
    It didn’t seem to suffer from the medium stiff shaft because it is not really medium stiff.

Anyway, I’ll have a thorough test when I get my rackets back from stringing.

17. bmtboy

bmtboy Regular Member

What you are using is the JPX LTD extra stiff version. The one that indicates 295mm and stiff is the normal JPX LTD version.

18. badmintony

Edit:
    Yea, I just saw in the video, the one advertised is the stiff version.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 07.03.24.png

If that were the case then this Extra Stiff version I have is what foo.tw is missing

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

#1598 badmintony, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  19. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

I'm so jealous you somehow managed gettting an ES ver without knowing while I scoured the Internet over without finding one :oops:

Number 14 likes this.
  20. badmintony

Have you got one already or not yet and still planning on buying one? ABUGEK Sports have this ES version only and still have some stocks.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk