Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. jason202

jason202 New Member

student
    go facebook and ask chong abugek, racket string by he is absolutely superb

yus76 likes this.
  2. pizzaboi

pizzaboi Mizuno
    Brand Representative

Brand Development
    I will have to check on that.

3. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    just ordered one of both JPX 8.5 and LTD, good service by E-link sport who weight their racket to get me one of both on the 4U range.

4. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

hi pizzaboi, any idea if the nozumi new racket altius tour will be coming in to SG as official launch is in Aug

5. long

long Regular Member

My thoughts after a certain period of time using Mizuno 8.1; 8.3 and Fang RX. I am a total noob so take my words with a pinch of salt:

#1: 8.1 I have heard bad reviews about the durability of the JPX 8.1. Last night, I experienced it myself. The frame broke at 2 o'clock due to a frame-shot. Overall, the racket is mediocre. I neither like it or hate it. The racket is not really repulsive as I expect it to be though.

#2: I've got 2 other 8.3s, one of them cracked in the inner side of the frame at 12 o'clock but still usable. It survived multiple clashes and brutal 'drops' without any damage. Therefore, I have to admit 8.3 is a beast in terms of durability. It's a great feeling racket, very good at flat exchanges and especially smashes. One of the best I have ever played.

#3: My fang rx worn off after 5 month use on carpet (I play 2 hours a day, three a week). I adore the design very modern, practical and durable. The 'Mizuno intercool' is phenomenal keeping my feet at comfortable temperatures and dry. It looks great and fits well, but lack some cushioning especially in the foresole. Both I and another badminton fellow suffer from pain in the 'big toe joint' after landing. However, the durability is as I said rather disappointing.

Dont get me wrong that I have prejudice against Mizuno. Coming from Fleet, Yonex, and Victor I want to stick with it and am willing to love it, but I am not satisfied with the durability. In fact, I have never been satisfied with any brands for that matter. Yonex rackets (tried ZF2, NNR900, Arc 11, Doura 10) dont like them at all, notorious for poor durability. Victor BS12 (bad paint job, fragile) , JS10 + JS12 (sinking grommets, the 10s are fragile too), however, all are amazing to play.

6. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    From your range of rackets u don't seem that noob. But I think you are quite rough with ur rackets. Many clashes or floor whacking? Maybe the correct term is very competitive. Myself I'm a recreational player...if there is a chance of clashing....i will just let it go. Not worth $150 bucks for 1 point at this level.

This coupled with high tension above 26lbs...for sure the rackets gonna break.

With today's manufacturing tech...rackets are pushed to limits...lightest yet strongest is rocket science and the thickness of materials varies thru each racket for best balance.

Me too came from Yonex camp. But so far Mizuno has been impressive. Other than the lousy paint jobs sometime back.

Breaking due to clash is not a manufacturing issue but a player. So far....so blessed I've never broke a ŕacket...except this once I was too "competitive" clash my mp100 with a armotec.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. sy0182003

sy0182003 Regular Member

Customer Service
    It's an excellent review! Thank you. So, which one comes closest to ARC11?

8. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Has anyone tried the Technix 1.2?
    I'm eyeing up some Mizuno rackets and shortlisted Mizuno VS Tour, JPX 8.5/Ltd and Technix 1.2.
    Any comparisons of the above in terms of repulsion and stiffness, especially VS tour and Technix 1.2.

9. pizzaboi

pizzaboi Mizuno
    Brand Representative

Brand Development
    it will take some time before we get our hands to it. Normally they release to the JDM first.

10. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

oh kk just wanna make sure SG retailers will get their hands for this racket

11. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

oh kk just wanna make sure SG retailers will get their hands for this racket

12. pizzaboi

pizzaboi Mizuno
    Brand Representative

Brand Development
    [​IMG]

MODEL :
    Fioria Lite

COLOR: Rosebloom / Pearl White

LENGTH: 675mm

WEIGHT: 5U (78g)

BALANCE: 295+/-mm

GRIP SIZE: G4/G5

MAX TENSION: 28lbs

CONSTRUCTION: Japan HM Graphite

Picking up recently is the Fioria lite series, this pink racquet is proving to be a popular choice for the ladies.
    5U and flexible, it is easy to use for beginners, but the high max tension and slight heavy head caters to the intermediate groups as well.

Do pick it up at our stores, definitely one of the popular models right now.

Bieffe likes this.
  13. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

What a.....

Attached Files:

pizzaboi likes this.
  14. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

aldy out at gala sports

15. pizzaboi

pizzaboi Mizuno
    Brand Representative

Brand Development
    Designers thinking years ahead... let me inform them.
    Thanks for the headsup.

16. Yuiibo

Yuiibo New Member

Designer
  17. TwilightZone

TwilightZone New Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I have been using the Z-Force II Lin Dan white version 4U for some time. Suited me well as I am a fairly hard hitter, with a bit of brute strength :)-)).

Recently got the JPX Ltd Edn to try out. The feel is good and the hitting is easy. But somehow, I find my smashes less powerful and not as sharp as my ZFII. I feel that the power is there but somehow I was not able to extract the power out. Have play 2x2hours with it so far.

btw, i removed the original grip from both rackets and replaced by 2 thin yonex grips, and both balances at around 310-315 point. ZFII LD version is strung with BG66U 27lbs and JPX is BG66U 28lbs.

Wondering if any of you using the JPX Ltd Edn can share your thoughts about the racket and how you tame it.

18. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

19. jason202

jason202 New Member

student
    Try change your jpx ltd string to kizuna z63, definately get different feel. Used to be zf2 3u user, but now i changed my main racket as jpx ltd.

20. TwilightZone

TwilightZone New Member

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the tips. will change to Kizuna z63 next. btw, what tension did you strung your racket?