Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

Continuing my review of Mizuno's. This time is Fortius 30 Control.
    The dry weight is 85.31 gr.
    BP: 293mm.
    I was surprise when receive this racket. The head frame is small, like Yonex Nanoflare 800. I try to sell it immediately since I don't like small frame but then the paint job is amazzzinnngg. The more I looked at it the more I fond of it, so I decide to give it a try.
    And I'm glad that I tried it. The racket is very good. The hitting feels hard, solid. Much better than V-Edition and Technix 1.2i and the power also greater even though the F30C has less head heavy than the other 2. It also swing heavier.
    From the almost sell it, now it became my main racket :D

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

like it... Cant wait for the next one:D
    F30P maybe or XYST or Altius:p

3. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Have used the f30p, FME, i dont really recommend it, especially for its price, solid hitting feel is the only positive ( for me ) ,power is just average even if you compare it to lower priced racket, feel a little bit heavy for it specs, medium stiff, not on yonex level, and the one that made me sold it was the repulsion, the racket feels dead hard, need to hit with more power/swing speed.
    Strung with Msmooth65h then restrung it with BG80 and then ABBT all 27 lbs and eventually sold it , i also used to play with jpx ltd, and i personally prefer it over the f30p, cheaper + better IMO
    *9000c BG66UM - BG80 user

Bou Phatthana likes this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Wow... Had tried friend JPX LTD (not Attack) & i feel its more or less close to AVP. Fast, easy for repeat smash but not quite powerfull. You rate JPX LTD better yet BRR rate F30P better. I guest this is why asking racket review always hard to digest. There is always 2 side, like & hate. Each person feel & preference are always different:D

5. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Absolutely, the extreme side is, brr said it has good repulsion meanwhile fme it was the worst and thats why i sell it, i didnt recall brr said f30p is better then jpx ltd tho?
    One thing i can agree with brr review for f30p is the smash is just okay :D, but not for its price, at least for me XD

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

nope BRR didnt mention which better or worst just the overall of their score on F30P are higher than JPX LTD:D
    Didnt blame you nor BRR for this. Its totally abstract & very complicated to describe one feeling to others:p

7. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I am lucky to have the Altius 01 Feel (White) JP Version @ BG68Ti at 25 lbs. I'm going to test out the racket soon and make my review on it as I get on court. Personally I bought it because of Okuhara :):).

8. Keng

Keng New Member

I’m waiting for your review.

9. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Hello Mizuno fans. i'm trying to find the difference between the Altius and the Fortius ? I have a look at Mizuno website and different testing websites and the differences is not obvious for me. Thanks to all of you for your answers.

10. Iwan Pandin

The most obvious difference is the balance point. Except for Fortius 30 Control, all Fortius are Head Heavy balance. Altius are even balance. Even the Altius 03 Power, the balance point is under 295cm.

Yves-bzh-29 likes this.
  11. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    I have finally went to court and was able to make a review today. Sorry to @Keng for waiting so long. :oops:

I bought the white and gold colorway. I really want to get the Special Editon version but I am broke from buying this. :oops:

Specifications: Even-balanced, 3UG5, JP (Japan) only(?) coded racket

Price: $200+ USD :eek:, will destroy your wallet of course :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: I play with plastic shuttles most of the time, as I am a high school student :D.

Clears
    I felt that the Altius was extremely good with clears. In fact, it stands out when you use this racket. Even with late clears to the deep forehand corner and still generate pretty good power to push your opponent back. Off center of the racket, of course wasn't forgiving.

Control
    I could control my netshots pretty well. This racket paired well with the weight of the racket. Most of the time when controlling the shuttle, I can do what I want to do :).

Smashes
    Ok. Wasn't unforgiving as it is an even-balanced racket. Doesn't generate as much power as my Duora 77 (even-balanced) or Turbocharging 70 Zhang Nan Edition (Even-balanced to slightly head-heavy(?) ). The smashes were very fast as this racket has the recessed frame. This is more of an iffy section as smashes are based on your tecnique. I loved smashing down the line, it was satisfying. :)

Defense

Awesome. Extremely quick enough to respond fast smashes and the racket head got to where I wanted to hit the shuttle. I believe you can get the head of the racket to the shuttle, 80%. The frame of the racket has a recessed frame like the Yonex 88/99 pros and the Voltric Z Force 2. I think the frame helps with the defense and the smashes.

Thoughts?
    Initially when I first bought the racket, I loved the specs as it was not unforgiving and Nozomi Okuhara using the racket (still does but in the Olympic colorway now :oops:). I love this racket a lot.

Would I recommend it?
    To be honest, no. Unless you want to know what Made-In-Japan Mizuno rackets feel like, you are a fan of Nozomi Okuhara of Japan, and have a lot of money :p. I cannot say much about the feel of the racket. The only way you know if you have it in your hand. There is a lot of rackets out there that can do better, for me being the Turbocharging 70. I use this racket as a backup as the specs are similar (only headweight is different).

I hope this helps to those who want to know how the Mizuno Altius 01 Feel is like! :)

12. DxNs

DxNs New Member

Hi. Anyone here who uses the Fortius lite? I have a dillema of choosing the jpx limited edition flash and the fortius lite. I have used the jpx flash and its really powerful racket, but im taking into consideration the fortius lite because of its weight.

13. Iwan Pandin

I don't think there is a jpx limited edition flash? Do you mean JPX 8 Flash? or JPX Limited Edition Speed?
    I have use fortius lite before. Physically, the head frame is very small. Even smaller than Fortius 30 Control. So, be mindfull about this since small head is not every one cup of tea. BP is 300mm. The shaft feels medium.
    Feel of use: The racket is very light. Very easy to swing and fast. The downside is I can't generate enough power from it. Smash feels weak. Defence also feels weak. It's easy to return the smash but its hard to return the shuttle far to the backcourt. Its off course depend on the power of the user, but I don't have the same issue with Fortius 30 C or any other Mizuno racket I have used.
    So, its a dream racket for front court player, nightmare for backcourt and defence player (for me at least).
    Hope thats help!

14. DxNs

DxNs New Member

This is a big help.. Just the right review i needed.. Sorry its jpx limited edition speed im talking about.. Commonly with the light weight rwcket it doesnt produce that much power like my mizuno zepher. Its just that its so fast to return the ball but lack of power on defense or my return. I will try to search on fortius control instead.

Iwan Pandin likes this.
  15. Iwan Pandin

I interested on JPX Limited Edition Speed. What do you think of the racket?

16. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

#2296 s6edge, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  17. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Btw, anyone tried Fortius 50 spirit n swift? Kinda concerned with the lack of internal frame foam for vibration damping on the spirit (but the web said it has woven 3d matrix frame and aerogroove hmmmm)

Wonder if the spirit has issues with vibration or nope smh, since am now into medium to flexible racket, and am kinda seeking some muted feel (koz fok my tennis elbow ) while maintaining power and control over placement hmmmmm

#2297 YoonSoAh, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  18. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

came across the Altius 01 Feel S...
    whats with it.. is it sold as a matching pair to the regular Feel 01 and you're supposed to use either one depending on venue conditions?

Anyhow, was looking around for a 4u racket and the feel 01 S is a 4u racket compared to the Feel 01 whihc is a 3u racket.

Mizunos description of them is as clear as mud.

was hoping for some clarification for the Altius Feel 01 S before i plonk down the premium asking price it commands.

Looking forward to all replies.

19. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    I'm saving my money for it. From the specs it is a 4U Head-heavy mid flex racket that Okuhara will be using. Maybe they are trying to create an Altius 01 Feel version of the Mizuno Caliber Reg that she used during the 2016-2017 era.

Attached Files:

20. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

well, ill find out i guess. ordered one.
    its actually a little shorter than the regular feel 01 according to specs.

badmintonpog1 likes this.