Mixed Final

Discussion in 'All England 2006' started by andymcg, Jan 23, 2006.

1. lindanfan

lindanfan Regular Member

student/ working in sport shop/ stringing
    people are just very hypocritical, they always tend to remember the bad performances rather than the good ones, also they remember the performances in finals more than in quarters or group stages because there is more of a build up and its a "bigger" game.

i think the other reason for people forgetting their good games is that there is hardly any televisoin coverage.

2. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    I say praise them for the obvious outstanding pairing that they are, acknowledge the great results they produce, but stand by them in defeat and bad times.

I don't think that it's so much that Nathan and Gail failed to reclaim the AE but the way they failed. Personally I imagine most people would have had no complaints at all if there had been a real battle and they had lost. But to see Nathan crumple the way he did was frustrating for everyone.

Let's not forget that the crowd were behind them all the way, even cheering wildly for the 1 point they got in the 3rd game.

You can't ever criticise soemone for losing as that is part of being competetive, but I think you are entitled to be critical when they fail to perform. You're right though, in that we should temper this with their numerous successes