Miscellaneous Tournaments 2018

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by Justin L, Mar 21, 2018.

1. kalibrant

kalibrant Regular Member

salesman
    expected to be like that, spain is soccer/footballl powerhouse.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

LYD can't speak english nor spanish?? :D:D:D

Well I don't see how they can't upset top 10 pairs. YYS/TBH defeated Inoue/Kaneko back in Malaysia Open. And forced a decider against Li/Liu before losing it

3. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

I don't even remember when the last time I see lyd being that happy after winning a tournament, congrats lyd/kgj !! I can see them beat some top 10 pair already, they're good.

talk about lyd, I just remember the interview from last year that the only player minions really want to beat is lyd, since they always lose to him back then :D

LjS4, KB@TB Em and Michael V like this.
  4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah.. with minions struggling like they are now, it would be a tough task. Marcus smashes hardly have any impact on anyone lately, would mean nothing to the Koreans.

LYD always has the highest quality players as a partner. Why can't Kevin or Zhang Nan especially have one too?:confused::confused:

5. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

I think marcus are better than ko sung hyun or kim gi jung.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Because home heroine Carolina Marin pulled out from this tournament. Maybe next year edition with better time-slot (19-24 February) will attract more top players to take part Spain Masters.

The final round started with all Japanese affairs in WD when newly-crowned World Champion Matsumoto/Nagahara led all the way to defeat well-improved fellow countrywomen Sakuramoto/Takahata in two straight games, 21-17 / 21-13. Japan adds more title through Minatsu Mitani who tamed Danish youngster Mia Blichfeldt, as the latter couldn't seal the tie in second game and it's gone case in third game as Mitani powered past her, 9-21 / 23-21 / 21-8.

Denmark also bags two titles in men's category, Rasmus Gemke defeated Thai veteran Suppanyu Avihingsanon despite had nervous start to drop opening game easily, 9-21 then Gemke found the rhythm to take next two sets, 21-6 / 21-14. Nohr/Thygesen scored upset to eliminate top-seed Ellis/Smith as the English pair seemed lost focus in 19-14 healthy lead of first game as Danish duo grabbed 7 consecutive points to close it out, 21-19.

Last final match, as predicted Korean aces Lee YD/Kim GJ top podium for the first time since their retirement from national team, it's such good news for KOR badminton fans as rarely to see Korean players to taste victory in BWF World Tour series lately. Lee/Kim eliminate Isara/Jongjit in relatively comfortable way, 21-13 / 21-17, next they have been registered to compete upcoming KOR Open Super 500.

BWF Tour will move to South Asia this week, Hyderabad Open Super 100 before heading to East Asia tour in JPN, CHN and KOR.

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  7. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

DinarDyah playing WD with RuselliHartawan in HyderabadOpen? why??

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It's better for them to switch playing WD since WS competition is very cruel and tough, realistically only Gregoria Mariska has potential to rise on high level/top-tier BWF tournament.

10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

GP level?

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

11. It'sMeMeMe

hmm well for Ruselli i guess whatever.... but i think Dinar still has a chance....her only problem is physical and brain....i.doubt she moves to WD gonna help much...we shall see i guess...

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, based on ranking point, the winner will gain 5,500.

Baddyforall likes this.
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Dinar will turn 25 years old next October, nothing significant breakthrough in her badminton career so far, the early test here should be Singaporean teenager, current VIE Open Super 100 champion, Yeo Jia Min in second round.

14. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I support Yeo Jia Min, somehow :confused:

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Looking at MS draw, it's no serious threat for local player to nail title here. Today's interesting second round tie is scheduled tonight, reigning Asian Junior Champion Lakshya Sen against 2013 World Junior Champ, Heo Kwang Hee.

16. It'sMeMeMe

is this gonna be the last tourney for winny kandow with akbar before being paired up with tontowi?

oh nvm found the answer on local paper

#596 It'sMeMeMe, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Ahmad/Kandow have been registered to compete TPE Super 300 early October, PBSI is still trying to find formidable XD towards Tokyo 2020.

A surprise in MS department, Sai Praneeth continues his poor performance, lost to the inexperienced INA youngster, Chico Aura Wardoyo, silver medalist of 2016 WJC. Last sixteen top-half of draw is full of home players whilst foreign competitors rule the opposite draw, Firman Abdul Kholik, Heo Kwang Hee, Soong Joo Ven are among of them.

ROUND OF 16 (02.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=C425D23A-9CCA-4443-B3E4-5A104BAF8DCA

18. It'sMeMeMe

and YeoJM beats Dinar 21-15 21-15 ouch....happy for YJM though

boon_keng likes this.
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just checked some results of the Hyderabad Open WTS100, in MS, INA young MS Chico eliminated the top seed Praneeth , and the next day he fell to Soong Joo Ven.

SGP's Yeo Jia Min also brought down the WS 1st seed, Dinar Dyah Ayustine.

boon_keng likes this.