Misbun gives Hafiz two more chances

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by alfa-2, Nov 10, 2007.

1. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    hmmmmmmmmm. Reporters unethically misquoting players, coaches and even ministers????????????? It is possible though.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Frankly, we know Malaysia is world class in badminton but even in individual events, players such as Koo and Tan in doubles and LCW in singles, have not been as consistent at Nicol.

Even TBH has acknowledged publicly that Nicol's feat in 2007 is hard to emulate, much more difficult to surpass.

It was Nicol, in a less popular game like squash which is better known in the west and has still to make its way into the Olympics, who brought name and glory to Malaysia, not even badminton.

In world sports now, Malaysia is associated more with squash and Nichol. Not so much badminton or hockey. So the payback by Nichol could be considered inconsiderable!

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

#103 Loh, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Gentlemen handshake across the ocean, witnessed by all BCers...our bet is on...if HH takes one set from LD, I lose the 20 satay sticks bet...if LD wins straight, you lose 20 to me...and an added bonus to you (which I would be glad to payup and you don't have to return the bonus offer to me), if HH actually beat LD, I double my satay to you plus a coconut and beer and kueh talam for desert.

Just save this post, I mean I gonna save this post cos' one day I get a free dinner...I know we will meet one of this day, in MO Open???

One condition, if I win, no kambing satay and...wait a minute, if LYB match fix that will null our bet and I need Cooler to defend match fixing if it happens by justifying for LYB...just kidding!!! :D

BTW, are 100 sticks of satay costs USD25, a buck for 4, a quarter for one, that is pretty cheap...it costs C$1.60 plus 5% tax for one lousy stick here!!!...hehehe!!!:D:p

6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Hey XBall...now that I know how economical satay is in MAS, let's expand our bet, just in case I won and I want you to have a chance to recoup....if LD meets LCW in any round in CHN Open, I bet LD wins...look I am a MAS supporter, don't get me wrong and I am not belittling LCW, LCW played very well lately even beating LD straight...just that I think LD is very hard to beat in CHN....how about another 20 sticks and just to ensure there are no excuses, if LYB match fix any game and I do not need Cooler to justify LYB action, the bet stands...hehehe!!!:D:p

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I would love to bet 100 sticks for USD25 but that will be too much a dinner for me and I would have to do a lot of situps and running or else I would not be able to perform my LD jumping smash...hehehe!!!:p:D

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    OTB is really OTB, isn't he X Ball?

Now, stop being kiasu, and worse still, kiasi and take him on since your most admired Malaysian player is now being challenged.

You're not going to sit there doing nothing, are you? :eek:

BTW, in case you forget I quote your statement #63:

" I dare say he will beat LD next"

So when you changed it to "may" later, does not warrant any discount.

See your statement #93, which I reproduce as follows:

"Act like him. Whilst I think HH may win, ..."

Now, our readers can distinguish who is really Kiasu.

#108 Loh, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Just for you XBall...since I cannot possibly take 40 sticks at one sitting, discount 2 sticks...hehehe!!!:D:p;)

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

On my friend. I will throw in a Chendol with ice cream on top if LD beats LCW -- the other bet is also on. This is what I call a fair bet not the one that Loh offers. He just wants to win.:D

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Let me beat you in the discounting --- I can only take 15 sticks at most so I will save you 5 sticks if I win -- maybe I will 'shout' LOH for the 5, he is always drooling over satay.:D

BTW, Alfa-2 is such a good character - he wins from me but does not claim. I like him a lot.:D

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

When you go to a bookie at the racecourse, you think your horse would win otherwise you would not bet on it. But does the bookie say to you : "Loh, since you think it will win, I will bet evens with you even if though I am giving others 5:1".;)

13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Are you trying to lead me to something along the line of Alfa-2...well, let's wait till I win then I tell you what I would do, I might even forfeit the satay and even buy you instead, only if satay is USD0.25 for one stick, that would beat Alfa-2 hehehe!!!...if I lose (I mean LD lose to LCW), you have no idea how happy I am to pay up.:D:p

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Sama sama.........:D

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    But you're no bookie and you've never presented yourself as such! :)

You're X Ball and I thought on a matter such as this one, you mean what you say and you say what you mean, or is it now??? :rolleyes: :cool:

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

ok, that's a good option. Someone pls let HH know he can just say, 'No comments' to media queries. By the way, how do you say 'No comments' in Bahasa?

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You mean to say that when you enter a competition, a bet, you don't want to win, even hope for a win but just content with a loss?

If this 'lack of confidence' is present, then you should not have made such a confident statement as you did in the first place!

Yes I go in with a win in mind, although it is not always possible as even LD, LCW, TH and others have found out in real life.

Since you've made such a strong claim, I challenge you as I do not have the same confidence as you have in HH at the present time. But you may be right that HH may be able to beat LD in time to come provided he has all his bases covered! :D:);)

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hahaha, exactly ! HH has his rights as much as we have rights to question his rot.

Good one old chap.:)

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Ok lah Loh, I buy you satay even without a bet. Don't be so kiasu.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Then the satay would not taste as good! :D