Misbun gives Hafiz two more chances

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by alfa-2, Nov 10, 2007.

1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hmmmm......maybe not being able to compete internationally will revive the hunger in hafiz. i hope misbun will stick to his word too because if he does not then the other charges will not respect him. :)

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Spot on. Hard to see how HH will be asked to stay home if no one else steps up. Misbun is trying to put some scare into HH (a bit of pressure). But at the end of the day, HH is the one who will be master of his own destiny.

HH, every now and then steps up but he needs to do that more often. I suspect it is an energy thing -- he needs to be real fit (not just fit). These days all the players in the tournaments are very fit -- going 3 sets with someone and then fading in the next match against someone else is the sort of thing he does currently. If all reports are correct, this guy is trimming his weight and his waistline -- I suspect this should see him get better.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The match will give HH alot of confidence if he wins Lindan in his homeground.

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

XBall, are you married?...then you would know something about energy or lack of?? Wait till HH has kid, now we are really into energy stuff big time...hehehe!!!:p:D

5. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    yes it would, wouldn't it. but much as i wanted to believe hafiz can beat lin dan, based on the current performance i doubt it. i so dont want to be a pessimist. i guess he might have a sliver of a chance. small as they may be. who knows ya.......

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

As an avid Msia fan, I'd love to see that 'miracle' happening, but dats a mountain to clim for Mr.Yoyo. It's like me taking 1 point from my idol, Taufik :D:p

Msia Boleh...!!!

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Sounds like you have a few on your hand and trying to cope.:D

I am glad I got only one and that is why my badminton is still full of 'Chi'.:)

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Actually, I am glad he is meeting him in the 1st round when he has lots of energy. Don't you think so ?;)

9. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    no need, there's a lot of mr.yoyo in the police force already.:D:D:D

10. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    I think HH gives 110% when playing against our younger player to secure his place. but he will never forget to bring his yoyo to super series everytime.:D:D:D

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Honestly, I see no difference. It's got nothing to do with energy, but skills, attitude and most of all, the winning mentality. Anyway, miracles do happen, yes, I'll try to convince myself... :p

Msia Boleh.,..!!!

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

...and you means...to steal a game from LD?...i think its possible to take a game off LD:p...but for YoYo to win the match.....its simply impossible:crying:

So YoYo..pls prove me wrong..;)

13. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Trust me, Hafiz needs a infinity changes.. hihih.. Nothing much he can do in this two tournament base on the draw. And lets wait how the press will write on this LAST two changes..
    Don't expect much, beside the header of "another earlier exit" from Hafiz..bla..bla..bla..

14. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    if HH can survive Lin Dan,
    he oso cant go far in the 2nd round
    when he managed to topple Joachim Persson in 1st round of French Open
    after losing to him in Denmark Open, I thought HH is back!!!
    then lose to Chan Yan Kit....aiyo!!!!!!!!!!!

15. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

NO OFFENCE.
    HH couldn't replace LCW as No. 1 in MAS camp, like BCL or CY or CY in CHN camp, or KJ in DEN.
    it's unfair that everyone expect too much from him. He is much better than Yogendran or YKB of BAM, he at least the AE champion and he is even train under private club.....sparring partner of LCW....does anyone realise?

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    HH definitely has the potential. He is tall but not heavy. He can go far with a right coach. It seem the coaching staff can't find the right button to push and kick start the HH's engine.

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Well said.HH should receive credit for being a first class sparring partner and I hope LCW will remember to acknowledge HH's contribution at some stage when he sees likewise.I believe HH enjoys sparring more than competing so he will always have value in the national team.HH has wonderful skills.He needs to understand that skills alone do not compensate for inadequate fitness when competing nowadays, even at GP Gold level.It's good to know the fats disappeared from the middle but I'm sure he can do better.The fitness trainer should work him until the sinews start to show or he begs for mercy, whichever comes first.HH is like Nalbandian (of Argentina) in tennis.When Nalbandian has a paunch,he will lose to a rookie. When the paunch disappeared, he beat Federer twice in 2 weeks.Take your pick, HH.Wanna lose to a rookie or be a champion?

18. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    here's hoping the engine is not neglected beyond repair :D

ooohhh....i agree with the sparring partner thingy and i so hope the second part about the fitness is true, that the only thing that hafiz needs to do is get himself so fit he could do the triathlon. :)

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am sure the sparring with LCW has also helped HH greatly. HH plays like LCW sometimes but only sometimes may I add because he cannot execute that long enough due to his fitness.

I am dying to see when he does get fit whether he would come up better (hoping like LCW, given both are the products of Misbun's excellent coaching....now I know some of you guys are going to say they are two different people).

I am pretty sure HH's diet has changed (probably less Nasi Lemak). If he shows any indication in his first round with LD in the CO, then it could be good news. But Alfa-2, of course, would still not be convinced even if HH wins.:)

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    If HH really hears you guys and improves on his fitness, strength, agility, power, speed, stamina, mental toughness, etc, to even surpass LCW's, then LCW and the rest of the badminton world better watch out!

Yoyo man has overcome! The AE crown which he won years earlier and which excited so many loyal Malaysian fans and made Malaysia proud, is now history!

He may well be the next Olympic champion and even sparring mate LCW can't stop him! :rolleyes::rolleyes: ;) :D

X Ball will be astounded at such a transformation and then will have no more strength to sing praises of LCW.

What a pleasant scenario that two of Misbun's charges have made good! :)