~!Mental Prep.!~

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Colin, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Colin

Colin Guest

i have a badminton meet coming out soon...... just wondering how to get myself into the metal state that i should be in b 4 the meet......

could any of u guys post any websites or tips on doin so.

thx

2. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

http://www.badmintoncentral.com

3. Don

Don Regular Member

take a valium and you'll be relaxed...

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    BaMBaM got it right on! go read through this forum a couple of times, you mind will have nothing but badminton!!

5. May

May Guest

***shakes head*** Encouraging ppl to take drugs. tsk tsk.

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Colin!!!

Colin,

Sorry for the alarming title... hehehe... meet me at Village Square tomorrow (Friday afternoon) if you have time, during 4pm-8pm or so...
    I'll be there helping a couple kids train for their city meet as well.
    Hope to see you there.
    -Kelvin

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    And lose

8. jayes

jayes Guest

Well, if this is your first few tournaments, I wouldn't worry much about your mental preparedness - you'll build it as you go through tournaments.

Don't exert yourself too much two days prior to the meet. Do some warm-ups and shadow movements. Above all you want to have fun. :) Winning is not all (however, it will be nice). If you lose, learn from your lost (it is not the end of the world!). Another thing that might help is to smile during your play (I know it might look stupid but it will help your mental state during the meet). Be a good sportman.

Good luck!.

9. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    A friend told me about qi gong breathing method to relax:
    Find a quiet place to sit, hold your back straight, close your eyes. Inhale through your mouth, direct the air all the way down past your navel. Exhale thorugh your nose, directing the air up your spine, over the inside of your head, and out your nostrils. ( I had to imagine the air path for part of the exhale). this does relax you.
    In fact, I know a guy who was so tense during a mixed doubles match that he asked his partner to wait a little while before she served, and he did the breathing standing up on the court with his eyes open for about 15 seconds while his partner walked around. They turned the game around, caught up in the score, and went on to win the match.

I'm learning how to recognize when I'm getting too nervous and calm myself down. Good luck in your tournament.

10. Colin

Colin Guest