Men's singles: who will NOT to go to 2015 WC

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Cheung, May 8, 2015.

?

Who will NOT go to the World Championships?

Poll closed May 12, 2015.
  1. Lee Chong Wei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Zulfadli Zulkiffli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chong Wei Feng

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Yo [MENTION=30877]AlanY[/MENTION] dude, what do you think about LYB sending LXR to the Olympics instead of WSX?

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

stroke of a genius

3. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I hope it turns out the same way for MAS/BAM sending LCW to WC.

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Yo dude, they are of the same culprit as what BAM is doing this time, according to those always alleging such doing are away from justice on players' efforts...

thank you for sharing such view, so be prepared to accept everything in future...

#64 Jonc108, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As a matter of principle, to be consistent , LCW should turn down BAM's offer. But, of course he would say he is obeying an order from higher authority and putting the interest of the nation above himself, and conveniently forget or brush aside whatever he said in opposition to Lin Dan's wild card in the past.

Personally, I respect BAM's decision to send him as I wish and feel it is right for all the best contenders to be at the world championships barring injury, sickness, or BWF violation/prohibition. And, yes, for BWF to hand him a wild card would be inappropriate, wrong.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

And foresight and courage on Li Yongbo's part.

7. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

yes and cheers to all hypocrites!!!

8. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

No surprise at all. Note that being a World Championship, national teams are in action. Everything is supposedly done in the interest of the respective nations.

CWF did nothing wrong but had to pay for someone else's mistake. Unfortunately, that's how cruel the world can be. Depending on one's perspective, it is better CWF than Tian HouWei (potential victim of a BWF wild card) who did even less wrong and is a top 10 player in the world.

As to ZZ over CWF, BAM gave the right explanation. Although we know that there are something else in play, but at least, BAM has good enough of a reason in hand in this particular case. Presumably, BAM will not deny CWF again for the Olympics. So, if it is to be, it is up to CWF from this point forward. Good luck to him.

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Whoever wins this WC is insignificant, coz there is so many one time winner.... just don't let LD to win, otherwise i will be too worry about LCW and BAM as they will be losing everything including some forgiveness then...

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

in this sports, national teams are in action not only in WC but every competition, so be it.

just could not accept many ppls (as well as some players, even top players) are playing double standards on their own interest.

better just enjoy badminton as a backyard sports and don't even dream of the luxury of turning it into a real professional sports like tennis...

11. RedShuttle

Not true. Open championships are at least nominally open. Players are entered via their national BA's as a matter of procedure. But they are not necessarily part of their national teams (e.g. ZZ), and hence, not required to wear national team uniform or advertise for national team sponsors.

Even for Chinese players, there were rare occasions that players were entered into minor international competitions as individuals or as part of their local teams.

12. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Wasn't there an arrangement between CNT and Chen Yu (?) that allowed him to compete as an individual around 2006-8?

13. RedShuttle

You are thinking Chen Hong? Not sure but you can find examples of such cases.

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    unfortunately, while in the disguise of an individual event, the badminton world championship is anything but.

players are entered in their own name, and they get the glory if they win.

however, there are many factors that make is less like an individual sport.

1) all players who ever enter international tournament must have the blessing of their national organization as the national organization's signature is required. that make sense technically as i am sure any country won't want anyone to fill in a form and declare them affiliated with that country.

2) in many countries, players are trained under the funding of that country. badminton just don't have the financial reward (like tennis) for all players to train truly individually. even Danish players who has some individual funding still are in some way partially funded by the national organization. and for countries like China and Malaysia they are totally under the national training teams unbrella. this is mostly the case, there are some exceptions. but they are exception which forms the norm.

3) even the general public sees it that way. they may not think so, but most badminton fans see players as representative of some country. i see that in at least 2 ways. a) fans will cheers for players from certain country they like, or cheer against players from a country they don't like, regardless of whom the player is and the merit of the player themselves. b) i see in many many cases where people describe individual events as so and so players vs. China, or vs. Japan. where the event itself is an individual event, but yet they see the players as synonymous to the country they are representing. this has never happen in tennis, where honest even today i cannot remember which country most of the tennis stars came from. we just know them as true individuals.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes, it was Chen Hong. but that didn't last very long.

16. RedShuttle

I hardly watch tennis but I believe national flags are often prominently displayed next to the player's names.

17. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Not True? how many % not true? you pick one case out of thousands and say not true? perhaps there is nothing in this world is true as nothing is 100% perfectly happening in one way...

I am talking about the major picture.

someone quote the selection of players to OG as a defense to BAM's decision in this WC. This is really irrelevant. OG is a truly national base team event, so the choice is of course up to the national body.

But in a true professional sports, a WC just like All England and SS, should be an individual event if consider from the perfect scenario always pursued by BCers (and this was the base of bashes over LYB's way of running China team), yet now these bashers are surprisingly in support of BAM's decision (which is LYB's way). This really is disappointing and double standard....

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Under the rules set by BWF...

19. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I still think that Lee Chong Wei should bear with the repercussions due to his negligence, Chong Wei Feng should not be made the victim due to the former's mistake. Even if Lee Chong Wei nicks the title, it left a poor taste in my mouth frankly, I do not know about others. Poor guy, Chong Wei Feng, I still remembered his brilliant moments in the Thomas Cup ties against Korea and Indonesia.

#79 rwchen, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Not sure why still more people voted after the news of who has been selected had come out.
    :confused: Mystifying