Mens Singles CHAMP

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by tjl_vanguard, Mar 28, 2007.

1. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    You guys think Hafiz can defend his title? I think he can as long as he play well without making stupid mistakes and CHN singles not there haha

2. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

erm.. Hafiz can't even beat Lee Chong Wei, let alone chinese players..

3. tjl_vanguard

Student
    but LCW not taking part rite?

4. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Why he is not in? Prepare for WC?

5. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

LCW is playing in CHINA & PHILIPPINES Open

Badminton: Tall order for Lee
    By LIM TEIK HUAT
    PETALING JAYA: Malaysian singles shuttler Lee Chong Wei has got the confidence back in his game and coach Misbun Sidek now wants his charge to challenge for the World Championships title in August.
    Misbun believes that Chong Wei’s victory over World Championships runner-up Bao Chunlai of China in the Indonesian Open final last month was the turning point in his game.
    “His physical expression told the story when he first came back to me. He had got too comfortable with his game then and his opponents started to read his game well. Chong Wei started to lose to them because he could not find a way to change his tactics,” said Misbun.
    “He came to me because he had the faith but I expected the results to come only in six months time.
    “It is also to his credit that he managed to turn his game around in less than three months because he has the talent in the first place.
    “Chong Wei has the ability to shift his game plan according to his opponents. His confidence is also much better but it is important for him to prepare well. Preparation is everything to doing well in any targeted tournament.”
    Prior to the success in Jakarta, Chong Wei had been without a title for 11 months since retaining his Malaysian Open title last year.
    His game took a dive following his unexpected defeat by Chunlai in the quarter-finals of the World Championships in Madrid last September.
    Chong Wei only had the bronze medal in the Doha Asian Games to show after that and subsequently failed to make it past the quarter-final stage in six tournaments this year.
    The 25-year-old’s loss in form was also part of the reasons prompting his coach at that time – Li Mao (of China) to leave Malaysia and rejoin South Korea.
    Misbun said Chong Wei and national number two Mohd Hafiz Hashim would skip the Thailand Open early next month to prepare for the world meet.
    Only Chong Wei will be involved in the Sudirman Cup (mixed team world championships) in Glasgow starting next Monday.
    “I am only sending Kuan Beng Hong (the third national singles player training under him) for the Thailand Open,” said Misbun.
    “But all three would be playing in the China and Philippines Opens.
    “I hope Chong Wei can maintain his form in these two tournaments. It is important for him to at least maintain his position in the top four in the world rankings. After that, he will come back to get ready for the world meet,” added Misbun.
    The world meet will be held at the Putra Stadium in Kuala Lumpur from Aug 13-19 and Misbun said the hope is on Chong Wei to become Malaysia’s first singles world champion in badminton.
    “No Malaysian has won the world title and Chong Wei has a shot at winning it. Hafiz stands a slim chance but he can still play a spoiler’s role and help clear the way.”
    Hafiz is currently ranked 11th in the world and has not been training for the past week because of the preparations for his wedding.

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Misbun knows this is LCW's chance of a lifetime - everything is planned to the tee.

LCW's condition is currently at its superb best. If he takes on Taufik or LD today, he will win. His speed is incredible. His smashes are spot on. His mental attitude would make Sigmund Freud reexamine his textbook.

Love it or hate it, LCW will win the WC.

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Now, who the heck is Sigmund whatever....XBall I like to share your optimism and cockiness but I reserve my opinion, except that I hope LCW does win...it is not easy and a lot depends on the draw and in the world of badminton Open, one month can change a lot of events...look at LCW who was pronounced habis (finished), and IO07 turned things around. One thing, I agree with you, WC07 in MAS is a golden opportunity being homesoil does favour LCW and his resurgence in form does provide optimism that LCW could win ,and if TH is out, that enhances his chances even more.

8. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager

I'm sorry to say but LD is gonna win

9. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Let's get back to the topic...

The Philippines and Thailand open are going to win by one or two of the three "Great Chen's".:cool: Those two tournaments lack serious contenders in the first place.:p

China open... I don't know. Chen Hong has won it two years in a row... but I more or less expect Bao ChunLai to make an impact this year:cool: in case Lin Dan still doesn't pick his game up again.:crying: It's tough as it is to beat the China MS players, and with the additional "assist" from innocent line judges, if you don't have the China flag on your shirt, you need to be ready to pack your stuff and book the next morning flight back home.:p:cool:

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

With you on this one :cool:

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is always good to have a difference in opinion. :D

I hope LD makes it to the WC. With LYB telling him off, anything can happen. He could play well or play sh.t. LYB certainly has a funny way to encourage his players.

12. yap_yu_tjuk

yap_yu_tjuk Regular Member

accountant
    LIN DAN JIA YOUUUUUUU...
    ZHANG NING JIA YOUUUUUU...
    FU / CAI JIA YOUUUUUU...
    GAO / HUANG JIA YOUUUUU
    ZHENG / GAO JIA YOUUUUU

clean sweeps horeeeeeeeeeee

13. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager

Lin Dan will turn on his internal twin turbo chargers after LYB telling him off and then he will shock us with his amazing speed and how agile he is

14. tjl_vanguard

Student
    yea.. n he will so fast that he rushes in from of the court clashes wit the net and *bang* knocks his opponent out.. then the umpire will give him a black card.. and disqualified and his opponent wins the match hahaha :D

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Sigmund Freud - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

16. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
  17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oh, we shall see about that! ;) LCW has to prove it in the 2 upcoming events first... :D [although... I did watch the Indonesian Open and I know what you're saying X Ball] LCW was awesome in Jakarta. Let's see his performance in Manila etc.

#17 Krisna, Jul 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  18. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    You are all certified clairvoyants wannabe.

19. indra

indra Regular Member

LCW's big enemy is NOT Lin Dan, nor Chen Jin, nor PG, nor Bao, nor Chen Hong, BUT Taufik Hidayat...

LCW is fully aware of this condition...

20. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    we can't dismiss all these great players can we? LCW does not take them lightly so why should we?