1. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    hmmm, interesting draws for the english pairs..

robertson and blair drawn against the 1st seeds eriksen and lundgaard-hansen - i think this could be a close game, robertson and blair seem to be slowly improving - altho i'm surprised that they're not seeded yet - i guess that robertson has been focussing on mixed.

also archer and clark drawn against laybourn and steffensen. it remains to be seen how fit archer is..

the new kids.. kris roebuck and dave lindley have drawn qualifiers Chew and Wong, btu they're hardly 'just' qualifiers, Chew is an experienced mens doubles player nad Wong - well - we know Wong too...

should be smoe interesting games..

2. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

I will not be at all surprised if the English pair wins, I have seen them and they are good.

3. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    No easy draws for both pairs, meet Jung Jae Sung - Lee Jae Jin next round, and world champions JR & Lars Paaske in quarterfinal, defending champion lLuluk-Alven in semifinal, world no.1 Jens Eriksen-Martin Lungaard or All England champion Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng in the final.

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Which English pair are you referring to? Not Roebuck/Lindley for sure, no offense intended, but they're not good even by European standards! :rolleyes: (Unless they've seen a massive improvement in the last 6 months or so)

Archer/Clark *can* surprise almost anybody, but I think Laybourn/Steffensen are still improving (which I think is more than can be said about Archer...)

Robertson/Blair vs Eriksen/Lundgaard is probably the most open match the bunch. The Danes weren't exactly convincing in the recent friendly meet against Malaysia... :eek: