MAS Team to Scotland

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by tjl_vanguard, May 16, 2007.

1. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

have faith mlsians :) dats a good team we r having

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

AWESOME !

Team sports produce different results, e.g. in TENNIS DAVIS Cup, even a team without a top player can win because the level of motivation is different.

If MAS can gel the team together to think positively I think MAS has a chance as good as China. LCW is getting into peak form (after IO, he just strolled in at the Pahang Open); KKK-TBH are slowly working themselves back into top form, and if WMC can call on her best on the day, everything is possible.

#22 X Ball, May 23, 2007
    Last edited: May 23, 2007
  3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    A bit of concern with Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui combination, they are still in top 10, but for the past few tourneys, injuries and lack of fitness had taken its toll.

Worse, Wong is probably due to play XD to try and win a shock point against more fancied opposition. We know she is capable of doing that, proven with WC and AG XD bronze medals last year.

While I still believe this MAS WD pair are better than ENG and THA top pair, it is going to be really close and MAS should reconsider playing Wong in two events.

4. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Opinion seconded.:)

5. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

MAS supporters, don't be too optimistic at this stage, WMC is down with a knee injury. So is CEH, she is still nursing a nagging knee injury, so she is not in good shape. If WPT is playing in both WD and XD, I am afraid she will be burnt out before the the semis starts. And lately, Julia Wong and Lydia Cheah are not playing true to their capabilities, losing in the early rounds at Pahang Open and ROBOT Vietnam Challenger are a grave concerned. Let's all hope and pray WMC will be in shape and fit when the SC starts about 2 weeks time. CEH is undergoing therapy, and she can only do light training. I think Yap KH is having a tough time scratching his head right now.

6. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    WMC is well known for her fighting spirit!!! so i dont worry that much.. although she loses, she will always fight till the last point!!! :D :D :D :D

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Totally agree. Like you say, Wong just play WD vs ENG and THA ,dumping the XD but play XD vs CHN where an upset is possible.Wong's a very good player;her opportunities to go deeper or win titles have been compromised because of playing two events.SC (like TC for KKK) should be used to see how well she can perform when she only needs to concentrate on one event.

8. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

I heard Julia Wong is also having some knee problem and Lydia having some back injury.

9. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    haha
    this doesn sound good rite??? haihz... :cool:

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is official that BAM will take 10 players only:

1. Lee chong Wei and Wong Choong Hann
    2. Wong Mei Choo and Anita Raj kaur
    3. Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong
    4. Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui
    5. Tan Wee Kiong/ Woon Khe Wei

I do not understand why BAM will not take some back-up platers especially for Double.

XD is pretty weak and the choice of Anita Raj Kaur is raising some doubts...

11. fook1125

fook1125 Regular Member

I think that m'sia is thinking that xd can wong choong hann/wong pei tty,coz tan wee kiong/woon khe wei is very weak

12. fook1125

fook1125 Regular Member

i think ws they choose anita coz wpx so bad,she lose in vietnam challenge first round,while cheah li ya were not sure and she has hurt

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    anita lost frist round also...I have not seen her performing well lately either...
    I guess MAS will depend on WMC...

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I think Lydia is okay...she will play in Sinagpore next week with Julia ewonga s top seed but unlucky for Lydia,....Zhou Mi is her first opponent....tough luck!!!:(

15. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

I hope Lydia will take all this positively as she is still young. Look like her luck was not that good lately with her back injury, her lost in Pahang, tough draw in Korea and Singapore lately.

Lydia, if u happened to read this forum.... Look forward and train hard to be the best.

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Then she will be facing zhou Mi....very tough luck...:(:( hope she can gain more experiences by playing zhou Mi

17. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Ya..actually a tough opponent doesn't mean that she cant defeat her!!She is still young!!there is still room for her to improve!!I believe she can learn something different fr tat match!!;)

18. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    i think women single & women double no need any back up..
    so we should slot choong tan fook/lee wan wah to the last 2 namelist..
    if Lee Chong Wei didn't play the MS event, then MAS 100% will lost 1 point..
    so why we need Choon Hann which i think is a littlebit useless...
    if we let Lee/Choong in..
    then maybe if MAS wan to play some strategy..
    they can go for it like this...
    MS- Lee Chong Wei
    MD- Lee Wan Wah/Choong Tan Fook
    WS- Wong Mew Choo
    WD- Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui
    XD - Koo Kien Keat/Wong Pei Tty
    i think maybe this can give some differences to MAS team..

19. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Badminton: Fairuzizuan off the Sudirman list

By : K.M. Boopathy

[​IMG]
    Fairuzizuan Tazari was left out of the Sudirman Cup to allow him to concentrate on the China, Thailand and Philippines Opens.

THE BA of Malaysia (BAM) yesterday served a surprise when they dropped Fairuzizuan Tazari and included junior shuttler Tan Wee Kiong in the Sudirman Cup squad.
    However, Fairuzizuan’s omission is not due to his poor performance but upon the request of national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky.

The coach wants the 24-year-old shuttler, and his doubles partner Zakry Latif, to focus on their preparation for the China, Thailand and Philippines Opens in July.

Fairuz-Zakry, currently ranked World No 45, need to do well in the three tournaments to improve their ranking and earn a top eight seeding in the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur on Aug 13-19.

Rexy had also included Wee Kiong in the squad for the Sudirman Cup in Glasgow on June 11-17, as the shuttler can combine with his regular partner Woon Khe Wei in the mixed doubles.
    Sudirman Cup is a team event where each tie has a combination of men’s singles and doubles, women’s singles and doubles as well as the mixed doubles.

As for the women shuttlers, BAM has replaced Anita Raj with Lydia Cheah as her coach Rashid Sidek felt his charge has been producing impressive results.

National chief coach Yap Kim Hock said the inclusion of both players are subject to approval from Badminton World Federation (BWF).

"Rexy wants Fairuz to focus on the three tournaments as the pair must do well to get good seeding in the World Championships and this will also provide Wee Kiong with quality exposure," said Kim Hock.

"Furthermore, Wee Kiong-Khe Wei are being groomed for the Beijing Olympics next year and they can also gain ranking points by competing in the Sudirman Cup.

"Lydia has the Asian Junior Championships in July to focus on while Anita has been playing well of late.

"If BWF does not entertain our requests, we will send a nine-member squad instead of 10 where Lydia will be retained."

Lee Chong Wei and Wong Choong Hann will be the two men’s singles players while Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong will be the sole men’s doubles pair in the squad.

Wong Mew Choo will be the first choice women singles player and she will be joined by doubles pair Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui.

If Wee Kiong’s inclusion is not approved by BWF, Kien Keat-Pei Tty are expected to play in the mixed doubles while Choong Hann will be the alternative as he has played in the mixed doubles in the 2005 Sudirman Cup.

The squad — Men: Lee Chong Wei, Wong Choong Hann, Koo Kien Keat, Tan Boon Heong, Tan Wee Kiong*.

Women: Wong Mew Choo, Anita Raj*, Wong Pei Tty, Chin Eei Hui, Woon Khe Wei.

20. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

What is BAM doing by only sending 10 people? How if one of the MD or WD got injury or they lost badly in group matches?

If so, they cannot change to other pairs. If this decision to save expenses? Malaysia had the chances to go to final. But only with 10 people I doubt it even if all players are in good health.