MAS GP Gold 25/06/2009 Day 3

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by jasonmarc, Jun 24, 2009.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Wow, MAS has 5 MD representatives in quarterfinal, 4 of 5 pairs at top-half draw will face each other tomorrow...

2. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    That guarantees MAS has at least a rep in the finals.

3. Chibot

Chibot Regular Member

Too bad Chandra/Rendra lost to KKK/TBH

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

But WMC has to get pass XAY before can play possible Saina........;)

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Unlikely. In SO, I watched Chinese players fighting tooth and nail against each other, while I had expected some sort of walkover (yes, my bad...). Also, in IO, they had been allowed to have a go at each other. And when they seriously play one another, it is a sight to behold. They play wonderful badminton. Bao v Chen Jin in Singapore was superb.

6. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

It will be very unlikely to a match fixing for China players in a small event like this.

Usually match fixing for China team happened in:

Big events like All England and World Championship and Olympiade. It also only happen if their next opponent is tough players and only one of them had best records against that player.

Example: (RUmor or not) Zhou Mi and Zhang Ning in Olympic 2004. They met in SF. In other SF, Camila Martin play against Gong Rui Na and Camila win. Cause Zhang Ning had better record against Camila than Zhou Mi (Zhou Mi lost most of the time when she play Camila), there are speculation that LYB told ZM to lost in SF.

So ZN go to final and win the gold. Thats also why the real reason why ZM went to Hong Kong.

The match fixing also happen when Olympic is months away and China need as many players as possible in Olympic. A country can only have max three players/pairs in each events but that 3 players or pairs had to be rank in top 4.

That also why the rumor said LD let CJ win All England last year cause CJ need the point to stay in top 4 and LD position is already secure in top 4, win or not win All England last year.

7. 2wheels04

2wheels04 Regular Member

Looks to me that Nehwal fights hard when she is trailing, has more focus and smarter plays. Most of her recent match record is either straight wins (in 2) or loose 1st then take the rubber.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

This is Saina's third tournament so she would be very tired soon.If she meets WMC, WMC's likely to take her along. WS champion likely in the other half.(But I've been wrong many times in this tournament.) Saina's advantage is her INA coach's a sharp tactician.

9. mcdreamy

mcdreamy Regular Member

fiscus
    Camila martin got her silver medal in Sidney, not Athens. it was Mia Audina who lost to zhang ning in 2004 athens olimpic games WS final and got her 2nd silver......

:cool: :D

10. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

For those who are curious about ZL's retired, here you go for the fact. She said she is suffering from knee injury, quite serious also...

11. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Zhu Lin did not played her usual game yesterday and it was not surprising she decided to gae a walkoer for whateer reason.

Yesterday Tan Chun Seang took adantage of a good draw and hopes he can get pass Chen Long today. Should be an interesting match. Chong Wei match despite a large following it was an easy match.

No major upset. Though i considered Lydia Cheah game interesting. Today she played better. Both standard are equal but at the end it is Fu Ming Tian who had the edge for that game. It was later learned that Lydia has sustained a knee injury during her game with Sapsiree. She was found at the rest room with an ice pack on her knee and ankle.

Malaysia got a good chance to take 4 champions if eerything goes well. It will be MS, MD and WS or WD.

Lets hope for the best. I hope the malaysian fans in JB will come in big crowd to cheer for their home player. I be there.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

llol:p yes, agree with you..according to his theory.:rolleyes:
    do you mean 1 of them? (from behind):p
    [​IMG]
    but WMC injury had always been bothering her..so i think this should be 50-50:cool:
    oh, i see..that's pretty sad to hear that...thanks for the info

13. flying kangaroo

flying kangaroo Regular Member

Accountant
    Where's day 4 Malaysia Gold thread!!?? Mr George@chomgwei

14. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Malaysian Open is not attracting that much attention as I hoped it will. We have loads of Malaysian fans here, still.....

15. george@chongwei

whoops, sorry flying kangaroo, i not able to create the daily thread today because i'm quite busy plus the lousy connection i have:rolleyes:
    anyway, as eaglehelang said earlier, u all can create the daily thread on a tournament too if there's none yet.;)

16. george@chongwei

Because it's just a normal Gp GOLD..im sure it will be a totally different story if its mas open super series;)

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lydia injured again?oh my god:eek: