Markis Kido / Hendra Setiawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Ningtyas, Sep 28, 2005.

1. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    same like MAS MD, which solely depends on KKK/TBH.....

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Why look so unhappy when you've beaten Cai/Fu?

Attached Files:

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    they're still in disbelief:p

4. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Markis and Hendra are always quiet and serious, especially Markis. So serious when playing. I like to see Markis power smash. Lots of such players in badminton academy. Short but explosive.

5. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    Heard frm someone that Markis was sick/injured.. But, then, heard again from Ko Hendra that Markis's well again... So glad.. :D They'll be going to Aviva S'pore Open, Superleague Indo, n maybe Indo Open too..

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Given that it's the home event, they WILL DEFINITELY have to compete in the Indonesia Open 2007.

7. meiying

meiying Regular Member

OMG.. I hope Markis is not injured/sick. I wanna see him play. I hope they will have good results in these 2 tournaments..Come on Markis!!!!

8. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahahaha it's good to see Mei Ying give her full support to her favourite player, namely Markis Kido!!!

9. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    Dun worry, Mei Ying, he has recovered.. Ko Hendra assured me so.. Hahahahahhaha..:D :D Let's just hope he won't get injured again, Ko Hendra too.. And other players..:cool:

10. RRen1/26

RRen1/26 Regular Member

yupz2...lets pray for the best for kido/hendra in this 2 tournament (spore n indo) i juz cant stand watching them lose anymore, huaaa....

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The boys are being trained for the WC...

..just want to share this small news as INA top's MD pair are being prepared for the upcoming WC..
    http://www.badminton-indonesia.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2239&Itemid=2

Berlatih Menggunakan Bola "Kura-Kura"
    Written by Kompas
    Thursday, 19 July 2007
    Jakarta, kompas - Berbeda dengan dua ganda lainnya, Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto dan Joko Riyadi/Hendra AG, Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan tidak tampil dalam turnamen Filipina Terbuka yang berlangsung 17-22 Juli. Mereka lebih difokuskan untuk tampil dalam Kejuaraan Dunia, 13-19 Agustus, di Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

"Kami memang akan lebih disiapkan untuk main di Kejuaraan Dunia," komentar Kido, Rabu (18/7), yang pekan lalu bertanding di kejuaraan China Masters dan lolos hingga ke final.

Dalam turnamen tersebut, Kido/Hendra kalah di final dari ganda asal tuan rumah, Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun, lawan yang dikalahkan mereka saat menjuarai China Terbuka 2006.

Untuk Kejuaraan Dunia nanti, Kido mengatakan, program latihan dia dan Hendra akan lebih fokus untuk meningkatkan kekuatan. Hal ini dilakukan untuk mengantisipasi laju shuttlecock yang lambat yang biasanya digunakan di Malaysia.

"Di Malaysia, shuttlecock yang digunakan biasanya berat, jadi power kami harus ditambah, selain pertahanan juga harus kuat. Supaya biasa bermain dengan shuttlecock yang lambat, saat latihan, ujung shuttlecock-nya ditekuk dulu," kata Kido.

Tahun lalu, Kido/Hendra menjadi sorotan para pesaingnya saat meraih gelar dari dua kejuaraan dalam waktu sebulan, yaitu Hongkong dan China Terbuka. Akan tetapi, setelah itu, baru di China Masters, pekan lalu, Kido/Hendra bisa kembali tampil di partai final.

Selain Fu/Cai, Kido menyebutkan, Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong dan Candra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan adalah lawan terberat yang akan dihadapi di Malaysia nanti. "Luluk/Alvent juga sudah main bagus lagi," kata Kido, yang mengalahkan seniornya itu di semifinal China Masters.

Adapun untuk Kejuaraan Dunia, penampilan Kido/Hendra tahun ini akan menjadi yang kedua setelah tahun lalu bermain di Madrid, Spanyol. Saat itu Kido/Hendra tersingkir di perempat final, kalah dari Anthony Clark/Robert Blair (Inggris).

Secara keseluruhan, Indonesia gagal mendapat satu gelar pun seperti yang terjadi di Kejuaraan Dunia 1999 dan 2003.
    ============================================================================================================================================================
    (quick translation)...
    Training with "Turtle" shuttlecock
    Written by Kompas
    Thursday, 19 July 2007
    Jakarta, kompas -Different with the other 2 doubles pairs, Luluk Hadiyanto & Alvent Yulianto and Joko Riyadi & Hendra AG, Markis Kido & Hendra Setiawan did not attend the Philippines Open which was held on July 17-22. Instead they are focusing on the upcoming World Championships, August 13-19, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
    "We are indeed being prepared to play in the World Championships", remarked Kido, on Wednesday (07/18), who competed last weekend in the China Masters and advanced to the Final.
    In that tournament, Kido & Hendra lost in the Final against the host's MD pair, Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun, the opponents whom they defeated when they won the 2006 China Open.
    For the upcoming World Championships, Kido stated, the training program he and Hendra take will focus on strength. This matter is being worked on to anticipate the "slower" speed of the shuttlecock, which is usually the case in Malaysia.
    "In Malaysia, the shuttelcock is usually heavier/slower, so our strength must be increased, beside having a strong defense. In order for us to play with a heavier shuttlecock, during training, the shuttlecock feathers' tips are being bent(out)", added Kido.
    Last yr, Kido/Hendra became a main focus from their competitors after winning titles in 2 tournaments in only a month, which were the HongKong and China Open. But it wasn't until in China Masters, last weekend, where Kido and Hendra were able to reach the Finals.
    Besides Fu & Cai, Kido said, Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong and Candra Wijaya & Tony Gunawan are the toughest opponents which he'll face in Malaysia. "Luluk and Alvent have also played better", added Kido, who defeated his seniors in the semifinals of China Masters.
    On top of the World Championships, Kido & Hendra's appearance this yr will be their second time after attending last yr in Madrid, Spain. At that time Kido & Hendra were eliminated in the Quarter Final, losing against Anthony Clark & Robert Blair (England).
    Overall, Indonesia failed to win even 1 title just like what happened in the 1999 and 2003 World Championships.
    *Boy, i can imagine, that must be some real slow birdies being hit.:eek::p

#51 ctjcad, Jul 23, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  12. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Yes they did! Great job. I did believe that they are capable of becoming World Champion, I just did not expect that they would achieve it in just two years!

Congrats

13. Only CW

Only CW Regular Member

congratulations....a nicest birthday present...

14. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    yeah congrats for kido/setiawan.. well deserved victory for them.. they play really well against LYD/JJS.. especially kido's smashes.. sharp n powerful.. i wonder how a short guy can delivers such a powerful smash *wf... haha.. but sadly they lost all the three meetings wit kkk/tbh.. but tat was last time.. i bet they can easily humiliate kkk/tbh now!!! hahaha...

15. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    wew I think today is Hendra's bday
    hehe happy birthday to him :D:D
    hope he can keep his winning at the upcoming tournaments :D:D

16. armortecfans

armortecfans Regular Member

I think his birthday is tomorrow. Yes, I do hope they can maintain this for the future. The WC title is the great present for Kido and Hendra's birthday.
    Go Kido and go Hendra !!!!

17. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    :eek::eek:
    but i read at wikipedia that his bday is today (24 August)....:D

18. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    yes sir!!!!!!:D

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if kido keep playing like that, one day his racket arm will fall off:p

20. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    Congrats to Kido-Setiawan for getting the world title!! (even though they beat my fav player in the process, actually in the final) It's great that they finally get a world title for Indonesia!! I agree with you, aaron, they might be able to beat KKK-TBh now!! And I LOVE Kido's smashes too!!
    The picture of the China Masters is actually quite funny, even though CY-FHF were standing a step lower than the Indonesians, Markis is still shorter than them!!