Malaysians blew it!!

Discussion in 'All England 2006' started by Lau Kok Wei, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Lau Kok Wei

Lau Kok Wei Regular Member

I was feeling sick to the max after the AE semi-finals matches last week. LCW just lost the plot while leading 13-6 in the decider against Lin Dan while the young Gan n Zakry pair crumbled under pressure against the danes due bias refreeing. Really disappointing...:crying: :crying: :crying:

2. colingsk

colingsk Regular Member

Director, Strategy & Operations
    i was really upset as i really thought lcw would win it. after taking 12-5 lead, it seems that lcw decided to rally front and back!!

what's he trying to proof - wants to toy and tire lindan? should have just attack until game over.

he blew it in my opinion or he was injured somehow or himself tired, don't know why...

as for gan and zakry, believe it was inexperience and of course gan got rattled after being fault a few times by service judge.

so hope all learn from mistakes and over confidence..

3. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Since faulty line calls will take down a player, why not just walk to the referee and argue with him/her for the hell out of it. This strategy serves the player well, because it warns the referee "dun mess with me", its wake up call to the referee "hey, I play my game you do your job !", it increases tension to make the game more fun to watch, and it the referee issues a red card.....just walk away from the court to protest.

4. whymiq

whymiq Regular Member

some sort of officer
    I guess it is just a luck that separate LCW and LinDan.

By the way, I went to the quarter-finals of the AE. IMO, Malaysia has a good chance of at least getting to the final of Thomas Cup this year. I was really surprised with our young double players: Teik Chai & Zakry and Fairuzizuan & Woon Fui. They are really good, and frankly, their performance that night are on par with other worldclass doubles. It is even worth to watch (and worth the ticket price as well :) ) when Teik Chai & Zakry defeated Luluk & Alvent, as the last match of the day.

Malaysia Boleh!