Malaysian Pair Went Walkabout

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by X Ball, Aug 13, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

lol...whatever it is, MALAYSIA BOLEH!:D:p
    and u are 1 of the professional joker of the world right, dude??:rolleyes::rolleyes: kiddo?? are u kidding me>>>??? or u are actually a 10 year old kid??:rolleyes:
    u know.;)...

#81 george@chongwei, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  2. badadum

badadum Regular Member

That's a bit different isn't it? Those clubs doesn't represent the nation.
    We are at the grandest sports venue there is, and you're supporting the opposing player instead of your own country's player...why won't it not be considered unpatriotic?

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, in the last football WC, many Malaysians were either supporting England, France, Brazil, Argentina etc. Those were national teams. How come when Malaysia played at home during the WC qualifying rounds, the stadium were empty?

And is patriotism judged on support of our national athletes?

I pay my taxes. Obey and respect the law of this country.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    :rolleyes:
    many do condemn astro, even they are not fork out own-earned money to pay. pay taxes? now, still remember what have i mention some time ago?

5. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Were England, France, Brazil or Argentina playing Malaysia when those Malaysian supporting them?

The stadium maybe empty, but I seriously doubt Malaysian were supporting the opponent of their own soccer team!

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

No, but why support foreign teams like Argentina, England or Brazil?? Why buy those replica England, Brazil kits? I went to London last June and I certainly didnt see any English lad there wearing our Malaysian replica kit.

Hmmm ... the football WC is the biggest tournament, if our fans dont show up to support our national team during the WC qualifying rounds ... something just dont add up?? Errr ... Chelsea played the Malaysian national team recently, and in the stadium, 90% Malaysians were in Chelsea colours.

7. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Because those are the famous team in the world right now....and MAS is nowhere near their level nor participating in the same venue. What difference is that with some kid in China or Malaysia wearing Lakers or Celtics shirts???

We're talking about possibly the biggest event in the Badminton (and sport), where your own player is playing for your country pride and recognition, trying desperately to achieve something that never been achieved before. Yet you support his opponent from another country...... The similarity is nowhere to be found.

8. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    Consolation: at least KKK & TBH lost to the best, the eventual gold medalists.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Mr. Q mind set.......;)......at least....

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

So, what you are saying is that our support should be conditional?? I mean, if our team is not world famous, it is ok to support others who are famous???

Well, LD is one of my all time favourite shuttler. And I back him to win based on his track record for having performed at the big tournaments i.e WCs & AEs. My support of LD is no difference than those 60,000 Malaysians in Chelsea colours when Chelsea played the MAS national team in KL.

11. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

I always admire and respect great players from other nations, and can actually be a fan of them, but when my country's national players are playing against them, i would support those country mates unconditionally no matter what, because they're playing to represent us as a nation on the international stage.