Malaysia Team : I'm proud of you.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by undeadshot, May 14, 2010.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

They have to change the way they train and the way they play else nothing will change in the results.

We have to inject new methods at management level to generate motivation in new young players. The current coaches need to be retrained themselves as they are not getting things done.

LCW has to reviewed his own play against LD - his loss now and again his loss in the last Olympics. It appears he is continuously been intimidated. And he will be again if he does not learn.

To accept that everything is ok is not going to change anything. We must say everything is wrong and that the current methods of coaching is wrong and we need to adopt new methods. Bring coaches from other countries on a 1 month contract to share their methods - e.g. bring Xuan Xie of China to come for one month to give Malaysian new insights on new training methods.

2. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Another very very forgiving gentleman.

I hope my judgment is wrong that LCW is having "LD phobia". Didn't u guys notice the difference. He was in his usual cocky form against KT & PG while on the contrary, he just froze against LD.

The crowd support was the same for these 3 matches. I don't think the high expectation from the whole nation asserted undue pressure on him resulting in his failure. Having such a vociferous crowd behind, wouldn't LD be under much more pressure?

Like I said before in an earlier post, to be the master of the game one has to
    be able to overcome all kinds adversity and barrier including the psychological aspect.

If the situation keeps on going like you guys said they did their very best; M'sian Badminton shall be hopeless.

Only the best can produce result. Sadly to say to my dear M'sian friends, at the moment TEAM CHINA is the ultimate VERY VERY BEST. Not just that they had achieved their goal of taking home the most coveted prize of all team competition, they did in style and very very convincingly.:crying:

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Partly agree with you.
    1. LCW's body language at the start of the match vs LD was very poor (although better vs KT and PG but not the best.) His head was down, indicating lack of confidence. It's hard to tell why. I mean i mentioned to his coach ,Tey, before, that he's gotta remind LCW to keep his head up because opponents will think he's confident and that scares them. (A confident LCW is scary.) When his head is down, he's indirectly telling his opponents he's not that confident. He can get away with that against any opponent except LD. Someone's gotta tell LCW not to look down more than 30' at the floor and that there's no gold on the court floor! So look up or straight and stare at the opponent!
    2. The match is a reflection of the quality of coaches. At QF stage, after CHN's win, the whole team CHN stayed back to watch the LCW vs PG match. Well, we all know LCW plays predictable A game. With intensive coach analysis,it's not surprising that LD reads his game more crystal clear than cooler's posts. The most important thing LD has to do is prevent or delay LCW from getting off the block. Even in G1, when LD was leading comfortably, the CHN coaches still looked tense because LCW is unique in reeling off many consecutive points to catch up ,once he's on the roll.
    But by G2, LCW must be telling himself,'This is not my day' so his unforced errors piled up, collapsing and gifting LD the match. LD was clever,expressing and brimming with confidence with each winning point, even though LD was clearly nervous at the start.
    3. As the match wore on ,LD's confidence was oozing while LCW 's was waning. Doesn't he have a back-up game plan to play differently when stunned? LCW has the energy to last 3 games. He must have left the court with plenty of unspent energy.
    4. LD gave the impression of tremendous energy with his speed and power. Would he have been able to last that high level for 3 games? We don't know because LCW (and Misbun) didn't do enough homework to stretch LD to that test. My belief is LCW got conned by the impression that LD created. LD said he was very tired after his match with TH. I mean , this is Superdan, feeling very tired just after 4 matches over 6 days? Is that why he is not excited about SS which would test him for 5 matches over 5 days? In any case, when you analyse LD's losses, it has now to do with energy usage levels during a game.(I may be wrong.) When LD uses up a lot of energy especially during mid game through being caught in long rallies, he has problems closing out the game.
    5. In any case,what's so different here about LCW losing to LD from TC08 in Jakarta? In TC08, LCW thrashed LD because LCW was fully prepared and LD was caught by surprise. LD, I believe, was WR1 in TC08?
    6. But why be so glum about the TC10? CHN won because they prepared fantastically. Other teams lost because they could not field their best due to injuries or were caught sleeping. TC10 's gonna be even more competitive, barring injuries and coach napping.
    7. The best outcome is LD defeated LCW in front of his home crowd, so he should try and win the MO next year.

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    you think he will just come if invited? :cool: i doubt that can happen or they want to make it happen :cool:

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

no need for me to comment your point 1-6(too long,i didnt read them). let me summarize your real deep down feeling from #7. Bottomline, in the midst of downplaying LD, u really have low to no confidence in LCW. To believe and say lcw 'should try and win next the MO' showed that u even have doubt on LCW's strongest event with the strongest crowd support. Are you wearing a mask when making posts in BF?

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    when i questioning ur understanding
    u show the understanding disorder here again
    pj mean lindan
    not lcw
    poor cooler
    go find ur kindergarten teacher back

and yeah
    is too late for u to edit ur post as i quoted it
    sorry that i am too fast to expose ur weakness
    that the different of age

#127 limsy, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

kindergarten teacher is dead now lol

edit what post lah? any evidence or proof?
    The only edit done is by u on your post lah.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh
    ok
    its either u are old so teacher is dead:eek:
    or because to hard to teach someone to differentiate lcw and ld,so the teacher get upset and suicide:crying:

its ok that u dont understand my word/post
    to prevent this kind of situation(exposing ur understanding disorder) again
    i shall not comment on what u interest(post) in:)
    i am kind:)

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

maybe u were lucky to have a spring chicken kintergarden teacher. Mine was an older HK woman. On disorder syndrome, please expose anyone u can lah.

11. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    What are you guys talking about:confused: What Kindergarten teacher and disorder syndrome?

On your older HK woman. My guess is either Wang Chen or Zhou Mi right?
    Emigrants from China.:D

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Very well dissecting the match, I am also puzzle of Chong Wei inability to adapt and change as the games went on. For me, Chong Wei could have adopted like Taufik's strategy went for long rally and hope your stamina prevail which Chong Wei is really fit for, instead we saw mistakes after mistakes for speed up the match. I think both player and coach should sit down and figure out what to do when things don't go your way.
    I like what Simon Santoso did against Chen Jin, though was underdog but know how to play to his strength.

13. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Such an elaborate piece of composition is commendable. However, it's only part of point 6 that I'm interested to have a chat. The others, I've no comment cos my knowledge of the game is only skin deep in terms of technicalities.

There's nothing to be gloomy about. I always follow the game as a neutral and have the notion of the statement; “May the better player and team win”.

What irks me was the lame excuses and pampering for such mediocre performance after all those pre-tournament cockiness.

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You really gotta improve your English comprehension. The 'he' refers to LD. LD has never won the MO. Stop being an idiot.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

To be fair to the players and coaches, they must have worked hard to feel the confidence. It's not pre-tournament cockiness. It's just when they prepared harder than before, it's natural to feel confident. Every team would have prepared and feel the same way.In fact, many of the team matches, including UC were of outstanding quality and so well fought, some of the 'unknowns' deserve special awards.
    Ultimately, winning is about who prepared better. The champions did. For TC, it's CHN but for UC, it's KOR.
    The disappointing pattern is when the first Singles lost, the first Doubles also lost , probably under tremendous pressure. This also happened to CHN WD, surprising because they have always been so dominant. But probably they caved under because they have NEVER been and tested under that kind of pressure before. It's good to know they are normal like other teams, not being able to rise above the pressure.

What I don't agree is when posters take the TC performance of CHN as confirmation of their superiority until OG12. TC12 is going to be even more competitive, with some promising non-CHN MS coming of age and CHN MS losing matches the way they have never lost before.If LCW plays in a SS, the chances of a CHN MS winning a title now is 20%? whereas before SS, that figure would be 90%? That's a huge decline for CHN MS.That's why LYB talks so big about major wins so other teams will be fooled into thinking CHN is still superior. CHN MS is very beatable now. And it will not be by LCW only.

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    cooler is emigrant from china? :confused: surprise me more!

17. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Hey mate, why you pass the ball to me out of sudden? I said Zhou Mi and Wang Chen lah.;)

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well if he can't come, then we can go to him, can't we? :D

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

since u replied my post, let me read the 1-6 part which i've skipped earlier.
    ahh, such bold rambling. Badminton game has element of deception, u think LD, lyb and tangfu really gonna change their game plan by seeing what lcw's face look like at the game start? LOL

problem with rambling off is the danger of contradicting self, like u did shown above bolded statement. lol So LD was a nervous reck after seeing lcw's looking down LOL Idiot huh? such big word from a big woman?

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

so why didn't lcw stretch the match to 3 games? before 2008, LD usually have to take 3 games to beat lcw, now only relative easy 2 gamers.
    H2H seem to be trending... worst for lcw.

How do u know or quantify that lcw has plenty unspent energy left? Do u know that nervousness consume lots of energy??? like trembling knees and nail biting, and conflicting electrical signals inside his head? I say lcw was drained after the short match with LD.