Malaysia Team : I'm proud of you.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by undeadshot, May 14, 2010.

1. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    lolx...MK is quite short n he is not thin...HS is quite thin...how come they can win de OG gold medal??:rolleyes:

Agree with u that they should build up their muscles...KKK seems like a bit overweight..
    WCH is 33 yrs old this year n CJ 24 yrs old...his stamina n energy will definitely weaker than CJ..

#61 Felicia_txh, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Of couse lah.........how to feel proud after lost so badly......including the shameful lost to Japan....:D

But we can feel proud for their win over the Danes for sure........thats all !!

4. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Before start of semi-final match:

Datuk said will use his secret weapon. Newspaper reported we are underdogs.

During match:

Datuk played his game and i can see that his secret weapon is making as many unforced errors as possible. Crumbled under pressure i supposed. But have to admit that Super Dan completely outclassed Datuk.

Our MD1 played with tidak-apa attitude.

WCH tried his best already and i sympathised him and also MAS for not having any other younger option.

After the match ended (1 of the shortest semi-final in history):

Yeah, we lost to better opponents.

What i found very disturbing is that, they do not show any emotions after they lost.

Few years back, our players will cry and get really frustrated when they lost their games.

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, they always playing with that kind of attitude....nothing new here ! People weill say i belittle them.....again ! ;)

WCH, was very sad and with tears in his eyes after he lost to JOJ...I dont know about LCW and our 1st MD....:)

6. The Observer

The Observer New Member

honestly, i cannot really picture MAS as the Thomas Cup winner within the next 10 years...China is simply too strong and most importantly YOUNG...

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup, as usual :D

More debates ? ;)

After the fiasco with Fairuz (after MD2 lost to Japan) during group match, dare they show frustration in public? LCW looked very dejected, KKK/TBH I"m not sure, couldnt see their faces.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Agree, hopefully you manage to communicate it to the relevant parties.

Some of the audience left after KKK/TBH lost, some more left after uncle WCH lost 1st set. But the remaining clapped & supported uncle for every point uncle Wong won, he tried the best he could. ;)

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Msia Boleh...!!! Dun worry if we didnt win TC 2010, there are many upcoming tournaments in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.... :)

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Dunno wanna wait till when?:D

11. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

It's hard to really go down and cry when your opponent totally outclass you during the game. The player trying the hardest was prolly WCH which is sad considering he knew he had nearly no chance of pulling it off...

KKK/TBH havent won anything important for a while... and for one of the better younger pairs... they dont seem to improve at all...

A few more losses and dont be surprised to see LCW throw the towel against LD. Trained so hard and changed his game which allowed him to outclass pretty much everyone and yet LD destroys him whenever he wants... seriously, who wouldnt feel discouraged? Im not saying that they are not being hardworking but I seriously doubt they truly believe that they can win.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    i said before the thomas cup start that
    dont think about others 1st as japan might beat malaysia too
    but people keep focusing on china,ina,korea and denmark:rolleyes:

their keyboard are itchy;)

13. george@chongwei

their hand and their mind itchy or their keyboard?:D

14. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    totally agree with u on this...

alot of ppl has been saying lcw didnt play like he usually did.. even misbun said that lcw who didnt smash is not lcw... the thing is that ld didnt allow lcw to play his own game n didnt allow lcw to smash.. that is lcw's problem as he cant find a way to create opportunity for himself when ld has been creating all the opportunity for himself throughout the entire match. this shows who's da master during that match.

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

You can see that the fella was going to cry, especially at the part where he hugged Misbun after losing the second game 8-21. And the AstroArena still went ahead and interviewed him. His voice towards the end of the first sentence indicates that he was going to break down, but after the second question, he seemed more composed.

Don't know about KKK/TBH. Seemed slightly disappointed with themselves but as for being sad... don't think so.

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Thomas Cup: Wong Choong Hann tried his hardest for MAS

After reading so many posts, it's Wong Choong Hann who was reported having tried his hardest for MAS.

That's no surprise. Wong Choong Hann has always being seen to have the best fighting spirit in the current crop of MAS players.

It's no surprise that we can see/read players' determination or attitude when fighting hard.

For winning or losing, it is for pride. But for trying hard or giving up, it is the determination or the attitude that counts.

Well done and well played, Wong Choong Hann. !!! :):):)

17. george@chongwei

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The lull (LD not playing against him in earlier tournaments) was not good for LCW. The guy thrives on competitions. The chinese denied him of that by not playing LD. He was led into a lull believing he could beat LD (I must admit I did too).

When LD came out fighting like a tiger on TC match day, LCW just did not know what to do. He was overwhelmed. LCW should learn to intimidate LD but it is always LD doing that instead. Compliments to LD - he has a brain and a half.

As for KKK-TBH, the chinese are too good with their fighting capabilities - they wore down the Malaysian pair. TBH is weak - he cannot keep up with the pace. KKK makes mistakes when it counts. Overall, they are still pretty inefficient when it comes to big plays.

I am not going to take anything away from the Chinese team. LD is just at his best again - he is a real champ (his antics during and after the game, the jumping around and breakdancing showed that this guy is a great believer of himself and that is why he is so very good. He is a very intelligent guy to minimize LCW like this. Kudos to the man - I am beginning to respect him more. :)

#78 X Ball, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  19. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Just My Two Cents

To all M’sian badminton fans,

I'm a M’sian too (though of Chinese origin) and no less patriotic than any of you.
    You wouldn't be able to see me jumping up and down shouting until I almost lost my voice the day team M’sia last won the TC in 1992 cos I have no video evidence.

Being patriotic is good but, still proud after so many failures; that's pathetic.
    Let me give you this quote from the film ALCATRAZ:

"WINNERS GET THE JOB DONE AND GO HOME TO "F**K" THEIR PROM QUEENS. ONLY LOSERS WHINE ABOUT DOING THEIR BEST".

So, which group you wanna belong, WINNERS or LOSERS?

After TC I've scoured through this forum to find out how ppl respond towards M'sia's miserable failure. To my amusement what I've seen through most threads were mostly sour graping and fanatic idolization.

Wonder why Team China was so merciless against M'sia?

Let's start with the jive (or whatever you call it) LD did after the match which many LCW fans felt offended.

Say you have the capabilities of LD. What would the feeling be after beating the s**t out of your opponent who had bragged about his best has yet to come after beating a lesser player and that he has some secret weapons up his sleeves against you (not to mention those arrogant postures and provocative stares after each point he won)? To add more oil to the flame, some smart guy from his camp hyped that your team could be thrash 3-0.

IMO, that jive of LD wasn't disrespectful and Team China wasn't arrogant for being so merciless. It was an instinctive act of fulfillment. Why? Because "THE TOOTH OF A TOOTHLESS TIGER (WHO TRIES TO BITE) HAD BEEN PLUCKED".

To all LCW fans, I'm sorry you have to face the fact that the outcome was all about "THE MASTER AND THE PRETENDER". The master stays calm, calculative and delivers the good while the the pretender trembles, blank out and crumbles under adversities.

For those who wonder which department should LCW (or should I say the whole M'sian team except one creditable guy (guess who; he's going to retire anyways) in the squad) improve on, IMO; it's not techniques or tactics nor physical conditioning either. It's the one most important aspect of the game;

"ATTITUDE".

"BE ABLE TO CHALLENGE HIGHER LEVEL OPPONENTS AND RESPECT LOWER LEVEL OPPONENTS".

Sounds familiar right?

This view of mine wasn't based on the recent TC result alone. It was from the many tournaments the current M'sian team had been to through the years that I've witnessed.
    To conclude, I would say the M'sian team dug their own grave for provoking the Lion and yielded their own embarrassment by counting the chickens before they are hatch.

Shoot me if you disagree. I wouldn't be bothered to retaliate cos I sincerely wish to see improvement and hope someone from the M’sian team read this too.:cool:

#79 OldBadFan, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He is better off not playing anymore and maybe start an early career in coaching.