Malaysia Team : I'm proud of you.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by undeadshot, May 14, 2010.

1. allexlee

allexlee Regular Member

i saw cw repeatly clearing most of the shuttlecock to LD forehand side,can somebody tell me is this lcw's secreat weapon?or he totally forgot he's playin with a left-handed?
    conclusion poor strategy

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    under pressure plus nervous can ruin all :rolleyes:

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think is time WE CHANGE THE HEAD OF BAM...

with so much $$$ Government investment (THAT's our TAX money!)...

We need some HONEST & KNOWLEDGEABLE & LOVE BADMINTON Guy to run BAM not some politician who only know how to POLITICssss & EAT MONEY!

4. olympic

olympic Regular Member

I was so surprised and annoying when I learnt from the newspaper report that MAS team were given a day break prior the semis match against China!! Totally rubbish!!
    What for give the players a day off when such an important match will be going on??Shouldn't they have much work to do,like watch video do analysing, discuss what strategies to use, etc...
    I think the MAS team take it for granted that so call "home ground advantage" that they have...lack of preparation against the mighty Chinese team is one of the factor to the lost...and now the MAS team eat the humble pie at their own home ground shamefully!

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    sounds weird... maybe u r right... if msia has stayed focus instead of FAMILY time... we might have worn!

6. Xerobeat

Xerobeat Regular Member

Guys is it me, or the malaysian players are usually either kinda skinny or just fat, while China players are at an ideal weight and optimum physique. Which gives them more strength, power and energy?

7. olympic

olympic Regular Member

From all the 3 matches (in the 2nd game) we can see that the scoreline all was under 10.This showned that the MAS players were mentally collapse after losing the 1st game.
    I was especially disappointing with LCW and KKK-TBH's performance,being at World No.1 ranking, they played below their true abilities.For WCH,he was the fighter,at least he gave some resisitance to CJ.For a man with the age of 33,what else more could we asked from him?

8. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Instead of coming up with fictional secret weapons, LCW need to come up with FAR stronger mentality. He is 28 by the way, can be consider veteran for this sport. Peter gade also use to be nervous during big matches but he GOT OVER IT much sooner than LCW.

9. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    We are all disappointed, but they will continue to fight on for Malaysia. So lets all cheer them on!!

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Do you think they really learned,...think again, after so many years, and so many potential young players have wasted. :mad:

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

For me, I would like to congratulate MAS team for able to advanced to Semi Final TC with such a unbalance team, they still managed to beat Denmark, that spirit is just amazing, lost to China is expected as Chn is way to strong for MAS to play against.

Congratulation China..

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

And Speed....

kkk, OSH, HTH and the fuzzy are too fat.....lack of speed and agility....:eek:

MHC and TWK too skinny...lack of power, strength and energy...:eek:

And we cant complaint about the height....!! mostly are short !

13. Luking

Luking Regular Member

Each team wants to be the champ. I belief they always do the best they can. There are tens of participants but only one winner. Should we blame every team that has lost?

Congratulate to China, congratulate to those who lost but did their best and for being sportive.

14. Xerobeat

Xerobeat Regular Member

Height doesn't really matter actually if their body is at an optimum physique. For height, maybe the player can just adjust his skills or just focus more on his skills. But if he/she is at an optimum physique, I'm sure they can do better.

But like u said, some of the players like kkk, OSH, HTH and the fuzzy are lacking of speed and agility because they are too fat. If they had an ideal physique like china players then many things can do :D.

Same goes to Datuk Lee Chong Wei, Wong Choon Han and Wong Mew Choo also, looks a bit under-muscle for professional badminton players. The fact that LCW is world no.1 player shows that in terms of badminton he is very skillful but his physique might be holding him back.

They should focus more on packing more muscles on their upper body for strength, and lower body for speed. They might need to do a lot of gymnastic style stretching also to cover those drop-shots that the China players give them like WCH game with Chen Jin was it yesterday.

I could see that WCH has the brains to learn to overcome his opponent's tactic, but he just didn't have the energy. His posture was bad too compared to Chen Jin. If you notice, I think China players mostly have good posture during game, it kinda reflects their physical fitness.

Another thing if you guys notice, the way the Malaysian players Smash is quite predictable, they really show that they wanna smash when the shuttle is high up in the air hence the opponent can read that and the only the thing that will be holding the opponent back at that time is strength of the smash. Problem with these kind of smashes is I think it sucks out the players energy. Using it at the last bit of the game would probably be the best time, like the doubles match we won against Denmark.

But if you see those China players, somehow I think they are taught to keep their 'smashes' like a surprise attack, you can't really predict if the China players wanna smash, they do it really quick and last minute, hence very surprising for the opponent. WCH really lost to that.

In my opinion, I think there is nothing much to do with the Malaysian players mentality like the reporters always report, I believe malaysian players are smart and skillful in badminton, but their physique is whats holding them back, their skills also need to improve more especially with the predictability issue. It's their overall built is what the problem i think.

For the mentality, there's only one thing, I was reading what China's coach says, and seems like their mentality is 'we are definitely gonna win Ha-ha-ha", the China players also kinda show that kind of mentality in their game, Simple mentality but yet very powerful.

It keeps them relax I think instead of Malaysia's "Are we gonna win? maybe we can, maybe, maybe" which focuses too much on mentality than the skills and physical fitness of the players. Seriously, I hear it too much, on the radio, on tv maybe, in newspaper, "maybe we can, maybe we can". lol. We should say "Malaysia Definitely Boleh" and then move on to win the game. :D

#54 Xerobeat, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  15. fishnet wen*yi

fishnet wen*yi Regular Member

student
    i'm only commenting because i got irked from seeing the title of this thread. it seems so typically tak-apa that we can just acknowledge such a horrid performance as trying their best. it's exactly like what someone mentioned in another thread about playing as though there's nothing to lose rather than playing to win. if this is considered the best of their abilities, then i'm sorry to say that i'm not proud at all. it only means that we've degraded in our abilities to churn out champions over time despite having so many resources and incentives compared to before.

rankings fluctuate, sure. then wouldn't it be better for you to do your best to justify your ranking or your abilities rather than make up the excuse that 'oh, i'm actually subpar to that. my rankings don't mean anything'. how on earth does that evoke the sense of pride in the first place, acknowledging that our players don't deserve their 1st rankings or that it's ok that they can't meet up to the expectations of having said rankings in the first place?

as for china being too strong, that's true. their line-up's way more intimidating than ours. but look at what korea did in their uber cup. awe-inspiring performances each and every one of them. malaysia didn't need to win, granted. but if you call that a performance to be proud of, i suggest you watch some of the past thomas cup recordings where malaysia gave a heck lot of a better fight (eg. 2002 vs. indonesia. the fighting spirit they showed then was and still is, inspiring.)

it's as though everybody lost their motivation to do better. i don't know if that's really their best (though it highly doesn't look like it and i seriously hope not) but whether or not it's their best, they've got some serious work to do if they want to continue making a mark in badminton.

or it may deteriorate to the state of our football standard. or sepak takraw. as history has shown.

please no more tak apa attitude. and kudos for the korean women team for showing everyone what people can actually achieve with a little more backbone.

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the debate still going on very strong as always:D:D:D

17. Xerobeat

Xerobeat Regular Member

Yeah, no more tak apa attitude, or "maybe" attitude. Just use "Malaysia is definitely gonna win attitude, no doubt about it!", then go train :D

18. george@chongwei

Very well said! Totally agree with you.

19. george@chongwei

after watching yesterday's lin dan vs lee chong wei match LIVE in front of my own eyes. I 101% agree with u:):D

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    proud even after lost attitude cannot be accept
    tak apa attitude cannot be accept
    think that malaysia player is the best attitude cannot be accept

erm
    what u guys what?:D