Malaysia Team : I'm proud of you.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by undeadshot, May 14, 2010.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Team Malaysia Players ( Good Job ) - Team BAM ( Sack Them ).

Its never the players... its the management.

Lesson learned today... do something about it.

2. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Agreed...Thats y i still can praise them...Alex Yong...:D
    ANd they had tried their best...but china is too strong..

#22 Felicia_txh, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  3. crusher

crusher Regular Member

The local coaches will never be sacked. ONly the foreign ones. Tomorrow everybody will say "go back to the drawing board", "we have to prepare for the next cup", "everything provided for the players, they did not deliver". Coaches never take the blame themselves.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Of course it's disappointing that they lost but it was expected to be a tough battle against China.I am still proud of Malaysia and will continue to give my support :)

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    dear ants,
    you been always close to the players, BAM, coaches and etc.
    please do help us express the above as per your mentioned.

6. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

We all know ranking isn't based on skill. So stop bringing it up. Just because the ranking system is flawed doesn't give you an excuse to blast Malaysia's players... We all know Lin Dan is the best in the world (it's not LCW's fault he doesn't attend enough tournaments). That doesn't mean he's unbeatable, but it does mean it's going to be a tough job for even his closest competitors. As for the doubles - the number ones are always changing anyway. The top pairs are all very even and it's always hard to predict who's going to win when they come up against each other.

The fans really have nothing to do with selection or management so what the heck does it matter if they're proud of their team? Isn't that a good thing? Jeez let them be...

What stuns me is that you seem to have nothing positive to say about Malaysia, it's fans or it's players. Got a grudge or something?

7. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

nothing wrong with thanking the team fans support....

as long as you have the decency to not go all sour grapes on the winners and continue to mock and discredit their achievements, i think thanking the team is fine

8. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yes, on the other hand that's just as bad ;).

9. ericmeiguo

ericmeiguo Regular Member

Come on, none of mas players played really hard tonight. The first 2 games should be tight, but getting less than 10 points in a game means they tried their best? I don't buy it. You are satisfied with this outcome because you assume that mas players are not as good as chn players ,and this is the best result mas players can get at this stage, but this is not true.

I won't say they're mentally weak, but mas players were just crashed under pressure. They didn't do their best, and gave up after a little resistance.

10. julianng

julianng Regular Member

good comment, but maybe a little harsh on the boys.

11. goldensand

goldensand Regular Member

student
    mas players didn't look confident even from the get-go... as if the chn players had "i'm crushing you" written on their foreheads.

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Good game for malaysian team.Do better next time!Malaysia Boleh!

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

someone called alexyong said that LCW is a fake ;)

And yes, there is a big gap between LD in form and LCW.
    LD's defense was like the great wall of China.

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

You are being wishy-washy here. First you said that LCW is a fake WR#1, so he isn't expected to win against the REAL WR#1, isn't it?

I think trying their best is a huge difference between doing their best. Sometimes, even when the 2nd best player tries his best, when the opponent is too strong and he himself is intidimated, he can still get dismal results.

15. puzzle26puzzle

puzzle26puzzle Regular Member

malaysian team.....u r the best....."CHN" pls dont be 2 arrogant!!!!!!!!!

16. stanster213

stanster213 Regular Member

Still a student... STRIVE for excellence in everyt
    Pls be proud of MAS players...

IMO, given the current circumstances of badminton management in Malaysia, per ah ants mentioned,

I am sure we can all be very proud of MAS player's efforts.
    It's not easy up there, especially if their own management are not quite so supportive of them; China management (as I heard from a few people like ah ants) are very supportive and positive about their players.

And from reading ah undeadshot's first post, I even felt a bit emotional.... big congrats to LCW, KKK/TBH, and WCH for really giving it their all under the given circumstances.. win or lose, if you can leave with the satisfaction that you've tried your very best, then that's good in the longer term.

Thomas Cup is a TEAM event. All MAS nation's badminton components; players, coaches, management.. need to be completely co-operative and supportive of them other to excel to the max. If one component completely does its best, but another component is lacking; then of course, they will be sub-par to another nation whose "components" are co-operating flawlessly.

And again; I am surely proud of the MAS players for their efforts. A fan does not know how tough it is being an international player until he/she actually becomes one and goes into his/her shoes... so dai ga should pls thank, support and further encourage the players for their good efforts; not criticize them profanely for not having performed up to standard. "Those who can do, do; those who cannot, criticize" :D (That is not to say, though, of course, the players THEMSELVES do not have room to improve. There is always room for one to better himself...)

Malaysia boleh! Continue to "ga you" over time. :D
    We all know they can do it, if they take good action effectively over a long period of time. :D
    MALAYSIA GAMBATEH YAH!!

-----------
    PS.. I have witnessed on various parts of the forum, ppl "attacking" and insulting China (profanely). This is unfortunate. IMO, We should not "attack" China by bluntly calling them names #$# or insulting them heavily. If anyone has the urge to do so, pls read Kwun-sifu's post in "BAM is a MESS" thread;

They (China players/management) have truely worked very, very hard and learned from a lot of hard, hard failures over the years to reach the calibre they are at today in badminton.

... just look at how ah LD, CY/FHF, and CJ pulled it off today... stunning! :D

So pls, appreciate China today. They must be commended, not insulted. :D
    Jung guo JIA YOU!!

#36 stanster213, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Well done for sorting the wood from the trees and explaining to our more disappointed members more clearly the situation.

The Nicol David situation is different. Yes, she is number 1 but do Malaysia have the strongest squash team? Answer is NO.

As for teams, another analogy would be Real Madrid - they have some of the best players in the world, spend lots of money and still disappoint...

To get a win, you need the whole team to perform. We only see what's on court and it's easy to blame players. To have true insight, one must look into the weaknesses of the whole system. Players talents cannot compensate for management weaknesses in a team event. There is a common saying "You are only as strong as the weakest link".

Yes, there are weakness in the team - look at why and build for the future.

Mod comment: BTW, we have received comments on inflammatory writings on this thread.

We get this every time the Thomas Cup comes around:rolleyes: It shows Malaysians are proud of their players;) Keep calm.:p

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's the passion for our Badminton that counts

Yes, I am stunned too. :eek::eek::eek:

Many BCers are talking about different things in the last 24 hours. Some are talking about World Rankings; others are talking about mismanagement of national associations, about financial rewards players get when winning for their countries, etc......

It's the passion for our sport that counts. Why not just congratulate the winning team/nation?

We do not need to criticise the losing teams and/or the losing national associations.

19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Thats the dynamics of the sport. One day you are a hero and another day a villian. Enjoy the sport. Keep the flame going. ;)

20. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    I am not proud of the Mas team at all from the very beginning. I take pride for their trying their best.
    It is just sad that WCH is still needed to play in MS2. That show how bad the condition of the back up players in Mas.
    F/Z our MD2 was beaten in simulation test by junior players after all the training in preparing for the TC - that is too sad and it showed when they played against Jpn.
    I want to be proud of our Mas team but ....... how?