Malaysia Open 2008 - Day 4 - Jan 18 - QUARTER-FINAL

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by badMania, Jan 17, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Btw, Abedeng, did LWW look injured, limp or anything, weird for them to be behnd 0-11 in 3rd set.

And how's WMC play today?

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Wah, only malaysia golden pair left. No kick lah. Jinx stadium. Better change back to Cheras hall.

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    LWW didn't look injured, but he was much slower than normal. They struggled hard even against Ong/Tan the night before, almost lost that match too.

Nothing weird, just out of control, they were playing with the drift, most clears went out of baseline, and they were too slow to react at the net.

WMC played better in China Open. She lost out big to Hirose on net exchanges. Had problems closing out game 2 with 6 gamepoints saved. On the other hand, Hirose kept making sideline/baseline clear errors, most glaring in game 3.

I suppose by the end of that hour long battle, Hirose made too many mistakes to giftwrap the match WMC's way. Pity, it was a point for point struggle until 14-12.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Watching the RTM highlight....Wong Mew Choo is definitely not comfortable speaking Malay :eek:

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You also hanging around till wee hrs of the am. I didnt watch that part, but yup WMC's Malay not so good. LCW also, have the chinese educated slang.

6. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Shon Seung Mo almost upset Chen Yu. SSM wasted 3 game points at 20-18 and 21-20 but allowed CY to take 3 straight points to secure the 1st game. It was so close.

I was cheering for Kenneth Jonassen at L2 first row near court 1 with some other Malaysians. When KJ won the match against Bao Chunlai, some audience was "shouting" at KJ to give away his winning racquet but I guess KJ didn't hear it.

Wong Mew Choo almost gave me heart attack when she wasted 5 game points before Eriko Hirose forced a duece. Luckily, WMC secured the 2nd game at her 7 game point.

Lee Chong Wei just a class act as he beat Simon Santoso in straight sets (21-13 21-13) in just 33 mins. During the early stage of 1st game, LCW looked a bit pale, I guess he has still not fully recovered from the flu yet.

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Oya, today I managed to meet jasonmichael, hauge & fastdrop during "break" (women's doubles matches). I saw twobeer & met ahsan as well.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Photos of famous members@BC attending the MO SS 2008 ???

Hi robin7... Any photos of you lot of famous members@BC for us to see? :D:D:D

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-You can read about it here..

..maybe these links, among a few in BC, will answer your queries??..;):cool:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44450
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43852
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19382&page=3