Malaysia Open 2008 - Day 4 - Jan 18 - QUARTER-FINAL

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by badMania, Jan 17, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yeah...tough fight as always....they might lose though :cool:

2. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    I heard an English commentator saying this:

Markis Kido is hitting hard but they are not deadly...I mean even Anthony Clark has no problem returning his smash...I think this pair is where they are because of Hendra...cos Hendra is a very intelligent player.......he has the ability to read games

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I think d65 has confused the matches with KKK/TBH vs Kido/Setiawan matches, Speedy/Lightning vs the 2 mighties got a few where the mighties couldnt get their act together.

D65, China Masters was what many said is the "bad line call" match, favouring China.

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    They can started not to focusing on KOO/TAN then :cool:

5. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student

hehehehe I hope that happends in Olympics and AE ya.....So Kindra has all 3 of them collected:)...but the biggest threat is Cai-Fu...did any1 watched Kindra match today btw????

How come they only have 4 smash winners??? so wat did they use to beat the Danes????

6. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Hmm,an exciting match in md tomorrow,cos the 4 pairs are former & later world champ <yup,except tony!At that time,chandra was with sigit>

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think he said that because he only look at the 2:0 result. He didn't watch the whole match and didn't know that MK/HS gave up towards the end of the match.

8. eaglehelang

Very CD got the vid to download. See Vid sharing thread too.

9. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Dude is China master first or China open first??? The one that Kindra won is China open ya??

10. sentosa

sentosa Regular Member

Worker
    aiyah, everyone talks about KINDRA Vs CY/FHF right now. i wonder what will happen if both of them lose 2morrow.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I still have yet to watch that match up to now :cool: I was in Indonesia during the summer holiday when the Final was played.

I did however pop by Chengdu (what a hot city during summer :eek:) in the first round of the China Masters and met up with some players, including Ko Aryono (our WD and XD coach), Greysia Polii, Maria Kristin, Bao Chunlai, Xie Zhongbo, and took pictures with Xu Huaiwen, Anthony Clark and 2 French players :D

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    average day for malaysia.

lcw n wmc-great couple in a semis.what an interesting story to be told?

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Lundgaard had service trouble again, other than that, Eriksen was missing his net touch. A lot of simple net kills went to the net. And his forehand defence is terrible today. The closest they ever came to was 14-15 in 1st game.

Candra/Tony maintained their power game. This match hardly had a long rally, everything was for immediate kill. Kristansen lost his cool midway in the 1st game - affected his performance a bit.

Cai/Fu played their typical fast tempo, a lot of pressure on CCE. Once, Cai even leaped for a kill when CCM tried to send a shuttle backcourt that almost passed him.

14. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Well I dun think Cai-Fu will lose to the Danes.....if they do I'll give all of you treat when you are in Jakarta this March or April....well If Kido Win then I'll give everyone here a treat......cos I really place doubts on them lol

15. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Okay,tony was also the md world champ. Tony/halim beat 2 koreans pair in sf&final in 2001. Then, I remember when chandra/sigit lost to tony/bach 3 years ago,it hurt me! Why did tony leave bach?Does he still coach us team?I ever heard a rumour that tony will back together with halim,but why that didnt happen?

16. eaglehelang

Hiyaaa, D65 didnt read news wan kah? It was in the news online, Kido complain a bit about the line judging part. You & me not Indonesian also we knows.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Kido/Hendra have beaten Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun TWO TIMES over the past 13 months in individual tourneys: both ended in straight sets and incidentally, I was present in both matches to see them live in action.

China Open 2006 Final -- 21-16, 21-16
    Hong Kong Open 2007 Semi-Final -- 21-15, 21-12.

In addition, they beat the Chinese pair in the Asian Games Team Event Semi-Final -- 21-14, 18-21, 21-16 and lost once also in the earlier matchup 16-21, 21-17, 13-21.

The defeats came in China Masters 2007 Final 15-21, 16-21; and another unofficial defeat in the group stage of the Invitational World Cup (which they won eventually): 21-12, 14-21, 10-21 (note that they were without a coach when they travelled to Yiyang. Ko Herry IP flew back home after the victory over Fu/Cai in the China Open Final in Guangzhou).

So, recent matchups suggest that they are evenly matched at 3-3.

#797 badMania, Jan 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  18. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Dude I am Indonesian...I want my players to do well thats why I am very criticaal....But was that the case in China open??? Any links??

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

How did the World Champion play today? Esp at the crucial stage 14-15 in the 1st game. I suspect they were playing fast-drives?

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yup, fast drives that ended with Danes sending to the net. Or a loose return for easy putaway.

The World Champs were only at 70% I think .... Compared to them, Tony/Candra were totally committed and ruthless. Played for a big lead before the interval, then slowed down a bit to invite the Danes to attack and make errors.