Malaysia Open 2007 - Day 4 (QF)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by hcyong, Jan 18, 2007.

1. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

Really??? Just checked it now...still INA WD,....damn!!!if it is true...thats bad....

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

yeah, raph just said he corrected it to korea women's doubles. but we are not sure yet, cuz the scores are still not updated.
    i wanted to ask jo novita, but she's offline already. :(

3. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

checked it again...They changed to Korean pairs....sad..sad...

Polii/Marissa will play japnese WD..I saw on live score..3rd set is 24 to 22 for japanese....Chinese WD was leading befoe they choked...

4. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Yeah, bad 4 Endang/Rani! But, a great chance 4 Greysia/Vita tomorrow to cruise to final! Tx Rudy! r u Indonesian?

5. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

Chinese Indonesia..live in LA and Hong Kong/China

6. yannie

yannie Regular Member

The WD result between KOR and INA is still uncertain.

7. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Okay! See u tomorrow!

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I was at the stadium. I know the Korean WD beat the Indon WD. Unless something changed later on ...

9. yannie

yannie Regular Member

ok thanks hcyong! since you were at the stadium, i trust you..

10. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

Thx...too bad for INA WD

11. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Sorry guys but LEE Chong Wei and CHEN Yu lost to their opponents. I think CHEN Jin lost to CHEN Hong unless CHEN Hong beat CHEN Jin badly in one game (eg. 21-5) and lost two close games because CHEN Hong has more total points than his compatriot.

If I am not mistaken, the semifinals will feature a match between Peter GADE and Kenneth JONASSEN and another between CHEN Hong and BAO Chunlai.

#271 virusvoodoo, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Malaysian Open champion Lee toppled by China's Bao

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - China's Bao Chunlai ruined Lee Chong Wei's hopes of a fourth successive Malaysian Open title with a 21-14 21-18 victory in Friday's quarter-finals.
    Malaysian Lee was tipped to win the tournament after Asian Games champion Taufik Hidayat and world number one Lin Dan had been knocked out in earlier rounds.
    Bao, however, was too strong for the second seed and next plays Chen Hong after the 2003 winner defeated Chinese fellow countryman Chen Jin 21-19 20-22 21-16.
    The event is the first leg of the Badminton World Federation's new Super Series which offers increased prize money and television coverage, with the aim of lifting the sport's profile.
    Peter Gade-Christensen, the 1998 champion, set up an all-Danish affair in the other semi-final with a 21-14 21-13 victory over China's Chen Yu.
    World number five Gade-Christensen, who was close to pulling out last week because of illness, next faces Kenneth Jonassen.
    Jonassen scored a 21-19 21-15 win over South Korean Park Sung-hwan, who knocked out Lin on Thursday.
    In the women's singles, China's Zhu Lin set up a semi-final with Dutch player Yao Jie.
    Zhu defeated Hwang Hye-young 21-10 21-10 while Yao overcame Bulgaria's Petya Nedeltcheva 15-21 21-13 21-14.
    The other semi-final is between Malaysia's Wong Mew Choo and Japan's Eriko Hirose.
    Wong battled to a 15-21 21-15 22-20 triumph over Germany's Xu Huaiwen and Hirose put out Hong Kong's Yip Pui-yin 15-21 21-12 21-10.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Some quickie comments from QF day actions..on & off topic..

..just finished reading thru this thread and i can say there have been quite a few surprises and def. some heart-pounding matches..here are my quick comments:
    - Not to sound like an excuse, but IMO, LCW's defeat probably was due to his lack of training because of his injury, esp. reading thru on how he was playing "not-in-tip-top shape". Tomorrow's MS SF clashes will be pretty awesome. Looks like Peter Gade is flying on all cylinders with his new aerodynamic hairstyle.;) :D :cool:
    - MD's matches. All i can say, just from reading is WOW!!!:eek: Esp. that Kido & Setiawan vs. Eriksen & Lundgard Hansen. Simply amazing![​IMG] Who would've thought we could see another 30-29 game like last yr during the Thomas Cup SF. I would def. try to download and see yesterday's match. Tomorrow's MD SF clashes will also be pretty exciting.
    - WD's matches also were quite a surprise, esp. with the "upset" victory of the JPN pair over CHN's #2 WD pair. I guess the whole CHN team is somewhat affected by the flu.
    Overall, the SF day will be pretty exciting, let's hope so & it could be another nail-biting and heart pounding day. Many different players from different countries will be duking it out..Good stuff folks!!:) :cool:
    Off topic: :) ah, explains why you hang out with them quite a lot during the recent CM..Also now i know why you are quite keen and interested in INA players..;):cool:

#273 ctjcad, Jan 19, 2007
  14. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Off-topic: Could be the reason :eek:.. Well, they invited me out for dinner on CM day 1, and after that, they always asked me to hang out with them.. :D Indo players are simply more outgoing than Chinese, who were usually hiding inside their hotel rooms (except XXZ = party freak :p).. Indo players always wanted to go to cafes, clubbing, go out for dinner, shopping etc. And they are REALLY funny and crazy.. But would be better if they improve their English!!!

#274 yannie, Jan 19, 2007
  15. yannie

yannie Regular Member

http://www.antara.co.id/en/seenws/?id=26294

Nova/Ilyana proceed to semifinal in M'sia badminton open

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Indonesian mixed-doubles Nova Widianto and Lilyana Natsir entered the semifinals of the Malaysian Badminton Open Super Series on Friday after beating Thomas Laybourn and Kamilla Rytter Juhi from Denmark.

Nova and Lilyana beat the Danish pair who ranked fifth in the world in a straight set 21-16, 24-22. This was the sixth victory over the pair that Nova and Lilyana made in seven encounters with them.

Nova and Lilyana would meet Chinese pair Zheng Bo and Gao Ling in the semifinals on Saturday.

Nova said he predicted the match with the Chinese would be tight. "It would certainly be tight. We lost to them in the Asian Games (in Doha, Qatar) recently. Our chances are fifty-fifty," he said after the match.

Nova said that the newly-set Chinese pair was better than the old pair of Zhang Jun and Gao Ling who now ranked second in the world.

Indonesia still have two pairs to play in the women`s doubles namely Endang Nursugianti/ Rani Mundiastuti and Greysia Poliie/Vita Marissa and one pair to play in the men`s doubles namely Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan in the US$200,000 prize tournament. (*)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So who won??? :eek: :eek: :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

16. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

looking at the game points and rallies won.
    I would said it's KOR who won.

hcyong confirmed this as well. But I just don't know how the press got the wrong news?