Malaysia -One of Medallists of Sudirman Cup 2007

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by cxytdn, Aug 18, 2006.

1. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

According to the results of Sudirman Cup 2005, there are eight teams such as China, Indonesia, Korea, Demark, Hong Kong, Tailand, England and Malaysia will play for Sudirman Cup in group1.

I think Malaysia will enter into SF at least, maybe Final. China will be Champion again, Korea and Denmark will be medallists as before.

2. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

Malaysia is still weak in WS, XD and WD comparing to other teams in Group 1. In order for Malaysia to enter SF or final, two points from MS and MD is a must and hope one point from WD, XD or WS. It will be quite tough for Malaysia to beat other rivals in Group 1 with only LCW and CTF/LWW or CCM/KKK. However, it will be a totaly different ball game altogether if only Zhou Mi representing Malaysia for WS and/ or partnering Wong CH for XD.:D If this could become a reality, then, I think Malaysia could enter SF or even final.:D

3. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well...i am quite agree with what Chu Liuxiang said....i hope Mas can has more improvement in the women players and give more attention to them.....

4. ronk

ronk Regular Member

MAS XD is improved with 1 pair in the World championship semifinals. The top MAS WD pair is top 10 and WMC is getting better. With luck, MAS has a chance to make it into the semifinals. But the top players must play and there must be no injuries among the women especially WPT.

5. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

Well judging from the latest show in WC Madrid, Indonesia is definitely out of the race. Their men players are not as dependable as previously, and their women players have definitely fallen out off the word scene.

Malaysian women players look like staging quite a surge towards world-class level. In time they will be (if they are not already) right there with the other top level players not from China. That gives us a good chance of a medal. Yes I think so. And please keep Cheah Soon Kit around.

6. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

medal alone is not enough, is it?

7. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

I enjoy reading your impartial assesment of the Malaysian team for the Sudirman Cup.You are definitely right about the Malaysian women.If Zhou Mi were to represent Malaysia,that would be heaven-sent.But I see no reason for her to come to Malaysia unless some dashing loaded gentleman has captured her heart.Anyway Malaysian women do have the talent to be world class player.But alas,the one who could whip them into shape,has his hand tied.

8. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    it is possible for MAS to get a silver if the MAS team doesnt meet the CHI team before the final. MAS team has a chance of winning MS-lcw, MD-kkk/tbh and XD-kkk/wpt and even maybe WS-wmc (based on their latest performance in MO & KO) againts Korea, Denmark and Indonesia.

but then again, MAS has the tendency to lose coz when under enormous pressure during team events.

9. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

i think mas hav a chance to win medal if they can avoid china
    our girls have improved n certainly we hope 2 get point from them or at least good fight
    in fact WMC n WPT/CEH nearly beat china in the asian games team
    even XD also have improved with wpt/kkk
    but now that kkk is not going to play xd anymore i wonder who will they field.
    but i still think that KKK/WPT is the best MAS xd
    maybe they will be field just for SC
    besides that MD also looks go 2 win a point now

10. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    this is what i think...

LCW must win....
    KKK/TBH should be no problem....
    WMC big chance
    CEH/WPT erm... maybe they can... but i think they can't when meeting CHN
    XD?? maybe MF/WPT.. they did quite well in AG, Rexy might put them together...

11. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    TJL, why dont you fill up the MS for MAS while i partner with yf for XD? if we manage to go into finals then mayb it'll be a confidence boost for MAS team. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D jk.

12. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

huh.me partner w alfa2 for xd?then u must cover me a lot. haha.
    i think still kkk/wpt better or MF/WPT also good.i think mas will either send this 2 combination 4 xd since they are good. and who knows maybe wpt/ceh can beat china this time after sparring with men
    hehe

13. tjl_vanguard

Student
    me play MS??? u want me send MAS packing home earlier?? :)

14. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    no no no...u get it all wrong. Our opponents will laugh at us til they tak tahan n kena admit into hospital. thats our final goal..... win gold without even playing. all W/O....

15. tjl_vanguard

Student
    then i think LD can retire RIGHT NOW!!!!!

16. twdc08

twdc08 Regular Member

student
    yup...i also think malaysia can at least go in2 semi final in sudirman cup....they r totally different right now...

17. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Depends on who Malaysia is up against.
    Against:
    a. Hong Kong - Malaysia is vastly superior in all areas except WS; 4-1 or 3-2 at least
    b. England - Malaysia should take MS, and also favoured to take MD. WMC is also slight favourite and WPT/CEH v DK/GE is 50:50. Malaysia at least 3-2
    c. Thailand - Boonsak is a danger, but Malaysia should still lead 2-0 in men's department, and able to get at least 1 other point elsewhere. At least 3-2 again.

So, now to the other 4 so-called badminton giants.
    d. Denmark - I think it's 50:50. Malaysia has a clear cut advantage in WD, and slight favourites for MD and WS (depends on whether Tine can rediscover her form). KKK/WPT can give the Danish XD some fight. And MS is a big match. I still say Malaysia has the edge, thanks to *shock* the ladies.
    e. Korea - Malaysia advantage in MS; Korea advantage in WD and XD. So, that's 2-1 in Korea's favour. Malaysia must win both MD and WS, which is do-able but not easy at all. I put it as 3-2 in Korea's favour.
    f. Indonesia - In all departments, it is almost 50:50. Taufik clearly is a great player but on his day, LCW can trouble anyone. Too close to call, but I think Indonesia slightly stronger. 3-2 to Indonesia.
    g. China - no brainer.

So, I think a semi-final spot is a reasonable target. A final spot is achievable if China is avoided, but I would classify it as an overachievement.

18. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hahaha...talking about Zhou Mi where is she right now? Never heard of her since the news of she considering playing for MAS. Anyone got her number so that I can make the first move to capture her heart.:D:D:D:D

19. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, agreed, DEN is a relatively easier prospect compared to KOR and INA.

i would say it'll be harder to beat the koreans than the indonesians, i fancy KOR to take WD and XD, with MD and WS in the balance.

as for INA, MS and WD are touch and go, i would fancy MAS for MD and WS, but definitely not for XD.

so in terms of difficulty, i would say it's KOR > INA > DEN. SF is realistic though not guaranteed, reaching the finals is highly unlikely, and winning it is virtually impossible (without some nasty spate of injuries or a withdrawal by the CHN team).

20. kobe77sg

kobe77sg Regular Member

zhou mi is now playing for Hong Kong. She play in the aviva singapore open 2007
    but lost in 1st round to pi hong yan